• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 goes platinum

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_One

Kh2 has already sold a million copies in japan the article is at ign.com if you wish to see it

Valeth

Theres no possible way i would have known this would happen, no way (sarcasm if you have no mind). Well thats put in the record book i'd assume.

FATE

Awards
BunnyCupCakes said:
KH3 any1....?........KH2 selled good so.......the results are great
i was just about to mention that.:)

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star

BunnyCupCakes said:
KH3 any1....?........KH2 selled good so.......the results are great. And that's ONLY in Japan.

Teh, just wait when KH2 is released around the world.

and when it does...PLAY TIME! anyways, it's good that kh2 sells good...and that is sign of KH3! another 3 years waiting...

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Could you provide a link? I can't find the article when I go to the news section for Kingdom hearts 2. Nevermind I found it...

Kingdom Hearts 2 Goes Platinum
Three days to a million.

The DS isn't the only hot item in the Japanese game market right now. Square Enix announced today that over a period of three days, shipments for Kingdom Hearts II have crossed the one million mark. The game hit Japanese retail on 12/22.

While this number is impressive, it's worth noting that Japan's two favorite series, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, tend to do double that in their first day or two at retail. However, we're sure Square Enix is pleased, considering that the first release of the original Kingdom Hearts didn't even cross the million mark in Japan.

Square Enix expects Kingdom Hearts II to reach the ten million mark in worldwide sales.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/678/678247p1.html

Last edited:

PassionRiku

Awards
I heard there will be a KH 3. Its obvious if you watch the ending of KH II, there could be another game comming our way.

Mike-sama

I think too there is a Part 3 ^_^.

I bought KH2 in Japan and the end is so open. There can be a Part 3.

Now I wait for a Europe Version, because my Japanese wasn´t so good that I understood everything. Many things I don´t understood -_-.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
They shouldn't compare KH to longrunning series like DQ and FF. Still a good number, too bad it took 3 day to reach a million, I was hoping a mil on the first XD

Ayden

Website
profile.myspace.com
Tidus90 said:

and when it does...PLAY TIME! anyways, it's good that kh2 sells good...and that is sign of KH3! another 3 years waiting...

IT probably won't take that long this time, Kh2 took a long time to make because Square is making FF:Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, FF12, and KH2. Hopefuly When they start KH3 they'll have less projects to work on.

B

bettermanlamia

wow....it went PLATINUM!! and i was part of it!:D i bought a copy:D its really awesome

keyt

..too bad we wont know what the end-game letter says till kh4 at least...

or it could be time lapsed like deep dive then continue kh2

surfer1593

who ever already has KH2 you are lucky to live where all the acton is. Ps platinum sweet when it's sweeped worldwide those numbers will easily double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back