• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts 2.9: Echoes of the Past

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS 2.9: ECHOES OF THE PAST

Summary:
Kairi and Lea must train together for the inevitable clash against the 13 Seekers of Darkness. Will they be able to let their past go and work together?

Chapters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

PROLOGUE

Kairi summoned her Keyblade as she looked at her hand, devoid of feelings. Am I really cut out for being a Keyblade Wielder? How will I even fight?
I did kill some Heartless a year ago… but... Jiminy told me they're the weakest of them all. And… Why do I have to work together with Axel? I don't want that.

"That's, uh, a nice Keyblade.", Lea said as he stepped towards her and proudly presented his own weapon. "But, you know, mine is cooler. Or, heh, should I say hotter? You… you get it? Hot? 'Cause it… like, has a fire-theme?"
Kairi didn't even look at him. How would he still be able to talk to her after what he did?
"We're off to a great start, eh? Well, I always knew we'd become best friends one day. Even told you so on the island.", he said as he crossed his arms and started going inside Merlin's house in Radiant Garden.
"Ahh, hello there, Lea! Where is the other one? Kairi, was it?", the wizard said right before the girl stepped inside.
"Hop! Hold on there, you don't have to come inside. We're going to a different place.", he stepped out of his house, dragging Lea with him.
"Listen to gramps, Kairi." Before he knew it, Merlin hit him with a spell, making him fall to the ground.
"YOU'RE old!!

They arrived in a room with a big computer.
"This is where you will train."
Silence filled the room.
"In the computer."
"What… is a computer?", Kairi asked as she looked at the monitor with blinking lights.
"Are you… actually being serious right now?", Axel asked. Everybody knew what a computer was - was she this dense?
"We never had such things on the island!"
"Be quiet, both of you. Cid, Leon, and I have found a way to transport the both of you to different worlds. This computer would normally send you to a place we decided to call 'Space Paranoids', but with a little bit of magic and Cid's knowledge, we were able to work a way around it. Listen closely now", he said as he turned towards the duo.
"It would take far too long if you just traveled to different worlds. We need to teach you guys how to use the Keyblade effectively as fast as possible - so, I worked a bit of magic. About 30 minutes in there equals 1 minute in the outside world. Imagine it as a sort of time capsule where time moves a lot slower than normally. We don't know what worlds you will be going to - but we do know one thing. They can either be the past, present, or future versions of that world. You could, for example, end up in a past version of this world."
"Master, you say 'past', but what IS 'past'? A year? 10 years? And what about the future?", Kairi asked as she raised her hand as if she were in school.
"Either or and everything in-between."
"So, like, why don't YOU teach us something? Or Mickey?", Axel asked as he crossed his arms yet again.
"Mickey and Riku are on a journey to save Aqua. You wouldn't know her, but she is currently trapped in the Realm of Darkness. And I have to help restoration with my magic."
Aqua… I know that name from somewhere, don't I? Hm..., Kairi thought to herself.
"What about Yen Sid? Does he ever move anywhere? He just keeps sitting on his chair all day long! He could teach us, no?", Axel wasn't able to understand the situation at all. It would be much better if a Keyblade Master trained them, they'd be so much more powerful!
"How about some respect, you brat! That's still Master Yen Sid for you. He insisted on you guys learning it on your own in different worlds. He wants you to get to know each other better and work together."
"I doubt it'll happen. Little missie here ignores everything I'm saying."
"Master, are you hearing some flies buzzing?", Kairi smiled.
"Enough of this! Go in front of that laser and wait."

Kairi and Lea moved and before they knew it, a light blinded them and they were on a high platform in the void.

