• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Deluxe Edition Announced!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I kinda thought the figure thing was the collector's edition but I suppose its not being called that, so maybe

Yeah I think the bundle is our "collectors edition". If they were going to make another one, then they probably would have revealed it by now.

DarkQueenHelba

Awards
I put this in another thread by mistake:

I’ve had $200 set aside for this game for over 2 years to get the “Ultimate-Special, Going to be the Best, Only on the SquareEnix site” Edition. The “Bundle” is just disappointing. It’s just the Deluxe with over priced small(!) figurines. I love figurines, I really do. But $150 for 3 characters that are all smaller than my hand is absurd! Donald isn’t even 4 inches tall!

All the other SE Collectors Edition are way better. The WOFF had 3 figurines, soundtrack, and an amazing Pop-up Book holding box. Dissidia NT had a art book, soundtrack, steelbook case, Collectors Box, amazing Bust of Warrior of Light, and the SEASON PASS.

Why does this one, that I have been waiting for 13 years for, suck? I wanted soundtracks. I wanted Limited holding boxes. I wanted something so much more. I wanted a product that truly was worth waiting 13 years for. And this is not it.

Actually how do I email SE? I want to complain directly to them!

eiczerofour

I think this is a great pack, I am super excited for this bundle. I really do not get all the hate... these are great quality figures, and we get an art book, steel case, and pin on top of that. I guess it is not everybody's cup of tea but I am in love with it.

DarkQueenHelba

Awards
The thing is that we are not getting “an art book, steel case, and a pin on top of that.” We are just getting the same Deluxe as everyone else and the figurines nailed to us as well.

I did mention some of the other stuff the other games have on the SE store site. All of that makes what KH3 comes with seem cheep in comparison. After all it’s been a series for over 15 years now. Give me some cool stuff at least!

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
gonna preorder this weekend at gamestop as soon as i can. i'm not passing this one up.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Honestly, I feel like they covered all the bases here aside from some sort of soundtrack. You have a steelbook and an artbook, which are classic CE inclusions. The pin was an obvious and welcome choice, to match all the previous KH special editions. And then you have high quality figures of Sora, Donald, and Goofy. The soundtrack thing, I don't get why they excluded that. This series is known for its music, they could have at least included a "Selections" disc or something. Another thing to note is that the inclusion of DLC content typically makes the marketing image for a special edition looks bigger and better, and since KH3 has none planned at the moment and Nomura doesn't like Season Passes (bless) we're getting none of that here, and DLC is a big staple in modern special editions.

I know a lot of people wanted a life-size Keyblade replica for the collector's edition, but that would have been a bit unfeasible and very expensive. Given that the Proplica Keyblade just released and that thing is basically a perfect Keyblade replica, I can tell you that the thing is WAY too big to be included as a collector's edition piece. Not to mention that would have made the price very expensive and it would have been very hard to produce enough of those to meet demand. The incredibly limited supply of the FFXV Ultimate Edition was absurd, so I imagine they didn't want to repeat that here and make something that was difficult to produce large quantities of.

Honestly, aside from the soundtrack thing, I'm not sure why some people are so angry over this. I agree that it does feel a bit lacking in comparison to some of Square's other collector's editions, but I feel like they included everything that made sense for this series. Square already has quite a bit of KH merchandise on their store and they almost never recycle things for their special editions, so things like Keyblade keychains, necklaces, acrylic stands, and so forth, they likely didn't want to include anything that people might already have purchased previously (that was a complaint with the 2.5 special edition when they included the previously released Shadow plushie).

bagcifreak

I agree. The CE feels kinda empty. I wish we would have gotten a physical version of the soundtrack and maybe something like a keychain or Soras necklace idk.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I agree. The CE feels kinda empty. I wish we would have gotten a physical version of the soundtrack and maybe something like a keychain or Soras necklace idk.

The promotional images make it look empty, but really, they covered the most important aspects of a special edition, I think. A soundtrack would have been a nice inclusion though, especially for this series. And an additional thing like a necklace or keychain would have also been just a little something extra to make it feel more full. But really, I don't think these special editions are all that lacking. Remember the 2.5, 2.8, and 1.5+2.5 Limited Editions which all only came with pins? THAT is a lacking special edition.

One thing I notcied is that it seems they wanted the packaging of the special edition to match all the others. The design is the same as the 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 Limited Editions. So it seems they wanted the packaging to be consistent with the previous ones, and given the smaller form factor, it likely limited the amount of items they could include in there. Notice how even with the Bring Arts version, the figures are noted in the fine print as being packaged separately, rather than the Bundle edition being given entirely different packaging to accommodate the figures.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Remember the 2.5, 2.8, and 1.5+2.5 Limited Editions which all only came with pins? THAT is a lacking special edition.
But 2.5 had a Collector's Edition on top of the Limited Edition
Spoiler Spoiler Show

In Japan it had the Collector's Pack (along with two(?) other less extravagant versions) with the option to add on a Limit Form Sora PAK.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Currently Japan is offering a bundle package for KHIII with 1.5+2.5 and 2.8, with a new box a la the 15th Anniversary Box they got with 2.8 preorders. Though that's a standard edition KHIII I believe.

I'm happy with the Deluxe Edition, but given the hype surrounding this game, and how much of a major release it is for Square, it does feel a bit lacking when more effort was put into an HD collection​.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Very true, the collector's editions for 2.5 (NA and JP) were very nice. I own both and they're lovely.

I do agree that, given the hype of KH3, it does seem a bit barebones. However, look at the NA 2.5 collector's edition. Steelbook, artbook, pin, plushie. Compare that to KH3: Steelbook, artbook, pin, and Bring Arts figures. They're basically the same thing. There are a few differences, of course. The 2.5 CE had both 1.5 and 2.5, which sweetened the deal, and the steelbook had that gorgeous artwork, whereas the KH3 steelbook looks quite disappointing with just the plaid look. That being said, the KH3 Deluxe Bundle really isn't much different from the 2.5 CE, and a lot of people really enjoyed that, myself included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back