• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final mix (on critical)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

So i've had Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix quite a while now, and i've done most of the things that i wanted to do like fighting and beating all of the Absent Sillheouts (i know i spelled that wrong lol) watching the extra cutscenes defeating mushrooms oh and fighting terra. One thing i have yet do to is play the game on Critical mode and i wanted to know if anyone who has played Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (especially on Critical) would have any Advice for me?

Last edited:

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So i've had Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix quite a while now, and i've done most of the things that i wanted to do like fighting and beating all of the Absent Sillheouts (i know i spelled that wrong lol) watching the extra cutscenes defeating mushrooms oh and fighting terra. One thing i have yet do to is play the game on Critical mode and i wanted to know if anyone who has played Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (especially on Critical) would have any Advice for me?

My advice is that you should have done Critical in the first place! Critical mode is a HUGE blast! It made KH2 almost a completely different game, in a great way. I beat Critical once doing all of the sidequests and optional fights, and I beat the story again on Critical only that time it was the infamous level 1 run. I still have yet to defeat every optional boss on the level 1 run though.

If you are good at KH2 anyways, I wouldn't be too worried about a vanilla Critical run. I didn't think that it was that much harder than Proud. The level 1 run was what made me appreciate the difficult.

tl;dr: Start it NAO

Dark Wing

Awards
the only thing i really did differently on critical was, in the early parts of the game, don't hold back on stocking up on potions, cuz your gonna need'em. also in the later parts of the game when you get the magnet splash finisher and negative combo ability (fenrir helps too) abuse the heck out of that. it makes fighting large groups of enemies a joke lol

Gram

Banned
Awards
my advice to you spam reflect, always keep limit form on auto-limit, abuse negative combo ability and fenrir, make sure you have the abilities once more and 2nd chance as soon as you can (at earliest i've got them at levle 50) and for the love of God now matter what you do...respect the hell that is the LS battle @_@

i also make sure to equip goofy's knock smash limit its very helpful and i pretty much only keep one or two of goofy's blue action abilities on and only thunder and blizzard for donald focusing everything else on their green support abilities cause on critical mode they dont usually live long enough to be much use and the support abilities are more useful at least to me.

and another thing dont equip sora's trinity limit ability unless he's solo thats bout the only time its useful.

also use this: GameFAQs: Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix + (PS2) Ability Guide by Freedom-Kona

Knehcs

I still have yet to defeat every optional boss on the level 1 run though.

The Cavern of Remembrance at level 1... I cannot even imagine. I made it to about the third world on my level 1 playthrough before becoming so frustrated that I just had to stop. I've not picked it up since. It might have something to do with the fact that I'd just finished a normal critical mode playthrough with extremely overpowered stats thanks to so many data replica rematches. I could never get enough of those battles. Going from level 99 with everything to level 1 with nothing can be rather painful.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
^and yet, Sora and riku handle it just fine in Dream Drop Distance.

And I meant as characters; not playable characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back