• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 File Size on Xbox One Revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I just hope they add a language patch later so we can toggle between language settings...

I have no idea about how file size works though. Maybe language settings would make the file way huge?

horto12485

Awards
I am worried too. I'm afraid we won't have any more disney worlds, or playable Radiant Garden and Land of Departure/Cable Town. Maybe I'm wrong (I wish I am) but the file size seems too small, unless they did a really good job at reducing it. Square Enix had significant economic losses this year derived from the Luminous Studios nonsense and maybe that affected KH3 budget and content was cut. I don't think so because the game was too far into development when the losses were reported but I don't know... I just don't want another FFXV with important plot-related content cut from the base game to be added via DLC later on. I'll be relieved if the next trailers show gameplay of new worlds, either Disney or original.

What so that's it we're just going to have 8 Disney Worlds? But that's not fair 8 Disney Worlds can't be enough i thought there be 3 Disney Worlds in each set but now everyone is saying there's no more Worlds to be revealed i can't believe this (Now we're going have to wait for The Princess and the Frog in the Next Saga along with Agrabah, Jungle Book, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Lilo and Stitch, Lion King II, and Pocahontas)

Crimson Crusader

Sarcasmbot
Awards
What so that's it we're just going to have 8 Disney Worlds? But that's not fair 8 Disney Worlds can't be enough i thought there be 3 Disney Worlds in each set but now everyone is saying there's no more Worlds to be revealed i can't believe this (Now we're going have to wait for The Princess and the Frog in the Next Saga along with Agrabah, Jungle Book, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Lilo and Stitch, Lion King II, and Pocahontas)

First off, life isn't fair. Game devs can do whatever they want and as consumers we have to accept it or not purchase their content.
If Square-Enix only wanted to have 8 worlds, then that's what we're gonna get. No amount of complaining and bitching will change that.
Secondly, there are still 2 more trailers to come this month so who knows. Maybe another world (or two) could be revealed. Nothing is for certain until comfirmed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There were roughly three worlds in each phase of development. Early development, mid-development, and late stage development. Doesn’t include worlds finished or work that hadn’t really begun in earnest.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I imagine this might be a similar situation to Spyro Reignited. The initial download was about 30GB, but expanded to 67GB with the Day One patch. Knowing they were having trouble fitting everything on the disc and Nomura making a statement encouraging fans to have an online connection, I don’t think it’s a stretch that they may have needed to split a significant portion of the game into a separate download.

notnow123487

Awards
I imagine this might be a similar situation to Spyro Reignited. The initial download was about 30GB, but expanded to 67GB with the Day One patch. Knowing they were having trouble fitting everything on the disc and Nomura making a statement encouraging fans to have an online connection, I don’t think it’s a stretch that they may have needed to split a significant portion of the game into a separate download.

I’m sure there will be a large day one patch, but that doesn’t change the fact the game needs to be playable as is off the disc.

Leaferian

Awards
I just hope they add a language patch later so we can toggle between language settings...

I have no idea about how file size works though. Maybe language settings would make the file way huge?
Pretty sure Nomura said the animations for lipsync in multiple languages took up way too much space. I'm pretty certain that's the major reason he gave for why the game wouldn't launch with language options for voice.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The thing about Spyro was it was compressed and there was about 17GB of data that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. You have the 33 or whatever GB on the disc and the 19 GB patch. That’s only 52GB yet the final count is 67GB.

Osaka probably did the same thing, just without a patch. The size will go up when the game has copied over. If there was additional downloads required to actually access the end of the game then that would have been reflected on the box art as well.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Well it depends on the fan, if KH3 is being hyped as another KH game then people would be pleasantly surprised by it. If the hype is looking at it as the best game of the century, then it's a given that some people are going to be dissapointed by the end result. Depends on how someone looms at it.

Look at Nier Automata. That game is maybe 30-35 hours in total when you're doing the main story, but it's considered to be one of the best JRPGs of all time. Persona 5 took me about 130-140 hours if memory serves, and that's also one of my favorite games. Spider-Man PS4, another new favorite, is about 20 hours or so. Story Completion Time doesn't really equal "great story", it just means that it requires that amount of time for you to get to the beginning to the end. Of course.

What matters most is that they nail the storytelling from beginning to end and keep the pacing consistent. I wouldn't want to do a bunch of boring missions just to pad out the story completion time, but I also wouldn't want it to be bare bones and lacking, either. As long as it's meaty enough to keep people satisfied while balancing the pace well, I think KH3 will be fine. From what it looks like, there's going to be a lot to do in the game anyway, so we're good.

sephydark

Awards
Osaka probably did the same thing, just without a patch. The size will go up when the game has copied over. If there was additional downloads required to actually access the end of the game then that would have been reflected on the box art as well.

Yeah, it's likely that they have compressed the game and it'll unpack itself and get bigger when it installs. That's been a thing on PCs for a while and if they were worried about the size being too big it makes sense.

Even if it isn't compressed, keep in mind that the biggest things tend to be things like video clips, audio, etc. So file size isn't that well correlated with game length.

robotman

I don't think the size of the game is anything to worry about, it's just weird that they said they were struggling to fit it all on the disc and it ends up quite small compared to a lot of high end games.

Zerkania

Awards
Someone on Reddit showed it preloading already on their Xbox:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/a342yx/kh3_ummm/

So the size I guess is confirmed (but it could be highly compressed), but it's really odd to be able to download this early??
Especially when the game was delayed for worldwide release (presumably VA and translations/localization), but it's ready ~55 days in advance?

Fatal Mode

Someone on Reddit showed it preloading already on their Xbox:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/a342yx/kh3_ummm/

So the size I guess is confirmed (but it could be highly compressed), but it's really odd to be able to download this early??
Especially when the game was delayed for worldwide release (presumably VA and translations/localization), but it's ready ~55 days in advance?

Yea a lot of times they install compressed then they get unpackaged. Or like in the Xbox's case it has a dedicated processor for compressed audio.

the red monster

Awards
pre-load 55 days before release? wtf
at this point it's just better releasing it early january instead of letting us wait.. i don't get it.

sephydark

Awards
It seems weird that the game is preloading already, but I have heard that XBox sometimes preloads games way ahead of time. Hopefully this doesn't mean that dataminers will be able to spoil anything for us.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It seems weird that the game is preloading already, but I have heard that XBox sometimes preloads games way ahead of time. Hopefully this doesn't mean that dataminers will be able to spoil anything for us.

Pre-loads have not been cracked yet and we are like 5 years into this gen. We are good.

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I doubt the pre-load is the full size at all. I'm just hoping the patches and all are included on the disc.
I've waited this long, but it will be super stressful if I pop it in at midnight and it has like 50gb for a day one patch making it so I have to wait just one more day.

There's way too much story to cover, so I'm guessing the story will definitely be more than 20 hours.

Either way, I'll be getting this on PS4, for sure, so I look forward to hearing about the filesize, there.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm just hoping the patches and all are included on the disc.
They're not. Day One patches can't be included on disc because they are developed in-between when a game goes gold and starts manufacturing and the actual release.

I've waited this long, but it will be super stressful if I pop it in at midnight and it has like 50gb for a day one patch making it so I have to wait just one more day.
I don't think a Day One patch would be that big, but you should definitely prepare for there to be one and it might be sizeable.

notnow123487

Awards
They're not. Day One patches can't be included on disc because they are developed in-between when a game goes gold and starts manufacturing and the actual release.

I don't think a Day One patch would be that big, but you should definitely prepare for there to be one and it might be sizeable.

Don’t be surprised if it’s north of 10GB though. That’s fairly normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back