• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix Scenes in English!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Thanks a lot for these scenes, Chaser!

And yeah, Jesse's really good. Axel's tear always brings a tear to my eye in that scene, but Jesse's delivery in that scene was perfect :3

Antar

Awards
I think Xaldin's VA sounded pretty bad...that's just me.

No way! I really like his voice actor, his voice has character and it's not just a generic voice. It really fits his role, too. He is supposed to be a calm and ruthless Chinese general sort of guy.

axel95

Awards
Thank you for the scenes Chaser! I wanted to save these for the English release, but I ended up watching them all. I almost made it a full day, which is way longer than I thought I would. Some of the translations are awkward, but I loved seeing these in English. And Jesse is an absolutely terrific voice actor.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
No way! I really like his voice actor, his voice has character and it's not just a generic voice. It really fits his role, too. He is supposed to be a calm and ruthless Chinese general sort of guy.

I like his voice actor too. It's an interesting voice that is very distinct from the other Organization members.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Kudos to you, Chaser. This is freaking awesome!

I gotta say that the "Goodbye...Buddy" cutscene really tugged at the old heartstrings (and we can actually see the tears in HD now).

"The Chamber of Repose" also had what was quite possibly the best performances that James Patrick Stuart, Derek Stephan Prince and Vincent Corazza did for Xigbar, Vexen and Zexion respectively.

On that note, I think I can safely say that everyone sounds fantastic in this dub, even Xaldin despite sounding a little off.

On yet another note, did anyone notice that in that last cutscene at the beginning, Sora actually sounded older for the first time in a very long time?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are so many hints and connections to KH3D that really would have been nice to have in English back in 2007 ;~;

WhinyAcademic

Awards
After all these years… Oh, happy day.

The "Thank Namine" scene kinda feels forced in there, though. Hello, big battle with Xemnas? At least Riku tells Sora as much, "once we're done here, you can thank her all you want!" Aw well.

Xagzan

Awards
Seriously though, the Org theme sounds much closer now to Another Side than before. Great job Shimomura.

Kevin Perez

Well, KHII had some rather awkward translations to being with, so maybe they did intentionally made the Final Mix scenes awkward to keep consistency!

XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back