• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 Mistranslations

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
"How I hate thee so."

Search button said no results close enough to this, so here we go.

We all know the infamous "Why did he choose you?!".
Looking at the Secret Ansem Reports, my eyes mildly bleed from the over usage of periods, which clearly indicate their obvious lack of care towards putting the translation into logical, humane structure as opposed to simply throwing words into English.
And don't even get me started on the possible plot holes some of the rest of the SARs present.

So how about it? What else of the KH2 would be translation pissed you off the most?

Almagest

After Hayner, Pence, and Olette tell Roxas that everyone is getting together to search the town, Roxas says, "All that for me? I'll go get some ice cream."

o_O

It kind of makes sense after you think about it, but something got lost in translation.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Oh my gosh, in one of the Ansem Reports: Blaig, Dilin, Even, Eleus, and Ienzo

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
^That bugged me, too. Did nobody bother to check? Or do there research.
There's a certain amount of care and thought that has to be put into these things.

They put so much effort into useless editing, that the true core became half-arsed. :/

Last edited:

Qarx

^That bugged me, too. Did nobody bother to check? Or do there research.
There's a certain amount of care and thought that has to be put into these things.

They put so much effort into useless editing, that the true core became half-arsed. :/
Just be glad 4Kids doesn't edit games.

I just finished watching a bunch of videos where this guy explains why 4Kids sucked at editing One Piece.

DaisyDuck

Square's pretty infamous for their games, FF in particular, being riddled with mistranslations. It's almost part of the game to pick them out.

A

Audo

Should be Aeleus. Eleus they put it as.
In regards to the above post.

And i know this could be nitpicky, but, the over use of periods in the translated SAR could be intended, if that was Ansem's writing style.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm completely lost at these 'mistranslations' now I'm trying to get all the information on these things together. I'm glad you brought this up for people who didn't know about it because it seems pretty important.

Clowde

Mistranslations are geih. Seriously. Square Enix should put more effort into translations.

Cissy

Bronze Member
The typos, the mistranslations, you name it.

Really, any sort of mistake naturally annoyed me, but usually it was the odd censors that bugged me the most.

A

Audo

Well, in their defence, they WERE trying to get the game out as fast as possible (3 months) so that the North American players could get it ASAP. So... they did it for you <3

Qarx

Well, in their defence, they WERE trying to get the game out as fast as possible (3 months) so that the North American players could get it ASAP. So... they did it for you <3

That reminds me... the game basically says it was finished in 2005, but we didn't get it till 2006 (or was it 2006, but we got it in 2007?) in April.
Japan got it in December, and we got it in April... but at least that wasn't a huge jump.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
My most hated mistranslation were the Org. Names too.

Also, we Europeans were worse off, we had to wait untill October, while it was basically the american version for my country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back