• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2.9 Listed on LinkedIn Profile & Possible New Kingdom Hearts 3 Information

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'm kinda mixed about this. This could be a good thing for those that don't have access to a PS3, but on the other paw, I'm not sure if I want to buy these collections again without something major with it. Especially since I tracked down a new copy of Dream Drop Distance. But we'll see.

I admit as it is I'm saving up for my own PS3 so I can give brother's back (we do have quite a few PS3 games in the house) but that's another story..

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
that at least had meaning. what possible meaning could they give for "2.9" other than that it takes place immediately before 3. and thats ONLY if its the prologue-esque game, not a compilation. your argument is certainly not quite the same
My argument is that silly titles are silly no matter what their reasoning is lol

It doesn't stop being a ridiculous title just because there's a deep in-game meaning to it.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm hoping for file transfer. playing through the games again would make my head hurt and i'd probably ignore them for two years and play ddd hd until my backlog is emptied.

MaxialstarOA

One of two, or this is a well timed leak or this is the game that Square Enix has Secret in it's TGS list of events.

Let's pray.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
My argument is that silly titles are silly no matter what their reasoning is lol
In the very least, "two-point-nine" would be less of a clusterdiddly title than "three-hundred fifty-eight days over two". It took me the longest time to learn that it wasn't "three-hundred fifty-eight divided by two days."

But yeah, reasoning or not, it's a silly title. I'm betting that "2.9" is a placeholder, though.

TinyZo

It doesn't stop being a ridiculous title just because there's a deep in-game meaning to it.

you're right, they could have chosen a different name for 358/2 Days. what, pray tell, could possibly ever be a decent explanation for naming a game "2.9". there is no rational explanation. i mean for christs sake, even <3 would be a better name, a PERFECT name even

Muke

whatever
Awards
Maybe 2.9 is kinda...

DDD HD - Final Mix -

I bet everyone will buy it.
I just know it.
For FM's sake.

TinyZo

the more i think about it, the more i would absolutely be willing to pay large amounts of money to change "2.9" to "<3". Less than Three. a Heart symbol. its perfect, i truly hope they dont pass up on this opportunity. god im getting riled up about it, i cant sit still

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
you're right, they could have chosen a different name for 358/2 Days. what, pray tell, could possibly ever be a decent explanation for naming a game "2.9". there is no rational explanation. i mean for christs sake, even <3 would be a better name, a PERFECT name even

You are aware that I'm jokingly criticizing the Days title in a series notorious for silly titles, right?

No need to get so worked up over nothing.

Muke

whatever
Awards
the more i think about it, the more i would absolutely be willing to pay large amounts of money to change "2.9" to "<3". Less than Three. a Heart symbol.

Haha. That would be kinda awesome!

TinyZo

You are aware that I'm jokingly criticizing the Days title in a series notorious for silly titles, right?

No need to get so worked up over nothing.

im aware that youre patronizing me for simply mentioning that, as you said, in a series notorious for convoluted names, 2.9 vastly outshines them all in the "horrible name" category

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
im aware that youre patronizing me for simply mentioning that, as you said, in a series notorious for convoluted names, 2.9 vastly outshines them all in the "horrible name" category

Well then I apologize since I got the impression that you were offended by my original post.

Haha. That would be kinda awesome!

Reminds me of our Project <3 April Fool's prank 2 years ago lol

April Fools: KINGDOM HEARTS Project <3 Sneak Peek at GDC 2013! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
-prays that bbsv2 will somehow be included in this-

Well, this is exciting stuff. And I'm so, so hyped right now, because as much as I love the Remixes... Well, a part of me's somewhat sad that we haven't gotten any new story content in years (not counting Chi), so this might be just what the doctor ordered for me, personally--whether something new be coming in the form of BbSV2 or a more likely KHIII demo.

Also, if KH3D is to be remade for this, I really hope that NPCs are included. I want to be able to go back to Traverse Town in between the two visits and talk to the TWEWY kids there, dangit!:D

Edit: OMG., TinyZo, I agree with you on that completely! Square should totes do that. Though they might have to ask KHInsider for permission on it, seeing as how they originally did it first. (Kidding.) But wouldn't it be awesome if they did call it "<3", and actually ended up mentioning how they saw a fansite do it as a joke many years beforehand? It would make my life, personally:)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
prays that bbsv2 will somehow be included in this-

Ooh, this would be really cool. Or a DDD HD Final Mix. Bring those new bosses Osaka, or just make is so that Riku`s bosses are re-fightable after you finish the game

Hah hah, this is epic! :D It is fascinating how fast the "news" spread.
Kinda reminds about that Father`s Day gif you guys posted. That was so sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back