• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Jump Festa 2016 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

limit

Hot damn, the new graphics look absolutely beautiful! Wasn't a fan of shotlocks in BBS due to how overpowered they could get, but they look SEXY AS HELL here.
And of course I come back here after a while and see Rebirth theory is a thing along with Tech points being shown. You guys are insane, haha.

Oh, 2.8 trailer also got me squeeing. Never knew how happy I'd feel seeing DDD again despite how contrived it got, and that on top of full HD scenes of 0.2BBS was more than enough ;v;

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I keep reminding myself that it will look a ton better in the final product. I mean, it looks gorgeous, but Yen Sid does look a little like plastic and oh my god, Mickey's ears! They look like paper. But other than that, I'm very happy. Hell, I finally broke down and asked for a ps4 for Xmas because of 2.8, so... I was all set to wait until there was an actual release date for KH3, because surely by then it would go down in price. But nope, yet again, Squeenix is squeezing my wallet dry and forcing me into another console purchase.

his grace

Two things.
Secondly, diddly this fanbase, omg. I cannot believe the amount of complaining and whining I'm seeing on the social media sites. Everyone's disappointed and all "This was all they gave us? There was nothing new." What diddlying trailer are they watching? Because nearly all of the KH3 footage was never seen before. Same locations? Yes, but that footage was new and it was fantastic. Ungrateful little shits complaining for a month about this, and then they finally get what they want and all they do is cry. The casual KH fans are so annoying it drives me up the wall. "KH1 and KH2 are the only relevant games, where's the release date, show us the trailers and then oh those trailers sucked, shut up and give us kh3 no one cares about 2.8." God, I just.... aghhh.
I don't Know what other people are saying ( I Liked this trailer) The only thing I have issue with is That Shot Locks are back with No Drive forms other then That The Trailer was Good :smile:

Oathkeyper97

Two things.

First off, I am blown away by this trailer. I am so happy Square essentially gave us a double-trailer. A 5 minute trailer of two games? Thank you kindly! And I could not believe how good the graphics are looking on the new engine now. Every other point until now, my initial reaction was "Uh... the graphics looks really weird." And finally, this was the first time I saw the game running and thought "Oh wow, this looks absolutely incredible." Seriously KH3 is looking GORGEOUS. I am stunned. And we got Yen Sid looking amazing, Daybreak Town in HD, shotlocks confirmed, the Marluxia-ish enemy thing, all the environments look amazing, etc etc. It's all so great. I was just staring in awe the entire time I first watched it. So good.

Secondly, diddly this fanbase, omg. I cannot believe the amount of complaining and whining I'm seeing on the social media sites. Everyone's disappointed and all "This was all they gave us? There was nothing new." What diddlying trailer are they watching? Because nearly all of the KH3 footage was never seen before. Same locations? Yes, but that footage was new and it was fantastic. Ungrateful little shits complaining for a month about this, and then they finally get what they want and all they do is cry. The casual KH fans are so annoying it drives me up the wall. "KH1 and KH2 are the only relevant games, where's the release date, show us the trailers and then oh those trailers sucked, shut up and give us kh3 no one cares about 2.8." God, I just.... aghhh.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!?! AUGH, I friggin' hate people sometimes. I, along with the more dedicated fanbase, absolutely loved the trailer :)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
RgmzwpZ.png

Boy, my 7 guardians theory was WAY off.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
*chokes on drink*

Weeell, I guess it would be possible to summon Hitler. Donald Duck was in a short that involved the Nazis, wasn't he? I think they could exist... sort of..

Muke

whatever
Awards
Waking up and seeing this trailer was so awesome. The trailer itself was awesome!!
BTW Shotlocks confirmed. And did you guys notice, that the Menu changes when Sora is attacking the Nobodies?
Like, it goes from EX3 -> Max. Everything is a little bit zoomed out and there is a color change. It went from blue to brown/yellow-ish.

EDIT
I really think the part with the Nobodies is more developed. Like, I noticed something else.
See the running animation in Rapunzel's world with the blue Menu. He runs like an idiot. Sorry. It looks like shit.

And then, when the changes come, he runs like in KH II -- holding his Keyblade in both hands.

Last edited:
I'm really appreciating the amount of detail and textures in the game/footage, like the ground in Yensid's office, Aqua's hair, plant life in Tangled, and the sky in Mysterious Tower. HYPE

Also, I read the rebirth theory but can't remember, was part of it that these foretellers would become some of the 13 darknesses or was that a separate theory. Because, like, that theory made a lot of sense but I can't even believe that it might be canon. I don't know a whole lot about Chi though outside of that theory.

GGDude00

It doesn't necessarily mean the rebirth theory is true they very easily could be just summoned out the tome of prophecy which I think is what actually happened myself. It parallels how the journal is protected from people inside, Data Sora and Data Riku. Here I believe that the master in order to save the world and have suitable guards for the tome of prophecy decided to summoned forth the guardians of light from the tome of prophecy, copies of them specifically like the worlds and people like Snow White are.

I can personally understand this. Besides, looking back at the game itself, I question how the events of Alice in Wonderland can occur at the time BEFORE the Keyblade War since Sora had visited Wonderland AFTER the War. It wouldn't make sense to see Alice's adventure in Wonderland repeat twice. There's also King Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. They were shown in Kingdom Hearts X as well.

Also, I'm not really up for this Rebirth Theory. To me, it just seems to make TAV, Riku, and Kairi really less interesting, knowing that they have to go through the goddamn never-ending cycle of life and death, over and over again. Ugh, I feel agitated...

