• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Disc Art and Artbook Cover Revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

Leaferian

Awards
Sora's holding the Infinity Badge, but it's in its hammer transformation.

Like Cyborg said, the Keyblades on the art book page from left to right are Pirates, Toy Story, Monsters' Inc, Frozen, Big Hero Six, Hercules, Shooting Star, and Tangled.

For those fretting if those are all the Disney worlds' Keyblades, notice that the Winnie the Pooh Key is missing.
Yeah I noticed that too. Plus, Nomura said there would be a few keyblades that don't get transformations right? But that they'd have unique abilities, like the Kingdom Key?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah I noticed that too. Plus, Nomura said there would be a few keyblades that don't get transformations right? But that they'd have unique abilities, like the Kingdom Key?

Do you think he meant form changes when he said that? No transformation with the Kingdom Key but it can activate Second Form? I'm guessing that Stardust activates Second Form too for some reason. Ultima Weapon might give us that fan speculated Ultimate Form, the gold outfit similar to Final Form. How would we get stuff like Glide also?

Leaferian

Awards
Do you think he meant form changes when he said that? No transformation with the Kingdom Key but it can activate Second Form? I'm guessing that Stardust activates Second Form too for some reason. Ultima Weapon might give us that fan speculated Ultimate Form, the gold outfit similar to Final Form. How would we get stuff like Glide also?
Unsure in regards to Glide, but as far as other keyblades having unique abilities I could see passive skills returning as well as potential "forms". Since Second Form seems more like the BBS Command Styles, I'm thinking even keyblades that don't physically transform probably come with special additional moves and travel powers. I believe he already confirmed Second Form was unique to the Kingdom Key, but that doesn't mean others can't do things like have movesets based on DDD or specific characters/elements.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Unsure in regards to Glide, but as far as other keyblades having unique abilities I could see passive skills returning as well as potential "forms". Since Second Form seems more like the BBS Command Styles, I'm thinking even keyblades that don't physically transform probably come with special additional moves and travel powers. I believe he already confirmed Second Form was unique to the Kingdom Key, but that doesn't mean others can't do things like have movesets based on DDD or specific characters/elements.

That would be pretty interesting. There's just so much I want to know about this game that I don't really want to find out until it releases but I won't ever stop speculating!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Edited the illustration from the promo pic. Best we got for now:

Sora%20Sketch%20Colored.jpg

UltimaXOmega

I'm hoping we get a few FF themed Keyblades and original Keyblades. They always have the best designs.

Echoecho6

Awards
I said it before and I feel I should say it again. I think we should prepare to not have as many keyblades as we would hope.
1) Less worlds. For a game like KH2 where they have many mini worlds, AND second visits, it is easy to stick a keyblade at the end of each, maximising the amount of keyblades we had. KH3 wont be like this.
2) Each keyblade has unique transformations and movesets, this means more work per keyblade which could also diminish how many they want to make. Granted, I notice they are kind of just reusing transformations and shotlocks now so it helps. Like Pooh's keyblade basically being another skin of the shooters and canon launcher.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I said it before and I feel I should say it again. I think we should prepare to not have as many keyblades as we would hope.
1) Less worlds. For a game like KH2 where they have many mini worlds, AND second visits, it is easy to stick a keyblade at the end of each, maximising the amount of keyblades we had. KH3 wont be like this.
2) Each keyblade has unique transformations and movesets, this means more work per keyblade which could also diminish how many they want to make. Granted, I notice they are kind of just reusing transformations and shotlocks now so it helps. Like Pooh's keyblade basically being another skin of the shooters and canon launcher.

Not every keyblade is world themed. Look at the entire list of keyblades in KH1 and 2 and look how many aren't tied to any worlds. Spellbinder, Sleeping Lion, Lionheart, Metal Chocobo, Fatal Crest, Guardian Soul, Fenrir, both Ultima Weapons. And Kingdom Key only gives you second form, no transformations. I'm guessing that Starlight/Stardust (I can never remember the real name) probably won't transform either and more than likely neither will Ultima Weapon. If Eraqus' keyblade is wieldable by Sora that will also probably not transform at all either.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I wholeheartedly agree!

Not every keyblade is world themed. Look at the entire list of keyblades in KH1 and 2 and look how many aren't tied to any worlds. Spellbinder, Sleeping Lion, Lionheart, Metal Chocobo, Fatal Crest, Guardian Soul, Fenrir, both Ultima Weapons. And Kingdom Key only gives you second form, no transformations. I'm guessing that Starlight/Stardust (I can never remember the real name) probably won't transform either and more than likely neither will Ultima Weapon. If Eraqus' keyblade is wieldable by Sora that will also probably not transform at all either.

We haven't had a Final Fantasy themed Keyblade after Kingdom Hearts II. Kingdom Hearts III is breaking a lot of conventions that we're normally comfortable with.

And how do we know whether The Masters Defender can transform or not? There could be more than one Keyblade that transforms Sora into Second Form.

Echoecho6

Awards
I can't believe me and Alpha agree on something, but yea. You are assuming we will have alot of extra keyblades, I mean like I said even if it is just a moveset like Second Form, it still it alot of work to put into each one. I doubt they will give us that many different options.

Also I didn't say they had to be world themed. My first point was about how KH2 had more worlds/second visits, and that you get a keyblade at the end of each. Guardian Soul, like you mentioned, is granted after your second visit to Olympus, which is exactly my point. We wont get that many chances in KH3 unless they give random keyblades in the middle of these Disney worlds, which I doubt.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
It would be awesome if when Xehanort saga ends, we got a complete artbook covering everything so far.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
It would be awesome if when Xehanort saga ends, we got a complete artbook covering everything so far.

Or better yet, the KINGDOM HEARTS equivalent to Hyrule Historia. Hell, I've got the perfect name for it:

KINGDOM HEARTS: Jiminy's Journal ~The Dark Seeker Chronicles~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back