• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 and KHx [Chi] Share Keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's been over a year since the last Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer was released. Since then, details have been scarce on the game, except at the North American and Europe Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Launch Events where a private screening of Kingdom Hearts 3 was shown. For those who haven't seen it, Staff Member Zephyr has drawn a recreation of one of the scenes from the video for your viewing pleasure.

The last Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer was shown at D23 Expo in Japan. Gameplay was exclusively shown in this trailer, and it featured a lot of new elements that many fans will enjoy. One of these was Sora's abilities to transform the Keyblade into a different kind of weapon. The example shown was the Keyblade transforming into Dual Weilding Guns.

For over a year, we've all believed that the guns were based off the Oathkeeper keyblade, since the colour scheme looked like a match (here's a picture of the Keyblade for reference). However it has come to our attention that this weapon might not actually be based on the Oathkeeper Keyblade, but rather, it's based on a weapon from the currently Japan-exclusive Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] game!

When you upgrade your Keyblades in Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] the design of the weapon changes. The third form for the starter Keyblade, the Starlight, closely resembles the guns shown above.

The colour scheme matches the guns much more than the Oathkeeper did. You can also see the Keychains are the same, as well as the star with the three points from the Keyblade are also on the gun.

It is highly likely that Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] will have a major impact on Kingdom Hearts 3, since the Book of Prophecies has been introduced into the mainline games with the Re:Coded HD cinematics, as well as other various plot points connecting the two games together. And now it appears that gameplay will be interlinked as well, since there's a high chance Keyblades will be linked between the two games.

Every day, Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] and Kingdom Hearts 3 are becoming more and more interlaced with each other, and now we're encouraging fans to show Square Enix that there is support for a localised version of Kingdom Hearts x[Chi] so fans across the world can fully understand the game. You can help by using the hashtag #ChiToTheWest on Twitter and Facebook to show your support for the game!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm kind of kicking myself for not realizing it earlier to be honest. That Keyblade was added to the game in like, June.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm kind of kicking myself for not realizing it earlier to be honest. That Keyblade was added to the game in like, June.
It's okay, we all make mistakes sometimes ;)

Narxus

Holy crap, that is awesome. It would be really cool to wield the fully upgraded Starlight in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Yeah they do look very similar, the keychain and the star design is prevalent. The slight differences that are between the guns and the Starlight keyblade could be explained by Sora owning the most upgraded version of keyblade. I haven't gotten the gist of chi yet, because of obvious reasons, but maybe the Starlight keyblade's final upgradable form will have more aquamarine color and solid gold chain links which would pretty much match Sora's guns and its keyblade form. I hope that makes sense because its hard to explain lol. I want chi here now!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
And with KHX ramping up in yesterday's update, this is a good time to make noise where Square Enix can hear it!

Sdog

Awards
O wow. It's cool that things like this can be found a year and a half after the trailer has been released. But makes me wonder if there's anything else that could've been missed.

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
I knew it looked familiar to a certain keyblade. I just wonder how the Kingdom Key can turn into that, but both the kingdom key and starlight to share similar features. Maybe you could have the chance to use a 2nd keychain during battle for certain weapons.

I do hope SE can localize Chi in some way. I'm enjoying the game, but I still don't know whats going on, then again the story hasn't really fleshed out that much yet.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This gives me hope for more things from Chi to be remade into 3D and put into Kingdom Hearts 3.... like Chirithy.

mittens

Greeeeat. More chi stuff.

I think it would be great if we were all able to actually play chi... and my Japanese isn't better than middle school so there's just no hope for me until when/if Chi is given a western release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back