• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2D: Dream/Draw

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Audo goaded me into thinking about a KH fangame that's essentially a Paper Mario-esque side scroller taking place in Namine's sketch pad.

I wish I had the time to make such a game:

tyrLWTl.png

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Wow tinny this is really freaking cool

Lmk if you need a writer

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
tumblr_odub2z4nli1qzjvqgo1_500.png

tumblr_odu81erG071qzjvqgo2_540.png

tumblr_odu81erG071qzjvqgo3_540.png

tumblr_odu81erG071qzjvqgo4_540.png

tumblr_odu81erG071qzjvqgo5_540.png

Yaaay

Now. Having posted that, I appreciate people wanting to get involved! Though, again, this isn't an actual game. I mean, maybe with the right team it could be, when I have the time to devote to such a thing. I wouldn't be against it. Until that day comes, I'm just having fun doing concept art.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The concept art is absolutely breathtaking. This is meant for a game? :O I would wanna play it for the visual art alone because, it's so beautiful and pretty. I love the first picture you posted. And Namine is freaking adorable. She's so cute. And I found it pretty hilarious how every character thus far says, "I'll keep you safe until you wake. Forever if I have to." It fits all of them so well.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The concept art is absolutely breathtaking. This is meant for a game? :O I would wanna play it for the visual art alone because, it's so beautiful and pretty. I love the first picture you posted. And Namine is freaking adorable. She's so cute. And I found it pretty hilarious how every character thus far says, "I'll keep you safe until you wake. Forever if I have to." It fits all of them so well.

Thank you!

It's just a fun "What if" I'm so tempted to look into making something, but to develop a full game. Mmm. I'm not sure if I'd want to dedicate the time to something I don't own outright, you know? Maybe once the winter holidays roll around.

Anyway, here's the pause menu that shows off the battle mechanic. Similar to UX, but instead of a deck or medals, Namine implements Disney-based paint swatches on a palette to change her environment and battle enemies.

tumblr_odw2dro5X01qzjvqgo1_1280.png

TheKeybasHKey

Awards
Oh my I love this, I like the style and the concept. This is totally like Paper Mario but with Kingdom Hearts instend, very creative with the concept art.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh man, the ones with Vincent, Aqua and Ventus and Sora and Namine.... you know how to hit to the feels. And I loved how you used a static/distorted screen to transit from Vincent to KH's own characters in a similar situation. That is very KH-like to me.

voltage

Thank you!

It's just a fun "What if" I'm so tempted to look into making something, but to develop a full game. Mmm. I'm not sure if I'd want to dedicate the time to something I don't own outright, you know? Maybe once the winter holidays roll around.
I would suggest taking this concept and creating your own IP with it. I'm a testament that developers will jump at the chance at working with you. Your art is gorgeous. There's a whole group of developers on facebook you should check out. 60,000 of them. Show off your art and you're bound to get noticed. Just type indie game devs, you'll find it.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really like the art work you did here because, it reminds me of when the post cards I got years back from the release of Re:CoM. <3 The cartoony art of everyone is really adorable and cute. I'd love to play Kingdom Hearts game that's made into go-karts like Mario Kart. That'd be so much fun. <3 And Namine holding the Chirithy is super cute. I like all of the concept art you've made thus far. And it's really cool seeing the Pause Menu you made too! Although, your avatar and signature are also my favorite things to look at too. <3

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I really like the art work you did here because, it reminds me of when the post cards I got years back from the release of Re:CoM. <3 The cartoony art of everyone is really adorable and cute. I'd love to play Kingdom Hearts game that's made into go-karts like Mario Kart. That'd be so much fun. <3 And Namine holding the Chirithy is super cute. I like all of the concept art you've made thus far. And it's really cool seeing the Pause Menu you made too! Although, your avatar and signature are also my favorite things to look at too. <3

Aw thank you so much! I'm having a lot of fun doing VisDev for this.

I like seeing Maleficent in the background, she looks so ominous.
I'm happy with how she came out too! Thank you.

Here are some new pieces, a Robin Hood world and a new world called Spire City.

tumblr_oe6xficYNE1qzjvqgo1_540.png

tumblr_oe6xficYNE1qzjvqgo2_540.png

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Spire City looks really pretty and colorful. I really like the planet and stars, cause it really brings it together! The mosaic parts of what looks like buildings is really beautiful too. <3 I like colorful worlds a lot. And I imagine in Robin Hood's world, those two characters at the bottom would be summons? Or would they become party members too? I think its neat seeing that world be featured too! :D Oh and you're welcome. I like seeing what you're making!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Spire City looks really pretty and colorful. I really like the planet and stars, cause it really brings it together! The mosaic parts of what looks like buildings is really beautiful too. <3 I like colorful worlds a lot.
Thank you! The idea is kind of like Dive to the Heart, but instead of a single pillar it's an entire world of stained glass. I was also inspired by some old KH concept art: http://images.khinsider.com/Kingdom Hearts/Kingdom Hearts 1 Artwork/Concept Art/Worlds/world06.jpg

And I imagine in Robin Hood's world, those two characters at the bottom would be summons? Or would they become party members too? I think its neat seeing that world be featured too! :D Oh and you're welcome. I like seeing what you're making!
It's kind of like a mix between the medal system from Unchained X and the D-Link system from BBS where each swatch allows Namine to channel the power of a character. In the earlier screenshots there's a concept of Namine using a swatch of the three good fairies and that allows her to summon a rainbow bridge like the fairies do in the movie.

Here, she's using Merida's swatch to turn her supplies into an arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back