• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 to support 4K resolution

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This week in the world of rumors, Series Director Tetsuya Nomura discusses in an unspecified magazine interview that KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue may support 4K resolution.

With Kingdom Hearts 2.8 having been confirmed to support PS4 Pro, this rumor certainly comes as no surprise. Sony's upcoming console features an upgraded GPU that makes the Pro twice as powerful as the PS4, boosted clock rate, HDR support, 4K output for games and video streaming, and a one terabyte hard drive. It seems natural that 2.8, whose development has been consistently reported to be coming along very well, may be able to take advantage of the best of what technology can offer.

What do you make of this rumor? Do you think Kingdom Hearts 2.8 will support 4K, and will you be playing the game in this resolution? Let us know!

UPDATE (3:20pm PT): The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation confirms that the game will indeed support 4K output on the PlayStation 4 Pro.

Source: aibo_ac7

appleboy82791

Awards
Re: Rumor: KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 to support 4K?

It's not exactly surprising that 2.8 is going to have some kind of PS4 Pro capability. However, I didn't think that the PS4 Pro capability would be 4K. I just figured that they would just make everything 60 fps for PS4 Pro. No doubt that KH3D will not support 4K though. 0.2 and KHX Back Cover might be in 4K.

And I thought I read somewhere that all PS4 games after a certain date must have at least a little something for PS4 Pro anyway.

Anyway, I'm probably not getting a PS4 Pro so it really doesn't matter much to me. I'm probably going to hold out and wait for KH3 before I get a PS4 Pro.

Edit: This is what I was referencing...
The Playstation 4 Pro was announced yesterday (September 7th) during a Playstation Meeting in New York. The Pro brings features an upgraded GPU that makes the Pro twice as powerful as the PS4, boosted clock rate, HDR support, 4K output for games and video streaming, and a one terabyte hard drive. Leaked documents from a few months ago (known as Playstation Neo back then) stated that games releasing after a certain date need to be PS4 Pro ready.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Good on SE for caring enough about 2.8 to make it compatible.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

call this huntch i bet nomura want to test this out and how it does so he can get ffeeback if he want to do 4k for kh3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

call this huntch i bet nomura want to test this out and how it does so he can get ffeeback if he want to do 4k for kh3

I mean, that tends to be a natural result. Every game in a series ends up gathering feedback for the next one lol

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

I wish they would stop calling it 4k when it's just upscaled. Besides from that I don't think 2.8 will profit from the Pro at all, 60 fps were already confirmed for the regular PS4 too.

Additional graphic options for KHIII are very likely to be included, but I don't think they are mandatory.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
my question for the 4k supoort how much of diffece will it make it 0.2 i'm mean everthing going to dark since we be in the realm of darkness

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I wish they would stop calling it 4k when it's just upscaled.

If something is 1080p x 4 then it can be categorised as 4K. Even if its an upscaling to 4 x 1080p then that's in the 4K category. Sure, it isn't "native" 4K but it's a replica of 4K quality nevertheless.

Personally, I just hope that Dream Drop Distance HD doesn't look awkward in the 4K category. That's the last thing that I need...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back