• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 + Birth By sleep = 3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I have this feeling that the gameplay won't be what we think it is. It might have looked flashy and gimmicky in the trailer, but all trailers show flashy and gimmicky gameplay in order to sell the game. Definitely seems like it will be a part of the drop system and it had some kind of speed measure.

My worry for the gameplay is that what we saw is going to be far and few between. I'm scared that the concept we saw (Sora sliding on edges of buildings and Riku jumping off walls) is actually going to be very rare outside of Traverse Town. When they first started the game, SE probably had a great idea to make the environments interactive. However, they first thought of Traverse Town and after they kept making more worlds, they start to utilize the concept less and less. I'm scared that scenario will play out in which case the interactive things will only be a gimmick, not really a type of gameplay.

Nomura said in an interview that the gameplay was very fun, so i can't wait to see some gameplay videos from the booths at tgs :)

Honestly you can't trust Nomura's word here. He would never bash his own game by saying "the gameplay is actually quite boring," you are going to have to wait for an outside impression that is impartial from the start.

k99y77

Awards
Im scared about the cutscenes..
it can't be worse than the random character switching, for example you are buying some items, saving or fighting a boss etc... *pop* you switch to the other character :/

Last edited:

billyzanesucks

it can't be worse than the random character switching, for example you are buy some items, saving or fighting a boss etc... *pop* you switch to the other character :/
I'm actually a little interested in that system. I didn't like how in Birth by Sleep you already had most of the story figured out by the time you finished one scenario. At least this way I can proceed evenly. I doubt you would switch with the game paused and hopefully not in the middle of a boss fight, at least until the end.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm actually a little interested in that system. I didn't like how in Birth by Sleep you already had most of the story figured out by the time you finished one scenario. At least this way I can proceed evenly. I doubt you would switch with the game paused and hopefully not in the middle of a boss fight, at least until the end.

I agree...there has to be some systematic way for the game to change you. It doesn't just do it because it feels like it and I highly doubt there is a random number generator in the game that randomly determine when you switch.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I did feel like BBS was ab it slower, cause of the abilities we were given, but the game was much more organized than KH2.

inverse K-blade7

I'd say BBS was a bit slower. Using Commands wasn't as quick as mashing out a combo in KH2. The one thing I didn't like about BBS's battle system was the lack of emphasis on combos. So seeing a blend of BBS and KH@ would be awesome for me.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Please wut? In BBS you can combo and button mash just as in KH2 by just going with the X-attack.
Only difference: BBS is not so fucking easy as KH2 so you don't always get through with the button mashing.

Several attack commands and command styles also unleash whole combos.
Not to mention in BBS Magic was way better used and could even be chained together, something which was useless and uneccessary in KH2 because except Cure-spells and Reflect Magic was not really needed in KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back