• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
I don’t know why, but I really doubt a Switch game is happening.
My bet is KH4 for PS4/5, XBOX Series/One and PC.
I can’t imagine how the Switch would run a game which is also developed to run on the current gen consoles.

And I’m still waiting for KH3.5 with next gen enhancements

Katsagu

Awards
I can’t imagine how the Switch would run a game which is also developed to run on the current gen consoles.

I'm assuming the switch game would be a game that was created specifically for the switch. Like BBS for PSP or DDD for 3DS.

Also...Can we just get to the event already?

give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif

Edit: So I know event starts at 1AM EST, but what are other notable times to keep an eye on apart from that?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Do you think they announce only the next AAA game or would they also tease another game that’s already in development?
We know they're working on two games: KH team's and the mystery team's. It's just a matter of if they're far enough along to show. All of Nomura's recent games have had a very short gap between announcement and release, like less than a year.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm unsure if I'll get any sleep tonight or whatever. I told myself not to get excited but of course I am. I don't even know what I'm excited for. A new game, new merch, something, anything. I stand by what I said about the mobile game. If that's the big announcement then I have my bag of popcorn waiting.

Honestly I think I just miss waiting for a confirmed KH game. I guess it's part of the fun of speculation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Strangely I can't say that I'm too excited these days about KH games.

So much to do otherwise in RL and one crisis being heaped upon the other including constantly rising prices and inflation video games have become quite less of a priority nowadays.

I still haven't even completed KH III yet nor any money in the bank to think about getting a PS5.

While I still love KH and most of its characters as a franchise I do find myself rather detached and indifferent when it comes to the actual games themselves.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
To be honest when I care to look at twitter I see the exact opposite. Either we're both right or we're both wrong and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure many people on *this* site were outright slanderous though. Anyway, let's just put a pin in it and agree to disagree.
Yeah, you're right. These things are subjective at the end of the day. We all want the new Kingdom Hearts game already!

Nomura please hurry up and release KH4 so everyone can say it's the worst game they ever played and it's utter trash. We must restart the cycle.

1134767.jpg
I think people are going to be kinder to Kingdom Hearts IV because we really don't know what to expect this time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm reserving my excitement. It's so cool to think that we're finally going to get back on the hype train for the series, especially after everything that's happened in the real world since ReMIND got released.

I'm hopping on here as soon as I wake up on Sunday, since the event should be over. I'm just worried that no one reveals anything from the event and we get nothing.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
While I know it won’t happen, I’d love for this to go as hard as the Dragon Quest anniversary event last year where they announced a bunch of side projects on top of DQ12.

But realistically, I think one new game announcement and a Dark Road release date. If there’s another small release coming out later this year like Melody of Memory, that would be a nice extra surprise.

I'm assuming the switch game would be a game that was created specifically for the switch. Like BBS for PSP or DDD for 3DS.

Also...Can we just get to the event already?

give-me-give-it-to-me-now.gif

Edit: So I know event starts at 1AM EST, but what are other notable times to keep an eye on apart from that?

Here’s the schedule again since it’s buried a bit now. The stage event begins at 4am EST.

13:30 - Reception desk opens
14:00 - Doors open
14:00 ~ 17:00 - Guests shuffle through the exhibition and cafe in designated groups
17:00 - Stage event begins
20:00 - Event ends

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Alright everynobody, get your bingo cards ready!

JXuKmlE.png

*A multiple character game like BBS counts as a Kairi game if she still has a full length campaign.
**Speedstorm, Melee Mania, or any other Disney crossover game counts for the Sorcerer's Arena space.
***Why yes, I did put "Nomura No Shows" in the Free Space spot on purpose!

Eh? We have MoM as a reference point: make a game around the Switch's specs & scale upwards for PS4/5/XB versions. Granted, a lot of game companies tend to port downwards instead & Switch does support UE4, so maybe Square'll just be more mindful of it?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm reserving my excitement. It's so cool to think that we're finally going to get back on the hype train for the series, especially after everything that's happened in the real world since ReMIND got released.

I'm hopping on here as soon as I wake up on Sunday, since the event should be over. I'm just worried that no one reveals anything from the event and we get nothing.
I should do the same...but I cannot! Getting excited and the disappointment is part of the chaotic fun!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I should do the same...but I cannot! Getting excited and the disappointment is part of the chaotic fun!
I guess I should be getting my body ready for the hype train, as it's leaving the station tomorrow.

I didn't see anyone mention this, but would free MoM DLC be possible?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
If Melody of Memory is in some sort of 3.5 pack, I feel like they might add a song or two.

The suspense is killing me, I have a feeling everyone's predictions are going to be wrong

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If Melody of Memory is in some sort of 3.5 pack, I feel like they might add a song or two.

The suspense is killing me, I have a feeling everyone's predictions are going to be wrong
Watch Nomura only reveal concept art for KH3 and ask everyone to "please be patient".

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I guess I should be getting my body ready for the hype train, as it's leaving the station tomorrow.

I didn't see anyone mention this, but would free MoM DLC be possible?
DLC? Yes. Free? No. I could see them adding a new team with Kairi (Lea & Pluto maybe?), some UX songs, & at least 1 more boss.

Back