• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts 2.9: Echoes of the Past

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Chapter 4: Bonding

As they stepped out of the Dark Corridor, Kairi noticed that they’re in Twilight Town.
“Wait, what are we doing here of all places, Lea?”
He didn’t say a word. He silently looked at the big clocktower which started to ring. He sighed and turned to Kairi.
“If we really want to succeed with this training, you have to know a lot more than just smacking that Keyblade against some Heartless. You really need to learn how to use magic. I also feel like you should be able to create your own corridors.”
“Well… I understand the magic part, but why would I need to know how to create corridors? Besides, I don’t want to walk through them anymore! This was the first and only time - it feels so weird in there!” she complained as she let herself fall to the ground, pouting slightly.
“You really are dense, aren’t you. What happens if we get separated? Those corridors will be useful for ya. Besides, I don’t think you’d be able to summon Corridors of Darkness.” he said as he touched his chin.

They both made sure to go to a place where nobody could see them, which turned out to be a big, old mansion on the outskirts of Twilight Town. They entered the mansion and were amazed - it was beautiful and, strangely, not dusty at all.
“I don’t think this is a good idea… we could break a lot of stuff in here. I don’t think the keeper of this mansion would want that. Let’s go train elsewhere” Kairi said as Lea grabbed her arm, rolled his eyes, and sighed.
“This place is clearly old. I don’t know who comes and gets rid of the dust, but it for sure has been abandoned. If we want to learn somewhere without anybody seeing us, this is the place. Now let’s get started.”
Lea, again, gave her a rundown of how magic actually works and why it’s useful.

“And besides of all that, those that are adept at magic can use it in a wide variety of uses outside of combat. Stuff like transformations, transportation between worlds, realms, or even time periods, or casting enchantments or curses. Also, I don’t know why, but spells are often accompanied by an invocation, such as "Firaga!" when casting a Firagaspell. I do it from time to time as well, just 'cause it’s kind of more epic.”
“Well, that’s great, but I still have no idea how to use magic. I just can’t do it! This is the second time you told me all of that, but it’s no use.” she angrily said as she shook her head aggressively. This whole issue was making her feel uncomfortable. Was she really cut out to be a Keyblade Wielder and a Warrior of Light if she doesn’t even know how to use the simplest kind of magic?
She was for sure going to embarrass herself and make everyone disappointed.
“Well, you can’t always do the same thing and expect different results. We’re just gonna change things up a little. Maybe you just need to unlock that special something deep inside your heart… or something.” Lea was determined - by the end of their session, Kairi would be able to do something. At least that’s what he was aiming for.
“Maybe I’m just plain bad. Actually, this reminds me…” Kairi closed her eyes and looked up.
“Back when Sora became one of those Heartless two years ago… I somehow was able to restore him. I don’t know why or how. I just remember having a goal in my mind and being determined. And my goal was to protect Sora.” she said and inhaled deeply.
Suddenly, she aimed into the air and summoned pillars of light in a circle around her, then expelled them outwards, destroying many objects which were in the foyer in the process.

“Whoa!!” she was amazed by her own powers and stared at her hands with an open mouth.
Lea, who was sent flying by the pillars, got up again and complained a little first, but then he saw the damage Kairi had done.
“Wow, Kairi. How did you do that?!” he said as he stared into the now almost-empty room. Except for some armors and a few unicorn-statues, everything was destroyed.
“That… felt.. AWESOME!!” Kairi yelled as she jumped up and down, shaking her hands.
They continued to train and use some spells in other rooms, like the dining room, destroying more things in the process.

They decided to get some ice cream, so they bought some and sat down in Sunset Hill.
“This is a really strange taste, don’t you think? What did that duck call it again… Seasalt Ice Cream? It’s so weird. It doesn’t taste salty at all, and it also looks awful. Kind of purple-ish.” she complained as she continued to lick her ice.
“Yeah, it’s definitely not the Seasalt Ice Cream I know. He did say he’s trying to recreate it though. I guess it goes without saying, but he’s doing a terrible job.” he said as he rose to his feet and looked at the sunset.
“Kairi, do you know why the sun sets red?”
“Actually, I—”
“You see, light is made up of a lot of colors. And out of all of those, red travels the farthest.” he said as he smiled.
“I really don’t want to destroy the moment, but… while technically true, you make it sound like blue light can't travel far enough to reach our eyes. The more accurate explanation is that since red light's wavelength is longer, it doesn't disperse as much as higher frequency light. During the day, the angle of incidence of sunlight on Earth is close to 90 degrees so light isn't scattered as much - think of the atoms of gas in the atmosphere as prisms refracting white light. The blue light is easily visible, so the sky appears blue. During a sunset — or sunrise for that matter — the angle of incidence is closer to 0 or 180. The amount of light that is refracted is greater and due to blue light's smaller wavelength, it gets refracted at a larger angle. This results in mostly red light reaching our eyes which makes sunsets look red.”
Lea smacked his own forehead and looked at Kairi, obviously annoyed.
“Know-it-all.” he said as he crossed his arms.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I agree with Kairi in the former chapter. Lea's keyblade is kind of ugly. xD It's pretty cool they got a talisman out of it from doing the fetch quest for the King and Queen of Corona. Furthermore, this new chapter was hilarious at the end. Kairi is such a know it all. It amuses me to no end how smart she is. Poor Lea is going to have to suffer. BUT it was awesome seeing Kairi finally be able to tap into some of her powers! :D And Lea is actually pretty smart to point out how important it'd be for her to use a corridor to get around. They make really great keyblade partners. <3 I look forward to seeing what happens next with the pair of them! Good chapter as always, Muke!

Muke

whatever
Awards
I agree with Kairi in the former chapter. Lea's keyblade is kind of ugly. xD It's pretty cool they got a talisman out of it from doing the fetch quest for the King and Queen of Corona. Furthermore, this new chapter was hilarious at the end. Kairi is such a know it all. It amuses me to no end how smart she is. Poor Lea is going to have to suffer. BUT it was awesome seeing Kairi finally be able to tap into some of her powers! :D And Lea is actually pretty smart to point out how important it'd be for her to use a corridor to get around. They make really great keyblade partners. <3 I look forward to seeing what happens next with the pair of them! Good chapter as always, Muke!
Yup! Since we don't see Kairi often in the series, I tried to give her new character traits that I thought were fitting. Seems like I succeeded! :D Thank you so much <3

Veevee

Awards
Aww, Twilight Town <3 my favorite world. Love that (even without totodile ... which would be a perfect fit for that world. For any world.)!
Yeah, the invocation is the most important part of a spell, it definitely makes it much more epic! Glad Lea understands how it works. :D
That sunset explanation gave me a headache. I'm siding with Lea, you know-it-all!

Aaand I was slightly amused about the title of the chapter ... bonding? Aren't they, like, doing that the whole time long? :p

Awards
I am loving this SO much! Lea is my favorite character, and you are NAILING his character! And I love that you're giving Kairi more of a personality than what we've seen in the games. I'm seriously in love with this. Can't wait to see more! <3

Muke

whatever
Awards
Thank you so much! I'll continue posting more either this week or next week, so look forward to it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back