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
This is so cool!
I'm loving the connections you added from previous games into the story, this gives me a feel that it could happen.
I adore Axel's dialogue too. <3
Please Muke, continue this story cause I absolutely enjoy it so far. :)

Muke

whatever
Awards
This is so cool!
I'm loving the connections you added from previous games into the story, this gives me a feel that it could happen.
I adore Axel's dialogue too. <3
Please Muke, continue this story cause I absolutely enjoy it so far. :)
I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! :DD
Yeah, I wanted this story to actually take place and make sense in the continuity and also wanted to focus on some stuff that hasn't been touched upon since a few games. You'll see a lot more stuff like that in the future!
Yes, I have to admit that I also like Axel's lines and think I actually did a good job characterizing him. :)

This will for sure be continued until the end! I had a blast planning it all out etc. and can't wait to hear you guys' opinion. :D

Alja

A very interesting concept! I've seen people use an enchanted room which slows time for Lea and Kairi as well, but using the computer is quite innovative - especially with the ability to visit the past, present and future. Going for a little X magic there, I see :D Also a nice nod at KH2 and Sora's reaction to the PC xD
I'm curious to see where you'll go with this!

Veevee

Awards
Haha, I love it so far. It's pleasant to read and you get the characters really well. I sat here with a stupid grin when Axel came up with the fire-themed joke. Oh, Axel ... :D but I think it's really cute he's trying so hard. Kairi, don't be so unforgiving :> (yeah, I know, she has all the reasons to be). xD
And I love how he thinks she is dense. Poor Axel. Poor Kairi. The comment about Yen Sid always sitting in his chair is golden. Really nice, you know your stuff and it shows. Interesting, that the hyperbolic time chamber is the computer this time, I have also spent hours in my computer while time passed in a rush outside ... hmm ... maybe my computer also is a htc, sadly, it's the bad way around. xD

Did Axel ever meet Aqua? Been a while since I played BBS, I thought he only spoke to Ventus.

Muke

whatever
Awards
A very interesting concept! I've seen people use an enchanted room which slows time for Lea and Kairi as well, but using the computer is quite innovative - especially with the ability to visit the past, present and future. Going for a little X magic there, I see :D Also a nice nod at KH2 and Sora's reaction to the PC xD
I'm curious to see where you'll go with this!
Thaaanks, glad you like it! :D
Hehe, that remains a secret for now. :p

Haha, I love it so far. It's pleasant to read and you get the characters really well. I sat here with a stupid grin when Axel came up with the fire-themed joke. Oh, Axel ... :D but I think it's really cute he's trying so hard. Kairi, don't be so unforgiving :> (yeah, I know, she has all the reasons to be). xD
And I love how he thinks she is dense. Poor Axel. Poor Kairi. The comment about Yen Sid always sitting in his chair is golden. Really nice, you know your stuff and it shows. Interesting, that the hyperbolic time chamber is the computer this time, I have also spent hours in my computer while time passed in a rush outside ... hmm ... maybe my computer also is a htc, sadly, it's the bad way around. xD

Did Axel ever meet Aqua? Been a while since I played BBS, I thought he only spoke to Ventus.
I'm glad you're enjoying it <3!

Lea never met Aqua. Kairi was the one who said that, actually. :D Only what Kairi thinks will be written in italic but I understand I have to specify that. Sorry! :D Editing a little sentence so it's clear Kairi thinks that.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Chapter 1: Miracles

