• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Jump Festa 2016 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderful

Awards
well it's a lot less than three years. 2.8 is coming next year, which basically means they have to finalize the art style for kh3 by then. at least i imagine they would. it'd be weird for them to have kh3 looking so much different from their big kh3 engine demos (BC and 0.2)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The announcement trailer was on a different engine and was target render for that engine. I don't think it's fair to compare the two and say one is trying to reach the other when they seem to have settled on a unique look now for KH3.

That's not saying that they won't work on the character models, I'm just saying don't expect the announcement trailer to be the target for what they're trying to achieve.

Donald looks great in the field though.

Muke

whatever
Awards
well it's a lot less than three years. 2.8 is coming next year, which basically means they have to finalize the art style for kh3 by then. at least i imagine they would. it'd be weird for them to have kh3 looking so much different from their big kh3 engine demos (BC and 0.2)
I think KH III'll look better than both 0.2 and XBC, since it's just a greater game and stuff.

Wonderful

Awards
The announcement trailer was on a different engine and was target render for that engine. I don't think it's fair to compare the two and say one is trying to reach the other when they seem to have settled on a unique look now for KH3.

That's not saying that they won't work on the character models, I'm just saying don't expect the announcement trailer to be the target for what they're trying to achieve.

Donald looks great in the field though.
oh i know it's from a different engine. i didn't mean it should look exactly like that, but that the goal that they were aiming for (being the living brushwork disney illustration feel) they seem to have drifted from. i don't think they are trying to target the announcement trailer exactly, i just mean the announcement trailer seemed to better highlight that art style aspiration they were initially going for, but have since seemed more focused on more realistic environments with character models that don't quite blend with it.

it's just a shame luminous had to be tossed tho.

notnow123487

Awards
I think this game is a holiday 2018 game US and 2.8 comes out next fall as much as I don't want to admit it. They've got a long ways to go. Just my guess for the time being.

notnow123487

Awards
i dont think so i think it holiday 2016 for 2.8 and holiday 2017 for kh 3

Well see the game still looks very rough, not just the character models and square doesn't have a history of coming even close to deadlines especially for their huge titles. Well have a much better idea after this upcoming E3.

Im trying to be realistic, up until last E3 people were still saying holiday 2016 as if that were ever a possibility lol. Now the consensus is holiday 2017 as the most optimistic time for this game. A lot can change with our perceptions in six months. I think holiday 2017 has always been their goal, the holiday after XV, but I just really don't think theyre even going to come close.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Well see the game still looks very rough, not just the character models and square doesn't have a history of coming even close to deadlines especially for their huge titles. Well have a much better idea after this upcoming E3.

Im trying to be realistic, up until last E3 people were still saying holiday 2016 as if that were ever a possibility lol. Now the consensus is holiday 2017 as the most optimistic time for this game. A lot can change with our perceptions in six months. I think holiday 2017 has always been their goal, the holiday after XV, but I just really don't think theyre even going to come close.
okay that means we wont get get a kh game next year then and alot can change next next couple months i mean traile4r was d23 last month who know how much they gone since this was shown so we got to be patient plus i don't think they would annouce 2.8 this year if would relase it in 2017 then and also the trailer desrption and us twitter kh also has 2016 on it

Last edited:

notnow123487

Awards
okay that means we wont get get a kh game next year then and alot canchabge next cuple so be patient plus i dint think they would annouce this 2.8 this year if would would relase it in 2017 and also the trailer desrption and us twitter kh aslo has 2016 on it

I'm saying 2.8 will be holiday 2016 but we won't see KH3 until holiday 2018. If 2.8 comes out in the summer I might change my opinion, but I don't see them being able to put out 3 within 12 months of 2.8. And yes I understand the two games are being developed concurrently, it's just my opinion because of the amount of work that will still have to go into 3 once 2.8 is done. I'm using squares history as a basis for my predictions, it's not unprecedented. Holiday 2018 would be a little more than five years of development which actually seems to be kind of common for gigantic rpg AAA games for this gen. I believe MGSV took five years.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm saying 2.8 will be holiday 2016 but we won't see KH3 until holiday 2018. If 2.8 comes out in the summer I might change my opinion, but I don't see them being able to put out 3 within 12 months of 2.8. And yes I understand the two games are being developed concurrently, it's just my opinion because of the amount of work that will still have to go into 3 once 2.8 is done.
i dont know man waht can they relase in 2017 then if 3 get a date of 2018 becuase after 2.8 3 is next i get what you saying i really i dont see them getting 3 a 2018 date maybe if they were using the engine then yeah but i really do see 3 in late 2017

notnow123487

Awards
i dont know man waht can they relase in 2017 then if 3 get a date of 2018 becuase after 2.8 3 is next i get what you saying i really i dont see them getting 3 a 2018 date maybe if they were using the engine then yeah but i really do see 3 in late 2017

Then they don't release a KH game lol. There's no guarantee to be a game every year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, the one game a year thing was just a target goal, not a promised deal. We just got lucky and they've managed to release a new game every year since Nomura said that.

It shouldn't be expected.

notnow123487

Awards
Yeah, the one game a year thing was just a target goal, not a promised deal. We just got lucky and they've managed to release a new game every year since Nomura said that.

It shouldn't be expected.

yea although it seems like nomura has somewhat been trying to work in a game every year until 3. But my point is that if their target goal is holiday 2017 then if they realize they're not going to make it at the end of 2016, then they're not just going to all the sudden magically have a game laying around to release in 2017 which seems like will be the case if the games 2018.

redcrown

Awards
I feel like the only one who thinks Riku, Kairi, and Yen Sid look pretty good once you get over the animation change. Especially Yen Sid, he reminds me of his look in Epic Mickey. Mickey himself on the other hand....

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, I remember that in E3 Yause explained that the Dandelion Heartless would just generate new enemies if you would use physical attacks against it, and in this trailer it seems that Sora`s Keyblades hits don`t really bother it. When Sora uses a spell thou, it seems to take bigger hit. Interesting.
It is little like some enemies in KH2 that can only be damaged by magic, and little like Bunny Dream Eater enemies in the last world, where you sometimes have to use magic to break their guard.

sonikkufan21KH3

I play kingdom HeartsDreamDropDisances and kingdom hearts 2 and menories can,t wait for the prequel chapter I played the prequel

sonikkufan21KH3

can,t wait for KH3 by all means its in my name
kh_aqua_smile_by_qkung.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back