• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 20th anniversary trailer + event announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
No way, another character of colour who isn't Xehanort?! well, better late than never.

Whoever the brown character is, I'm already a loyal fan. Let's hope he sticks around for Phase 2.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
OK, Square. Just 1 proper action RPG entry on Switch that's actually native. I've been waiting 5 years (since Switch's original reveal) for KH games on the damn thing & what I get is a rhythm game & cloud streaming nonsense. Take that Unity engine & all those assets you made for MoM & at least crap out another CoM/Coded-scale game with them or something.

EDIT: Or a Warriors game from Omega Force, I guess I could accept that as close enough.

okhi12

Awards
If they were going to be so vague about it they could have said it sooner but I'm glad we have a new deadline for Dark Road. I'm very intrigued about those new characters.

I don't care about smash and I'm very disappointed about the cloud versions of the games for the switch. I can understand 0.2 and KH3 but 1.5+2.5 and Dream Drop Distance HD should have a normal release. The switch can handle those games, they're just being lazy... but I guess it's still a good thing for people who only own a switch and couldn't enjoy the games before. It's better than nothing.

I can't wait to know the new projects that will be announced next year!

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If I were rich I'd totally buy that $600 chess board set even though I don't know how to play chess.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
WHERE IS MY CHESS SET PRE-ORDER

edit: It's called Alba & Ater? I wonder if it'll actually have rules so we can play it

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

edit: It's called Alba & Ater? I wonder if it'll actually have rules so we can play it
For those who didn’t know (like me until looking it up,) that translates to White & Black. Lol

KingdomKurdistan

Awards

Is it going to be a replica of the set in KH3 or just a KH-themed chess set? Because I see eight pawn-like white pieces at the back which is already too many without considering the others.

I'd be disappointed if they make it a chess set where the tiles are diagonal and would be totally impractical to play. I'd rather an accurate replica of the game Eraqus and Xehanort are playing.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Here's the store listing. No rules included so it's just decorative, but you can always make up your own rules.

Is it going to be a replica of the set in KH3 or just a KH-themed chess set? Because I see eight pawn-like white pieces at the back which is already too many without considering the others.

I'd be disappointed if they make it a chess set where the tiles are diagonal and would be totally impractical to play. I'd rather an accurate replica of the game Eraqus and Xehanort are playing.
It's a replica of the one in the KH3. For what it's worth, SE always specified that it was a "chess-like" game; I think only DR localization mistakenly called it straight-up "chess".

KingdomKurdistan

Awards

Here's the store listing. No rules included so it's just decorative, but you can always make up your own rules.

It's a replica of the one in the KH3. For what it's worth, SE always specified that it was a "chess-like" game; I think only DR localization mistakenly called it straight-up "chess".

Weren't there only seven light pieces in KH3?

There's sixteen in this set. Each side. Looks more like a themed regular chess set to me.

Also, I read back when it was announced last year that the pieces are metal. The site says that's now changed to a plastic polymer.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Weren't there only seven light pieces in KH3?

There's sixteen in this set. Each side. Looks like a themed regular chess set to me.
There were 11 light pieces shown during the initial game, with 7 unique designs representing SRK, Mickey, and TAV. Then the 7 star pieces that show up after the first round with the Demon Tide, giving us a total of 18.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
There were 11 light pieces shown during the initial game, with 7 unique designs representing SRK, Mickey, and TAV. Then the 7 star pieces that show up after the first round with the Demon Tide, giving us a total of 18.

But there's 16 here, right? So mismatch either way.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I wanted that chess set more than anything, my buddy and I love to play chess together. Note "wanted" until I learned it's not actually chess and it's $700. Yikes.

My only other disappointment is all of the KH games being relegated to cloud versions. I understand with KH3, but man, 1.5+2.5, really? I'm not even disappointed for me, I'm disappointed because the same buddy I mentioned above that I play chess with, well I don't know anyone who wanted KH on Switch more than him. But he lives in the boonies with internet that's so slow he can't even watch Netflix on it, so people like him are being left in the dust when the Switch is more than capable of running those early collections outside of cloud streaming and it's a real shame.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But there's 16 here, right? So mismatch either way.
Not sure what point you're trying to make. It's a game based on chess so obviously the setup has similarities, but the rules aren't known to us and this piece of merchandise isn't meant to be played.

Anyways, anyone have any guesses who that new piece is supposed to represent here? Third from the right:

1633478835572.png

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Anyways, anyone have any guesses who that new piece is supposed to represent here? Third from the right:

I'm not entirely sure, but it reminds me of the hilt of the keyblade (melded with the teeth) from Riku!Ansem's Keyblade of People's Hearts.

@Oracle Spockanort, let's hope for the best. 😭

Back