Kairi and Lea were standing on a platform in the void. Weren’t they going to be sent to other worlds? And most importantly: what is this place? As they were looking around for clues, they noticed a huge door. They stepped towards it and opened it together - a bright, blue light blinded them. When they opened their eyes, they were suddenly surrounded by a huge crowd.
“Where are we, Kairi? Got a clue?”, Lea whispered into her ear.
“Dear people of Corona. We are proud to announce that we will be getting a child.”, they heard somebody talk from above. As they turned around, they saw a huge castle and thousands of guards around and in it.
“Corona… isn’t there some tale about some golden flower here? At least my mother always told me about it when I was little.”, Lea mumbled.
“I… I also recall something like that. My mother would always tell me the story when I went to bed… but she stopped after some time. She just stopped spending time with me, I don’t —”
Everybody started cheering after the initial shock went away.
“However!”, he said, “… Even though we are filled with joy, we also wanted to inform our people about bad news. Your queen - Queen Arianna - is… very sick.” Gasps started to fill the silence - as did sobs. King Frederic started tearing up as Queen Arianna stepped forward and hugged him.
“Dear people of the Kingdom of Corona! Please stay strong. We are awaiting the baby in less than a few days. Even though I may be running out of time, hope is not lost. All of our brave guards have started searching for the Magical Golden Flower.” She wanted to continue talking, but started crying instead.
“Axel, I want to help them.”
“Look, my name is Lea. L-E-A. Got it memorized already?”
Kairi sighed and stepped forward.
“Dear king, dear queen!”, she raised her voice as everyone looked at her.
“I can’t possibly imagine what you are going through. I am so sorry and hope your guards will be able to find the flower. But… I wanted to help somehow.”
“Kairi, no! We can’t tell them we have Keyblades! We have to—”, he whispered and tried to prevent her from disturbing the world order.
“I know that..”
“How could a little girl like you help us?”, the king asked as if he was mocking her.
“I have my connections. I can find the flower for you guys!”
“Be quiet! We don’t have time for this. If you say one more word, I will—”
“Wait, Frederic”, the queen whispered into her ear, “just let her do it. We need all the help we can get. What do you have to lose?”
The king was gnashing his teeth thoughtfully. Without a word, he turned around and walked away - the queen followed him.

Kairi and Lea didn’t even know where to begin. However, they decided to buy new clothes so they don't stick out as much. Lea didn’t want to go on a stupid “fetch-quest”, as he called it.
“I didn’t agree with this. We’re supposed to gain strength to fight against Xehanort! Not to find some stupid magical flower! We don’t even know whether it’s real or not!”
“You’re as heartless as ever, do you know that?”, Kairi rolled her eyes as they were wandering through Corona.
“Besides, I’m sure the kind and queen will give us something in exchange for finding the flower — which doesn’t mean I offered to do this just because of that. They need help, and we can help them. We have to start with SOMETHING, and that just so happens to be the golden flower.”
“Tsk.”, was the only thing Lea said. He knew deep inside that what she’s saying is true, but he still didn’t want to search for some mystical flower.
“We don’t even know this kingdom, you're aware of that, right? It’s huge and we don’t even know where to begin. This is gonna be a paaain.”

“Flower, gleam and glow. Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine… what once was mine.”, they heard somebody humming a song.
Lea immediately started following her silently while Kairi had no idea why he suddenly acted like a detective.
“What are you doing?!”, she whispered as she followed Lea.
“Shhhh! She’s singing about some flower which turns back time. This is just like in the tales! I’m sure - she knows exactly where the flower is!”

After quite a while of walking, it started to get darker and darker, and eventually, it was night. Where was this cloaked woman going to?
“Axel! We’re wasting so much time here, it’s been hours! This old lady obviously doesn’t know what she’s doing and is just wandering around. Can we please go search somewhere else?”, Kairi rolled her eyes as she started to get annoyed.
Before they knew it, the woman raised her arm, snapped, and looked at the duo with a cruel smile. The ground started shaking and a huge cloud of smoke surrounded them as they felt Darkness approach.

An enormous Heartless appeared right in front of them and roared at them. It looked like a humanoid dandelion.
They immediately summoned their Keyblades.

