• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Complete Leak Summary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Looking what we all know so far, the game seems rushed. It's unbelievable to even think that considering how long we have waited, but that's what I'm feeling.

I don't think it's rushed. I just think that attention went more into Disney worlds, and not everything else. Plus sometimes Nomura can be too ambitious for his own good. I think the game will be OK, but it will under-deliver in some aspects. We already know that the Gummi Ship segments seem to be the best the series has ever gotten.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
People are hard-on speculating it's Noctis. More specifically, kid Noctis.
I really don’t think so because of the Yozora reference already. But I could be wrong. I’m hoping for someone cool.

Echoecho6

Awards
Well with Disney working side by side with Square this time and really helping them in development, and how the Disney characters looked better than the original characters in earlier trailers, I am not surprised the focus was more on this aspect.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I really don’t think so because of the Yozora reference already. But I could be wrong. I’m hoping for someone cool.
The what-what reference?
Well with Disney working side by side with Square this time and really helping them in development, and how the Disney characters looked better than the original characters in earlier trailers, I am not surprised the focus was more on this aspect.
Pretty much this. Each world is the same length as 0.2, meaning that they worked in individual games, when you think about it. Minus Keyblade Graveyard nor Scala ad Caelum. We can pretty much assume that in the Disney department, Nomura over-delivered, but in terms of FINAL FANTASY and KINGDOM HEARTS, it under-delivered, specially how the ending seems to tie into KHUx, the mobile game that was not to be main plot... lol

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The what-what reference?

[video=youtube;1lLr9H4n9W0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLr9H4n9W0[/video]

Rex and Hamm are playing a video game to what we believe is similar to FFXV. Rex even mentions that he can't beat Bahamut. A character from the game is named Yozora. Yozora in Japanese means "Night Sky" and Noctis' name is latin for the same meaning. So when Rex meets Sora for the first time, he thinks he's Yozora from the game.

It's a nice subtle reference to FFXV. This was originally picked up by Oracle Spocknort.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So we don't know who the Remaining 7 new Princesses of Heart (Besides Kairi, Rapunzel, Anna and Elsa?)
Nope. Which makes me wonder if Nomura intended for this to be a plot point starting in KH3 and leading into the next saga. Either that or the new Princess' role is so insignificant that it wasn't worth mention for the leaker

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
[video=youtube;1lLr9H4n9W0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lLr9H4n9W0[/video]

Rex and Hamm are playing a video game to what we believe is similar to FFXV. Rex even mentions that he can't beat Bahamut. A character from the game is named Yozora. Yozora in Japanese means "Night Sky" and Noctis' name is latin for the same meaning. So when Rex meets Sora for the first time, he thinks he's Yozora from the game.

It's a nice subtle reference to FFXV. This was originally picked up by Oracle Spocknort.
I see. Thanks!
Not until we play the game, I’m sure, unless the leaker decides to leak that.
No one has even asked him, haha.
Nope. Which makes me wonder if Nomura intended for this to be a plot point starting in KH3 and leading into the next saga. Either that or the new Princess' role is so insignificant that it wasn't worth mention for the leaker
Maybe. But from what we've seen in trailers, it's possible it's something that KHUx and KH4 will further explore.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe. But from what we've seen in trailers, it's possible it's something that KHUx and KH4 will further explore.

The only plot from ux that would make sense for that is the plot point with the darkness charachter

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I don't think it's rushed. I just think that attention went more into Disney worlds, and not everything else.
If they prioritized something over the rest, to me that's means it was rushed somehow.

I think the game will be OK, but it will under-deliver in some aspects.

That's not good. KH3 would never be perfect, but if it's just "OK" then its a disappointment.

There's lack of Disney Worlds, FF characters and playable characters.

The Worlds being bigger can't be an excuse for everything. Just like having better graphics, that's something we should already expect from a PS4 game when compared to a PS2 game.

I think the game will be good enough to call it "good" though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Is Mysterious Tower part of or separate from Twilight Town?
If we go per the worlds list, then it's a part of Twilight Town.

If they prioritized something over the rest, to me that's means it was rushed somehow.
Except that, per the definition of the adjective rushed, the game is not "rushed". Prioritizing something over something isn't rush, but rather, a decision. It was Nomura's decision to prioritize the full development of Disney worlds because, this time around, they had the golden opportunity of accessing Disney's various teams that worked on the movies that Nomura selected to be starred in KINGDOM HEARTS III. It's the reason as to why I claim that KHIII will over-deliver in terms of Disney: because it's what most got priority.

There's lack of Disney Worlds, FF characters and playable characters.
Gentlemen, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep 0.2 a Fragmentary Passage was a game in itself. Each Disney world is like a 0.2. There is a lack of Disney worlds, yes, but in terms of quantity, not quality. What do you all want? The worlds are confirmed to be three hours long. Everyone would have preferred to cut that in a third and make three more worlds out of the content they created for each world, and have another KHII where each world had an hour long campaign, and a 15 minute revisit? Please. And remember: Nomura literally ran out of space when developing this game. Video game development is beyond quantity, but of making the decision of ensuring that the final product has the best quality in it.

