• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Jump Festa 2016 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonderful

Awards
honestly, while i definitely think it can and should be improved, the more i look at it the more and more it blends in more and doesn't look nearly as jarring and awful as it does on first glance. if they aren't made better by release, i could see myself coming accustom to it early on in the game when playing at least :/

C.C.

Website
forums.khinsider.com
Darn. Was hoping they'd share a few keyblade transformation bread crumbs. Better luck next time I suppose.

honestly, while i definitely think it can and should be improved, the more i look at it the more and more it blends in more and doesn't look nearly as jarring and awful as it does on first glance. if they aren't made better by release, i could see myself coming accustom to it early on in the game when playing at least :/

I was a bit surprised at a lot of the negative feedback the art style received in the initial gameplay trailer. I didn't think it was all that bad, just different. I remember someone on here comparing it to the art style of the new Ratchet & Clank games which was pretty funny.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I think the reason the yen Sid scene looks weird is the lighting. Cause sora looks great in the KH3 part. The room might have weird lighting

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think the reason the yen Sid scene looks weird is the lighting. Cause sora looks great in the KH3 part. The room might have weird lighting

Why is the skylight blue but the room tinted amber? The truth is out there

Wonderful

Awards
the environments are incredibly detailed and look lovely, but does anyone else kind of feel like they are falling short of their original goal with kh3?

2435993-kh3_02.jpg

like nomura said with the decided art style they wanted to go back to the series' roots as being imagined as like exquisite hand-painted brush work illustrations like a moving disney illustration. and you definitely see that in the announcement trailer. like the there is a lot of detail, sure, but it still has that painterly aesthetic. the bridge isn't hyper realistic for example. the colours all pop and are strong.

meanwhile in the footage we've seen, it seems like it is all trending more to hyper-realistic type depictions. the environments are so incredibly detailed and they pop, but they don't exactly look like illustrations anymore. they look like a detailed fantasy world. i'm wondering if this is part of the reason why the models feel so incongruent to the rest of the game. like the models are still the less detailed brush work type models like sora is above (tho to be fair, still pretty rough) but the rest of the environments no longer match it like sora matches destiny islands in the above image. idk. just something i found myself thinking about. there isn't a balance between the models and the environment and i think it's because they are leaning more to realistic environments instead of the painted illustrations they original set out as. what do you guys think? am i just totally off base and you feel the environments are living up to the painted brush work goal?

Muke

whatever
Awards
the environments are incredibly detailed and look lovely, but does anyone else kind of feel like they are falling short of their original goal with kh3?

2435993-kh3_02.jpg

like nomura said with the decided art style they wanted to go back to the series' roots as being imagined as like exquisite hand-painted brush work illustrations like a moving disney illustration. and you definitely see that in the announcement trailer. like the there is a lot of detail, sure, but it still has that painterly aesthetic. the bridge isn't hyper realistic for example. the colours all pop and are strong.

meanwhile in the footage we've seen, it seems like it is all trending more to hyper-realistic type depictions. the environments are so incredibly detailed and they pop, but they don't exactly look like illustrations anymore. they look like a detailed fantasy world. i'm wondering if this is part of the reason why the models feel so incongruent to the rest of the game. like the models are still the less detailed brush work type models like sora is above (tho to be fair, still pretty rough) but the rest of the environments no longer match it like sora matches destiny islands in the above image. idk. just something i found myself thinking about. there isn't a balance between the models and the environment and i think it's because they are leaning more to realistic environments instead of the painted illustrations they original set out as. what do you guys think? am i just totally off base and you feel the environments are living up to the painted brush work goal?
Whoa. You could be onto something there. Let me think through everything for a sec, maybe I can reply later with a longer post...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

2435993-kh3_02.jpg

To be honest, I would've wished the game to look like in the announcement trailer, just because it looked somewhat like the previous games, just better.
Now the characters mostly look like action figures which I don't really like, especially the Disney characters we've seen so far.
I don't hate the new looks or anything, but the announcement trailer DID feel a little more like Kingdom Hearts.

Muke

whatever
Awards
To be honest, I would've wished the game to look like in the announcement trailer, just because it looked somewhat like the previous games, just better.
Now the characters mostly look like action figures which I don't really like, especially the Disney characters we've seen so far.
I don't hate the new looks or anything, but the announcement trailer DID feel a little more like Kingdom Hearts.
Have you seen Eraqus and Xehanort. They really don't look like action figures, uh-uh.

Wonderful

Awards
The Xehanort/Eraqus scene is much closer to the KH announcement trailer than pretty much anything else recent we've seen.

I suppose Back Cover, with the clocktower study is close too.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The style wasn't perfect with Xehanort or Eraqus either. Did you see their hair?

2887722-kh3_05re.jpg

I still think them developing this style is why we've seen so little. There was an interview where they said they didn't show disney characters because they wanted to be happy with their look. We've got some ways to go, everyone, I think they'll find the right balance.

Wonderful

Awards
i dont know, the way they are doing the hair there is pretty close to how they did it in the announcement trailer.

2435993-kh3_02.jpg

2887722-kh3_05re.jpg

i hope it keeps improving anyway and gets closer to the announcement trailer. it's just weird because it seems like the environments of the worlds are pretty decided upon but you see a variance of styles there too, i feel. like The Mysterious Tower, Twilight Town, Tangled, etc. all seem very different from the announcement trailer, the Xehanort conversation, and the Back Cover study :/

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I mean, keep in mind, this could be intentional. The mysterious Kingdom Shader may be to blame in the odd shading in Yen Sid's tower, or stylistic choices in some cases, Aqua's hair is rendered more or less the same as Sora's, afterall.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I mean, keep in mind, this could be intentional. The mysterious Kingdom Shader may be to blame in the odd shading in Yen Sid's tower, or stylistic choices in some cases, Aqua's hair is rendered more or less the same as Sora's, afterall.
Now that you've mentioned it, I kinda get the feeling that only the OCs will look as good as the Announcement Trailer. I don't know why, I just feel like it. I am hoping the opposite though.

Wonderful

Awards
Now that you've mentioned it, I kinda get the feeling that only the OCs will look as good as the Announcement Trailer. I don't know why, I just feel like it. I am hoping the opposite though.
except Riku and Kairi do not look good in 2.8 so far lol

Muke

whatever
Awards
except Riku and Kairi do not look good in 2.8 so far lol
Weellp, II.8 is still in development. Of course, you could say that to Yen Sid's Model, too, but let's be honest: They already look better than him. Like, what is going on with the whole lightning and stuff?

Wonderful

Awards
all of this is still in development. but square is also comfortable with releasing this stuff to the public as being representative of the game. there is a chance they think all the models look perfectly fine lol.

Muke

whatever
Awards
all of this is still in development. but square is also comfortable with releasing this stuff to the public as being representative of the game. there is a chance they think all the models look perfectly fine lol.
Huh. I dunno. Let's just wait and see, shall we~?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Huh. I dunno. Let's just wait and see, shall we~?
This, pretty much. I have blind faith that this will look good in the end. Besides, it's doubtful that this will be done in the next three years. They have plenty of time.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I really just hope we won't get any downgrades of the models - but I'm sure SE wouldn't be as dumb. I trust 'em. They know how much this game means to us all (at least I think so, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back