Chuuya

Awards
Ooooooo, I'm hyped. :DDD
I'm loving this chapter, especially that it's focusing on scenes we didn't see in the movie.
*gasp* I GOT IT NOW! This the past part of the world, and Sora goes to the same world in the future part of it when Repunzel's grown up! I just blew my own mind!!!!!!!!!!
Muke, you are a mad genius.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Ooooooo, I'm hyped. :DDD
I'm loving this chapter, especially that it's focusing on scenes we didn't see in the movie.
*gasp* I GOT IT NOW! This the past part of the world, and Sora goes to the same world in the future part of it when Repunzel's grown up! I just blew my own mind!!!!!!!!!!
Muke, you are a mad genius.
Absolutely right! ;)
I wanted to go into a different direction than everyone else for once. :D

I'm happy you're enjoying it!! :3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Muke, you are amazing. I'm in love. I absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter! Lea and Kairi working together on the world of TANGLED is the greatest gift imaginable. <3 100% full of hype right now. Lea cracks me up. And Kairi, she's so adorable. You captured them, including Merlin extremely well in character. I could easily imagine this happening within the game itself. I look forward to seeing how Kairi and Lea handle the enormous heartless the old woman left in her place! :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
Muke, you are amazing. I'm in love. I absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter! Lea and Kairi working together on the world of TANGLED is the greatest gift imaginable. <3 100% full of hype right now. Lea cracks me up. And Kairi, she's so adorable. You captured them, including Merlin extremely well in character. I could easily imagine this happening within the game itself. I look forward to seeing how Kairi and Lea handle the enormous heartless the old woman left in her place! :D
Thank you so much! It makes me so happy you're enjoying it a lot! :DD

Muke

whatever
Awards

Chapter 2: The Flower

“Did you see that?! It was the woman! She summoned this Heartless!”, Lea yelled at Kairi.
Yet again, the gigantic Heartless roared and attempted to crush the duo with its claws. While Lea was able to jump away, Kairi got captured by the Heartless - it tried to devour her!
“LEA!!”, she yelled as loud as she was able to. Lea was scared. Everything seemed to be playing in slow motion and he had to think. Think as fast as he could. If he’d launch a fireball at the Heartless, it might hit Kairi was well, so that was not an option.
“KAIRI!”, he yelled as he flipped backward and went into his fighting pose. He raised his Keyblade and aimed at the Heartless’ left eye.
“Burn, baby!”, he yelled as he finally launched a fireball straight into the Heartless’ eye, which led to the monster dropping Kairi, who landed a few feet away. Lea immediately took out a potion and threw it towards Kairi, telling her to drink it quickly. Kairi thanked him and was able to stand on her feet again.
“If we want to beat this creature, we have to work together!”, Lea told her. But Kairi had a plan.
“No matter what it looks like, it’s still a plant.”, she started explaining, “If we both use fire against it, we might be able to take it out somehow!”, she said as she looked at her Keyblade.
“But… I don’t know how to fight! I don’t know how to use any kind of magic spells.”
Lea jumped towards the huge creature and hit it with his Keyblade as fire enveloped it. The Heartless didn’t seem to care, as it easily flicked Lea to the ground.
“How are we supposed to beat this Heartless?!”, Kairi looked at Lea, who was casting Reflega to shield himself and his friend. The Heartless roared and at the same time, its seed heads floated to the ground, creating even more little dandelion Heartless.
“… Let’s teach these things a lesson!” With a frightful yell, Kairi struck at the Heartless with his Keyblade.
“Thunder! Fira!!”, Lea waved his Keyblade, casting magic with all his might. With a hellish roar, the Heartless’ claw came down, and Lea took a blunt hit and fell back.
"Agh!"
"You okay?!", Kairi dashed to Lea and gave him a healing potion.
"Thanks, Kairi!", Lea jumped back to his feet. The duo was smiling at each other - they were starting to become a good team, and both of them were able to feel it.
Hand in hand, they looked into each other's eyes and faced the Heartless. Lea dug the Keyblade into the roots of the Heartless. "Kairi! Let's do this together!!" At his call, she leaped into the air, smashing her Keyblade into the creature as well, both yelling in unison. A glow surrounded them - their Keyblades gave off a tremendous blaze of light and the Heartless was swallowed up in the light.

