• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 is now a Greatest Hit.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TepidShark

Awards
In case you didn't know it. Here is a link: Ebames.com

Originally, I thought that your game had to be on the market for a year and a half before it could get Greatest Hits status, but I was wrong I looked it up and it only has to be on the market for 9 months and then it can get Greatest Hits status. Third partys don't have to stick with the $20 price and don't have to make it a greatest hit at the point they hit 9 months. So I guess Square Enix wanted to make all the money they could off Kingdom Hearts 2 and just now making it a Greatest Hit.

However, while this gets rid of the idea of KH2FM+ being the one and only Greatest Hits version like Devil May Cry 3's Special Edition, it does not get rid of the idea of it being released on Greatest Hits. Sega's Virtua Fighter 4 became a Greatest Hit in 2002 and in 2003 Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution(and IGN in their review said they were amazed it came here so suprises in re-releases can happen) was released only on Greatest Hits, so KH2FM+ could apply this same idea. And for those of you who think that Square Enix would make it a greatest hit because they wouldn't charge a small price for it because it is 2 games, here is something to consider. When they bundled GTA 3 and GTA:Vice City together in the GTA: Double Pack under Greatest Hits they charged $40 for it: IGN: Grand Theft Auto Double Pack Review. So, Square Enix could easily put the KH2FM+ as a only Greatest Hit, and get away with charging $40 because that would be equal to two Greatest Hits priced games, because it does have two games.

Oh, and just in case you are wondering the Greatest Hits line is only done in America. Though in PAL regions Sony uses the platinum range as an equalivant to the Greatest Hits, but as far as I know there is nothing done by Sony in Japan that is the equalivant to the Greatest Hits.

Last edited:

Soraox

im not surprise its a greatest hit i havent seen in ebgames but its been out for a year now so no surprise

TepidShark

Awards
No. Because KH2FM+ would be a completely new product, and has to be on the line for 9 months. Remember, it's not KH2.

I don't know about that. I listed Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, which is a revision of Virtua Fighter 4, as being released only as a Greatest Hits title (Virtua Fighter 4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) even though the original Virtua Fighter 4 had already been put as a Greatest Hits title a year before that. KH2FM at least follows the same idea as Virtua Fighter 4 in that I believe since it is a revision of KH2 so they could release it only as a Greatest Hit. However, I don't know if the fact that they are including Re:CoM would be a reason for it not to be ok to release it only as a Greatest Hit. But I think if they are calling the set the Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+(which I think they would), I think they could convince Sony to let them release them as only a Greatest Hit.

TepidShark

Awards
That's how I felt when I got KH1 with the red label, since I got my PS2 late.

I'm lucky this time around though. :3

Yeah, it sucks and it would suck if KH2FM+ was only released as a Greatest Hit. But the reality is you are buying the game for the content and not the box. So, the Greatest Hits label doesn't really bother me much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back