• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 issues?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas yomi

First sometimes when during batttle, I start walking and going slow which makes it hard to fight. I am on the first visit to land of dragons and I keep getting killed by the heartless in the cave, I am level 12 now and playing on proud mode, what tips would you suggest here

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Kingdom hearts 2 issues?

You got to level up some more. That's usually one of the hardest battles in the game.

Vanitas yomi

yeah but right now the combat feels sluggish too and like sometimes when I run, I stop and start walking slowly is this a glitch?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

Are you tilting the left analog stick all the way? Because if you do it half way Sora will just walk slowly instead.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

If you are tilting the stick all the way, it may be a controller issue. Do you have another controller you could test, or a friend's system you try to play KH2 on?

Xelon99

Awards

Are you literally walking instead of running or is the screen showing you run, but you barely move? It could be either a controller defect or a framerate issue (overheating perhaps?)

Check if your console is able to ventilate properly. Don't put it against a wall, don't put it in a closed environment and it's best not to store it vertically. Also try to test some other controllers, maybe a friends or simply buy a new one.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I guess another good question would be: are other games working?

Vanitas yomi

and I have seen gameplay online and it seems fast paced right now it seems kinda slow to me, will this change?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

and I have seen gameplay online and it seems fast paced right now it seems kinda slow to me, will this change?

Yes, Kingdom Hearts 2 starts off fairly slow, at least in terms of pacing.

Last edited:

Vanitas yomi

but also I'm in port royal and having trouble with pirates and the medallion, I am level 21. I need to level up, what world would be the best to level up in?

Xelon99

Awards

but also I'm in port royal and having trouble with pirates and the medallion, I am level 21. I need to level up, what world would be the best to level up in?
The best world to level up in is always the world you're in at the moment or the previous world. You always want to tackle the strongest enemies to catch the most exp possible. It'll take a while for sure though.

I suppose useful ways for this are to put your team on regular attacking because if they kill an enemy, you get the exp as well. Basic stuff. Keep an eye on your MP to cast Cure and simply kill as many regular enemies as possible. Figure out a safe path with at least 2 areas in between each other to keep the enemies spawning.

For Port Royal, you want to make the loop of Rampart > Harbor > Town > Rampart > Harbor > Town. This way you'll always have enemies spawning in the Town, which mainly are Shadows, Soldiers and Cannon Guns. They're not hard to take down and you'll level easily from them.

Also, don't forget that pirates are very weak against Magic. It doesn't only do major damage, it also disables them from attacking for a few seconds. But still only in the light.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Hold on, if this is their first trip to Port Royal, are they able to go back to the town to complete that loop? I can't remember how it works at any given moment. They may be locked in place by the plot. If that's the case, they may have to go back to Timeless River.

If you do have to go back to Timeless River, just go in a loop through the curtain-worlds. Cornerstone Hill, Mickey's House, Scene of the Fire, Lilliput, Construction Site, Cornerstone Hill. It's a good route for training Wisdom Form, while you're at it.

By the way, do you know you can use magic to manipulate the cursed pirates, even if they're in the shade, at least a little? Thunder will stun them, Fire will force them to move (to get them out of the shade) and Blizzard will freeze them (very handy if they're in the light!). Once they're in the light, the pirates are also weak against magic so it's not a bad strategy overall.

Xelon99

Awards

Hold on, if this is their first trip to Port Royal, are they able to go back to the town to complete that loop? I can't remember how it works at any given moment. They may be locked in place by the plot. If that's the case, they may have to go back to Timeless River.

If you do have to go back to Timeless River, just go in a loop through the curtain-worlds. Cornerstone Hill, Mickey's House, Scene of the Fire, Lilliput, Construction Site, Cornerstone Hill. It's a good route for training Wisdom Form, while you're at it.

By the way, do you know you can use magic to manipulate the cursed pirates, even if they're in the shade, at least a little? Thunder will stun them, Fire will force them to move (to get them out of the shade) and Blizzard will freeze them (very handy if they're in the light!). Once they're in the light, the pirates are also weak against magic so it's not a bad strategy overall.

If I understand it right, it's at the cutscene before your first time on Isla de Muerta, where you have to get rid of the explosive barrels first, then protect the medallion on the ship. If I'm right you wont be locked in place then just yet.

But if that indeed is the case, Timeless River is the best shot. While the enemies are surprisingly hard to deal with in some rooms, it's a good place to train quite fast.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

If I understand it right, it's at the cutscene before your first time on Isla de Muerta, where you have to get rid of the explosive barrels first, then protect the medallion on the ship. If I'm right you wont be locked in place then just yet.

Ah, yes, that's the part. You've got a handle on it, I'm sure you're right. And you're right in that the Timeless River enemies can be tough, so all the better (Cursed Pirates are worth a lot of EXP, too).

Last edited:

Vanitas yomi

oh ok thanks we are level 23 on our first visit, would level 24 be enough in port royal?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

oh ok thanks we are level 23 on our first visit, would level 24 be enough in port royal?

If you go the map screen and get near a world, you'll notice that each world has a "Battle Level" written in the banner at the top of the screen. That battle level is the level you're expected to be at when you start the plot, though you can easily be a few levels short without too much trouble. The Battle Level of Port Royal is 20, so you'll probably be just fine at Level 24.

The real trick to Port Royal is learning how to deal with the pirates, you can't just mash your way through like you can the rest of the game.

Xelon99

Awards

Seeing how it's a level 20 world, you'll be perfectly fine in terms of defense and strength. To survive the Pirates easily, be sure to utilize the Reaction Command whenever it appears. This either helps you defend against the ranged attacks, which I believe can only be blocked by Reflect otherwise, or it lets you both evade and attack one pirate for massive damage.

Personally I find it easiest to destroy them with Thunder. This way you'll keep a good distance between you and them, are sure to hit and do massive damage all at once.

Vanitas yomi

anyone know how to beat the prison keeper heartless, when it does those fireballs, I can't hit them back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back