Exhausted by the fight, the heroes fell to the ground, wheezing. They were both tired, but also sad.
“We make a good team.”, Kairi smiled as Lea as she rose to her feet and looked at her Keyblade. “Didn’t I tell you we’d be best friends?”, he laughed and stood up.

While they wanted to continue searching for the flower, they decided it was a waste of time as they wouldn’t be able to find it today anyway. Though they were aware of their 'time limit', the duo wanted to relax after this tough fight.
“I’m hungry. Can you cook?”, Lea looked at Kairi as he let himself fall to the grass. Kairi laughed at him, saying that it’s obvious she’d be able to cook - she grew up on an island after all.
“We don’t have anything, though. Maybe if you’d find some fish and a few mushrooms…”, she said deep in thought.
“But hey! I’m not going to be the only one doing stuff. Get up, you slowpoke!”, she said as she lightly kicked him. Exhaustedly, he somehow managed to stand up and looked at Kairi.
“Y’know, I liked Sora a lot more.”, he laughed. Kairi’s mouth opened up wide at that comment.
“Shut your mouth, you'll catch a fly. Actually.. leave it open. We could grill those flies.”
“Eeeww!!”, Kairi exclaimed as she waved with her hands.

The next morning, Lea decided to teach Kairi how to cast magic spells. He explained to her that he already had a little bit of experience thanks to his Chakrams.
“If there’s something I can guarantee you, it’s that all wielders of the Keyblade are capable of learning magic, and magic of the Keyblade itself is capable of great feats. Y’know, being able to lock a world's Keyhole and whatnot. It’s kinda hard to explain, but you just have to concentrate and believe in yourself and the Keyblade.”

Many minutes passed and Kairi was still not able to cast any kind of magic. She was slowly getting annoyed and mad. “This is so annoying!”, she bit her lip.
Lea let himself fall to the ground - he was even more exhausted than Kairi was, for some reason. “I agree. We tried fire, blizzard, thunder, magnet — everything! I’m tired!”, he complained.
“Excuse me!”, Kairi yelled, “I’m not as experienced as you are - actually, I’m not experienced at all! Why are you exhausted, anyway? I’m the one who’s moving around here, you’ve just been standing there this whole time!”
“This isn’t getting us anywhere. We should look for the stupid flower and leave this world already.”
“Are you always so pessimistic?”, Kairi rolled her eyes as she made her Keyblade disappear.

The duo continued to search for the flower. They knew it had to be in the forest somewhere, since the old dame went that way.
“You know, Lea… I can’t stop thinking about the king and the queen. They must be devastated..”, Kairi looked down as they walked through the woods.

Before they knew it, it was night again and the duo was exhausted as ever. They arrived at a cliff and let themselves fall to the ground, about to fall asleep. Until… they heard the same old dame sing the same song. They immediately hid and watched the woman.
“Flower, gleam and glow… let your power shine. Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine… what once was mine”

As she sang the song, the golden flower started to emit light, and the old dame suddenly became a beautiful, young lady. Kairi and Lea were amazed by this. Suddenly, they heard the guards of Corona coming this way to search for the flower. “Search everywhere! Look into every nook and cranny!”, their captain exclaimed.
The old woman covered the flower with a fake bush and ran away, but as she did so, she knocked the bush over. The duo immediately ran towards it, took it, and ran away.

Chuuya

Awards
This chapter was so nice, I really love Lea's dialogue in this lol. The action of the boss fight was amazing, my eyes were glued to this. The chapter had great visualization because I could see everything going on in my head. I AM LOVING THIS MUKE. :) :DDDDDDD

Veevee

Awards
Hehe, you really had me grinning when Lea complained about the fetch-quests. I can sympathize so much with that. Fetch-quests can be nice, but also "ugh, why do I have to do this now". Or ... "this is gonna be a paaaaain". I love that part :DD
I actually don't know that world (I take from the other comments that this is tangled), so I'm looking forward to what might happen. :)
That teaching lesson of Lea reminded me of quite a few anime that are based on Chakra / Ki / whatever, I could imagine quite well how Kairi was standing there, concentrated as hell but getting no results other than an exhausted Lea. Poor Kairi, I'm sorry that your misfortune amuses me ;)
Aaand I really like their relationship. I don't know how exactly it will turn out in the end, but I already like it. Great job!