FF characters
KH has managed without FINAL FANTASY, so I don't get how the lack of any FF characters is demotivating. We only had a cameo in BBS, and Nomura explained why. I imagine the same happened here. And to my suspicion, Ansem's Apprentices have taken the role that Squad's gang had in KH2. And I personally have no problem with that, seeing as how we need to see more of the Apprentices.

playable characters.
Okay. This is a ridiculous expectation that you yourself set. Mainline KINGDOM HEARTS has always been about Sora, and having Donald and Goofy as main party members. It's ridiculous that anyone expected to be able to play as every Guardian of Light. Nomura took the decision of making Riku playable, and he delivered. That's that.

The Worlds being bigger can't be an excuse for everything.
Yes it can, but since you're not a video game developer, you wouldn't understand. And you can ask Nomura himself, seeing as how, again, he ran out of space.

Just like having better graphics, that's something we should already expect from a PS4 game when compared to a PS2 game.
You talk as if "better graphics" doesn't mean taking a whole lot of space from the disc (BluRay in this case).

I think the game will be good enough to call it "good" though.
The game will be bad for those that have ridiculously high expectations.

And honestly, after this fiasco with the original worlds, I HOPE IN GOD'S NAME that the next KH game has LESS DISNEY WORLDS.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Okay. This is a ridiculous expectation that you yourself set. Mainline KINGDOM HEARTS has always been about Sora, and having Donald and Goofy as main party members. It's ridiculous that anyone expected to be able to play as every Guardian of Light. Nomura took the decision of making Riku playable, and he delivered. That's that.

And honestly, after this fiasco with the original worlds, I HOPE IN GOD'S NAME that the next KH game has LESS DISNEY WORLDS.

To be fair though these expectations weren't set by a single person.
Different people prefer different characters and Nomura himself said that almost all of the main cast has problems and issues that need to be addressed and worked through.
It's not too much of a jump for people to get to the conclusion that characters other than Sora would thus get spotlight and, since this is supposed to be a video game, involve also playable portions.
The other characters being handled in just a few cutscenes is exactly what many people don't want. When it comes i.e. to arch enemies and people's own beefs with Xehanort these characters should face (and win) those challenges themselves and not have Sora do everything.

The whole thing with Riku being playable is actually laughable by now. If there is one character among the original cast that doesn't need to be playable anymore it is Riku.

I agree though that the almost crumb-like handling of the original worlds leaves much to be desired, especially when it comes to Radiant Garden and on that background I do wonder if they put too much focus on the Disney worlds during development time so that they had to cram in the original worlds in-between.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards

Ridiculous?! Ridiculous is to believe fans won't compare KH3 to its prequels.

The numbered titles being about Sora/Donald/Goofy don't invalidate anything. In KH2 we start as Roxas, play as Mickey in some Boss Battles to revive Sora and as Riku in the final battle to help Sora. Doesn't matter if it's for a short time, those possibilities exist.

According to the leaker there's not such thing in KH3. It's final game of the Saga, it's a PS4 game, there will be a 7 vs 13 War, and we can only play as two Guardians of the Light in the "whole" game.

wolfshadow0118

Maybe the leakers didn't have this occur, but what if mickey will be playable in certain boss fights again?

ZJGamer

Ridiculous?! Ridiculous is to believe fans won't compare KH3 to its prequels.

The numbered titles being about Sora/Donald/Goofy don't invalidate anything. In KH2 we start as Roxas, play as Mickey in some Boss Battles to revive Sora and as Riku in the final battle to help Sora. Doesn't matter if it's for a short time, those possibilities exist.

According to the leaker there's not such thing in KH3. It's final game of the Saga, it's a PS4 game, there will be a 7 vs 13 War, and we can only play as two Guardians of the Light in the "whole" game.

Honestly I never expected all of the Guardians of Light to be playable. I mean I figured Riku was going to be playable due to him and Mickey doing their own thing in the Realm of Darkness. But I just hope that the Guardians of Light are party members who fight alongside Sora and maybe we briefly take control of them during some of the final battles like we did Riku against final Xemnas in KH2. For me that would be enough. However what I really wanted was for the tutorial to have us play as Young Xehanort back in apprentice days going through his Dive to the Heart, that would have been cool.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Here's a example of how I envisioned the War would play out:

Lea vs Isa. Lea becomes playable in this fight.
The fight ends and switches off to Riku. Riku becomes playable .
After his fight, we are back to Sora. Etc...

The 7 Guardians of Light don't need to be all playable, but only 2 for the big finale?! Come on...

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Here's a example of how I envisioned the War would play out:

Lea vs Isa. Lea becomes playable in this fight.
The fight ends and switches off to Riku. Riku becomes playable .
After his fight, we are back to Sora. Etc...

The 7 Guardians of Light don't need to be all playable, but only 2 for the big finale?! Come on...

Based on just the trailers it looks more like the heroes all fail before it all falls to Sora at Scala ad Caelum so it wouldn't make much sense to play as a character and lose a battle. There haven't been any cases of battles you're supposed to lose in KH aside from like Leon but if you win it implies he tired himself out so that's still not really valid.

Beyond

Awards
Can I say something?
This community is really annoying.
I really do not understand what is the problem about Sora and Riku being the only playable characters.
It has perfectly sense for the end of a saga that is about them in first place.
For the BBS trio we had Aqua in 0.2 (we can almost consider 0.2 as a part of KH3).

Sora, Riku and Aqua - the most relevant characters in KH - playable on the next generation console: I think it's perfect and it's right.

Back