• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
and yet, there's an embargo against showing anybody a picture of said keychain until April. if the keychain wasn't a big deal, they would not have an embargo at all.
It’s nothing, though. The key chain is just modeled after the concept art where the chain is blue on the back.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[strawgrasping]
Oathkeeper, a keyblade originally based on Kairi, with a "blue paopu fruit".

aqua-charms-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-9336613-480-272.jpg

& Kairi is training under Aqua.... 🤔

OMG, KAIRI GETTING HER OWN GAME WHERE SHE GETS A NEW KEYBLADE!!!1!uno!!

[/strawgrasping]

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I can't wait for the celebration with new cutscenes placed randomly that are highly integral to the KH story as a whole
I feel like what's likely to happen is that there'll be a short script voiced by a voice actor or two. Remember the Namine & Terra conversation?

maximumlight8

Awards
There's a photo floating around of the oathkeeper keyblade. Pretty interesting, not sure what to make of it though.

Chie

Awards
"The concert had lore" is something I see repeated a lot but supplemental drama CDs are a big thing in japan and they're almost never important. The terra and namine convo is exactly the kind of trivial thing that would appear on one of those. I don't think this will change. I'd respect it if it was an enormous stunt, though.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
[strawgrasping]
Oathkeeper, a keyblade originally based on Kairi, with a "blue paopu fruit".

aqua-charms-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-9336613-480-272.jpg

& Kairi is training under Aqua.... 🤔

OMG, KAIRI GETTING HER OWN GAME WHERE SHE GETS A NEW KEYBLADE!!!1!uno!!

[/strawgrasping]
I'd actually be down for Kairi getting a faintly blue Oathkeeper with a Aqua made Wayfinder as the keychain.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's a photo floating around of the oathkeeper keyblade. Pretty interesting, not sure what to make of it though.
Nothing, because it is absolutely nothing. They looked at a piece of concept art and used the blue backside of the charm for the whole thing rather than the front pink/yellow side.

Awards
*kicks door down*

What's hilarious about all this is that when I saw a picture of the hotel Oathkeeper thanks to some japanese auction shit, the charm everyone made a big deal about....is legit just a solid blue object with no detail and a gold ball in the center.

That along with how the hotel event ends on the 27th of April rather than the 10th like what a bunch of people believe, is just makin' me think that this fanbase ignores basic logic for theory crafting like that time during the early days after KH3's release where there were theories about "the third heart" inside Sora when it was obviously Xion but instead these fuckin' guys went "WAHT EEF IT'S EFFEMMURR"

But with this hotel shit, it's gotten reported on by news outlets and is once again another hit to the series rep because people are so friggin' lost in the preconceptions that rose up in the post-KH2 landscape about how Nomura is a crazy guy who would d e f i n i t e l y make a stupid hotel room canon when in actuality I doubt he had much input in this cuz he's busy actually working on the next game.

Edit: And now I just saw the resetera thread where chaser tried explaining that there is no lore importance, and people didn't bother listenin'.

I feel bad for Chaser and Nomura.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The Oathkeeper keychain being blue is such an annoying story for me. It really shows how some fans/gaming news sources have become sort of toxic towards KH. A lot of people are commenting about how Nomura is using that hotel event to hide clues about something and how this is why the series is a mess because important things are scattered everywhere.

The blue keychain for Oathkeeper was seen in artwork for CoM, Days, and re:Coded. It's not hard to imagine that someone just assumed both sides were blue. It's not like Nomura oversaw every little detail that went into making a hotel room. They probably asked for an Oathkeeper design and they were provided the artwork that had the keychain blue.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Edit: And now I just saw the resetera thread where chaser tried explaining that there is no lore importance, and people didn't bother listenin'.

I feel bad for Chaser and Nomura.
🥺

What really annoyed me about this whole thing is how much KH and fans are treated as a joke on websites like that. So when something like this comes around, where there's actually nothing lore-wise going on, and people run with mocking the series and fans even more it just really grinds my gears.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I want more KH games but I also want good staff working on them.

An announcement I would love this franchise to have would be getting a new co-director, cutscene director and writer to help Nomura. I'm not convinced about Tai Yasue and Masaru Oka.

On a side note Mitsunori Takahashi (KH2 battle lead planner) is only credited to have worked in the prototype game design from FF7 Remake, so maybe he already returned in ReMind and here's here to stay?! I hope so.

What really annoyed me about this whole thing is how much KH and fans are treated as a joke on websites like that. So when something like this comes around, where there's actually nothing lore-wise going on, and people run with mocking the series and fans even more it just really grinds my gears.

Years ago i realized those bigger forums only work for me if I'm a lurker. I rather interact in sites like these dedicated to a franchise I love with other fans, than dealing with that crap.

Last edited:

SuperNova

Awards
KH being a giant laughing stock in the realm of gaming is nothing new. It's like trying to herd cats, nearly impossible and if you try, another hyperactive theorist cat escapes and starts to hype up what Nomura had for breakfast because Nomura.

Awards
What makes this worse is that apparently the Oathkeeper really isn't the secret item.

" Each room comes with two Keyblades (with their own special box). You’ll also get two special souvenir postcards to keep too. In each room is a treasure chest containing a secret item."

Meaning this whole BS is literally based on nothing but assumptions regarding a thing that isn't even the actual secret thing.

...man, we really are a joke.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It's so like this fandom to misconstrue so much as a raindrop to mean a tertiary character is about to suddenly become the star of the series after 20 years of nada. Disney just released the Rescue Rangers show on Blu-ray, surely the next KH game will be of Chip n Dale getting Keyblades and hunting for Gummis!!

Back