Aaand thanks for the reminder. I bookmarked your fanfiction, but I rarely check my bookmarks which is kinda pointless. Yeah.

Griewer

Awards
Wow, Muke nice job, it is really cool! The characterizations are really good, and it's awesome how you
chose quite a unique couple from the series (it is always Sora and Roxas and Riku :'D) and still manage
to make it interesting. :3
Nice job, looking forward to the next chapters! :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Kairi and Lea kicking heartless butt is awesome! I really enjoyed Lea's thought process on how not to harm Kairi during his assault on the heartless that captured her. I also like the fact that he's trying to teach her magic. I do wonder if that's potential foreshadowing for something to come? Like, there could be a reason why Kairi isn't successful in summoning magic. But that's just my gears at work on what's happening. xD Anyways, I like how they found the flower. I imagine they'll be the ones to take it to the king and queen! Definitely a lovely chapter! Looking forward to more!

Alja

“Wait, Frederic”, the queen whispered into his ear, “just let her do it. We need all the help we can get. What do you have to lose?”

“Besides, I’m sure the king and queen will give us something in exchange for finding the flower
Just some minor fixes! :3

It looked like a humanoid dandelion.
DUDE. I see what you did there...

I agree with the others, it's an interesting take on the world, especially since we know that Sora will visit it in KH3! And I can't help but wonder whether this flower might actually help Kairi in developing her magic... not that she consumes it, just the light it emits since it could be similar to her own light?
Btw, I love the subtle change from "Axel" to "Lea" in chapter 2 :3

Muke

whatever
Awards

Chapter 3: The Talisman

A soon as they started running, the guards immediately followed them, yelling at Kairi and Lea to stop fleeing.
“Maybe we should give them the flower?!” Kairi said as she was trying to avoid the arrows they were bombarded with. Lea disagreed and held the flower tight.
“If we bring it to the King and Queen ourselves, we might get something useful in return!” He said as he, too, was trying to avoid the guards’ attacks. Kairi turned around and told the guards they were going to hand the flower over themselves, which only made the guards angrier.
“Are you dense? Of course they won’t listen! Just continue running!”
“I was just trying to make them stop already! We can’t use our Keyblades to fight, either, we have to protect that world order thing!”
“As if anybody cares about that.” Lea chuckled.

Before they knew it, they had arrived at the castle and started yelling so that the King and Queen stepped to their balcony.
“We have the flower!” Kairi yelled as a guard grabbed her arm.
“Your Majesty!”
King Frederic shook his head and held out his arm. The guards knew what this meant, and told the duo to follow them into the castle, where they met the King.

“How do I know this really is the flower and not some fake? Where did you find it?” he said as he observed the flower closely and stared into Lea’s eyes, who was holding the flower.
“Your Majesty, I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but—”
“Look, this is your only chance, isn’t it? Queen Arianna is hurting in there, and she needs this flower to recover. What about your child?! You have to take this risk.” Lea interrupted Kairi as he didn’t want to waste even more time. The King snorted and thought this whole thing over while his wife was creaking out of pain in the other room. Without a word, the King took the flower and shut the door behind him.
“Why did you interrupt me? What was that about?” Kairi confronted Lea.
“Look, we’re forgetting about our actual mission here. We’re not supposed to be doing fetch-quests and all that. Excluding that giant dandelion, we haven’t even actually fought against anything yet. It’s been well over a day since we arrived here.”
“Well,” Kairi said as she touched her chin, “if one minute here equals thirty minutes outside… and a day has 1440 minutes.. and we assume it’s been two days… it’s not even been 98 minutes outside yet.”
Lea was counting with his fingers, trying to figure out whatever Kairi just said. He shook his head.
“How do you know all that?!”
Kairi chuckled, “Let’s just say I’m really good in school.”
“What a nerd…. show-off.” Lea crossed his arms and pouted slightly with an angry face.

As more minutes passed, the duo could finally hear a cute baby crying. Kairi was excited to see the child - Lea just wanted to leave already. After some more minutes, a guard told them that the Queen wanted to see them. They entered the room and saw the child, in the arms of the Queen.
“She is so cute..” Kairi whispered to herself with sparkles in her eyes.
“Young man, young girl. What are your names?” The Queen asked with tears in her eyes.
“He is Lea, and I’m Kairi, Your Highness.” Kairi stepped forward.
“We want to thank you.” the King said as he stepped forwards, swiping his tears off. “Please, accept our gift.”

The King handed them a talisman that is connected to a chain.
“It has magical powers. Our guards found it while searching for the Golden Flower. Please, take it with you. I’m sure it will help you.” Queen Arianna said.
“I apologize.” King Frederic said as he smiled at them.

Kairi and Lea finally wanted to continue with their mission and travel to another world, as Lea closely observed the talisman they got. It was in the shape of a golden sun.
“I’ve seen this symbol all over the kingdom. I wonder what it means.” Kairi said as she took it.
“Well, I guess it’s the symbol of Corona or something. More importantly though... how do we use it? ... How is it supposed to help us? It’s just a stupid talisman.”
Kairi put it to the ground and looked at Lea.
“Maybe we should hit it?” Lea suggested with a raised eyebrow.
“Now you’re being dense. Why would hitting it work?”
Lea didn’t listen to Kairi, took out his Keyblade, and hit the talisman.
“No use.”
“I have an idea. What if it’s for the Keyblade? Our.. uhm.. keychains also have the same chain and are about the same time. It’s not too far-fetched, is it?” Kairi said as she touched her chin.
Lea nodded and swapped out his keychain. The Keyblade was suddenly shining and transformed had a completely different look. It also felt a little bit heavier.
“Whooa!” they both said in unison.
“It kind of feels heavier and somehow more powerful.” he said as he launched a fireball into the sky. “My magic definitely also feels a lot more powerful! But.. which one of us will take it?”
“Hm... my magic skills are nonexistent, so I guess you should take it. Maybe we can switch every other world.” Kairi smiled as she summoned her Keyblade.
“Also, my Keyblade looks really beautiful. Yours looks ugly, so I guess that’s also a justified reason.” she grinned at him.
“Tsk.” Lea crossed his arms.

Lea summoned a Corridor of Darkness, and they both went in - even though Kairi felt uneasy.

Thanks, everybody. It's making me so happy that people are enjoying this! I'm sorry this took so long xD

Veevee

Awards
Okay, I didn't take a shower but I'm as comfy as I can get, so heeellooooo =D

"As if anybody cares about that."
I see what you did there, I love how Lea always voices the fandom's thoughts about the games xD he's my hero <3
And Kairi's a neeeeeerd - why doesn't that surprise me? Riku is probably the hot guy and Sora is the clown of the class. I can imagine that so well. xD
"Maybe we should hit it?" This is the solution for everything in Kingdom Hearts as my friend recently pointed out. You don't know what to do - hit it. If that doesn't work - screw it and be ready for despair. xD
His keyblade does NOT look ugly. Bah. Bad, bad Kairi <_< will you draw the new look? I want to see it!
Great work, as always! Please continue soon :3

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yes, that’s what I was going for with Axel!! xD Glad someone noticed :D
Yup, I did draw its new look! I’ll post it once I’m at home. :D

Glad you like it <33 new chapter will go up either today or tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back