Last edited:

Seighart

Awards
I'm not entirely sold on the Rebirth Theory just because the Foretellers have the same voice actors. If that indeed turns out to be the case, then we potentially have a never ending cycle with no true death. Birth by Sleep will have an entirely different meaning.

Hirokey123

Awards
I mean to say if they are the past versions of the characters then there was no reason for the master to go to such lengths to hide their identities. He gave them new names and instructions on keeping their faces hidden. He clearly doesn't want anyone to know their actual identities which means something about their identity would be a give away to people IN-story not just out of story.

I mean even more so this series is not about Death that's something Nomura had said. That's why we have this developed mythos but have completely skipped over death. They either never talk about death when people die or it's not "true death" it's sleep, vanish, split, etc... they literally jump through hoop after hoop to never acknowledge real death. Reincarnation would break that because that would be something they have to explore and I just don't see that happening. Especially given Nomura's track record who if he can make a clone of someone and get away with it he will.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
you know hayden voiced xion in BBS and DDD right?

Yeah, but at this point Alyson Stoner has done all the voice over work for Xion in Days itself, as well as the cinematic version of it, which is more than Hayden's done for her at all (as Hayden's only voiced two Xion lines, really).

I don't think it'd be any more fair to rip Alyson away from voicing Xion now (when the Days cinematic is the most recent Xion voice work, even), than it would to have Alyson replace Hayden as Kairi.

Hayden as done far more voicing for Kairi, and Alyson for Xion, than any other way...

And this reply is turning into a rambling mess (and I don't even know where I'm going with it anymore), so I'm going to shut up now and try (and fail) to go to sleep. LOL. :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really hope that when it comes down to it they hire Hayden for Kairi and Alyson for Xion. I know that Xion is meant to share Kairi's voice but I just feel like it'd only be right for both voice actresses to get a role.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Well, this trailer has been one big adventure.

Yen Sid looks pretty damn cool, I have to say. Riku and Kairi still look a little odd to me in the 0.2 segment, but I just assume that's down to the lighting, at this point; they don't quite look like they're meant to be in the same room. Mickey looks much better once he starts talking, though, so I imagine that the same will happen for Riku and Kairi, too. And I love the sheer attention to detail throughout the entire room; the cracks and scuffs on the walls and pots, the uneven texture of the stony floor, the sea of stars, and the screws holding the fabric onto Yen Sid's chair... the team have certainly gone out of their way to make it feel like an actual environment. The same can be said for the room being panned over for the Back Cover segment, which I find very interesting; I don't know much about Chi, and am waiting for Unchained to move west before I play it, but that's just because I don't want to have to use translation guides and jump through hoops to understand and play a game.

There's not as much to say about 3DHD, other than that it looks considerably prettier; they've definitely gone out of their way to improve the textures, which I can appreciate. Some of the models look a bit better, as well.

And then, of course, we have the juiciest part, which is the KHIII segment. The more I see it, the better it gets; I love watching Sora run around, Dodge Rolling, using magic and taking on enemies. It looks like they've given him additional field abilities, one of which looks a bit like Doubleflight. The environments are gorgeous, and the enemies all have a distinct look to them. Also, I'm so happy they brought back the Elemental enemies from the original game; as much of a pain as they were to fight back then because KH1's aerial combat was a bit iffy, I liked them a lot. The potential return of Tech is another huge plus, too! Sora's attacks look very fluid, but I hope that basic attacks function as they did in previous games - with Sora starting off with basic three-hit combos, and gradually gaining Abilities that increase the number of hits and allow for new types of attacks to be unleashed as the player progresses. I want to earn the right to use flashy combos, rather than just be given them right off the bat.
The return of Shotlocks... I'm not sure how I feel about that. They looked fine in the trailer, and never had much of a problem with them in Birth by Sleep, either. I just don't want them to be a mechanic that winds up being far stronger than basic attacks, and supersedes/makes them superfluous them as a result.
Oh, and also... does anyone else think that Sora's out-of-battle run is a bit too fast? It's the kind of run that says "Oh God, I can't miss the train, nonono!". It's not any sort of deal-breaker, obviously, but simply a insignificant nit-pick that I spotted.

As for this Rebirth theory... I don't particularly want to pay any mind to it. That's no offense to anyone who does, of course, or to the person who originally wrote it - I've read it several times, and think it's a good theory. But I'd rather not go putting all my eggs in one basket just because a bunch of voices sound the same as someone else's. If it turns out to be correct when official materials come to light that confirm such, then that's that. And if not, that's that too. I'd prefer not to go over-analyzing something we know so little about, and running around in a panic thinking that it's true purely based on voices. Theories, after all, are called such for a reason.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yen Sid looks pretty damn cool, I have to say. Riku and Kairi still look a little odd to me in the 0.2 segment, but I just assume that's down to the lighting, at this point; they don't quite look like they're meant to be in the same room. Mickey looks much better once he starts talking, though, so I imagine that the same will happen for Riku and Kairi, too.
It unfortunately features one of my biggest issues from DDD; characters standing motionless with a blank stare while Yen Sid talks. Combine that with unfinished textures and whatnot and the start of 0.2 looks a little bland. I have faith that the finished product will ship with it looking great, but I do fear that it might be rushed to meet a 2016 deadline.

And I love the sheer attention to detail throughout the entire room; the cracks and scuffs on the walls and pots, the uneven texture of the stony floor, the sea of stars, and the screws holding the fabric onto Yen Sid's chair... the team have certainly gone out of their way to make it feel like an actual environment.
I agree. I paused at one point and there's just so much detail to take in. A lot of care and attention has gone into creating this environment. Makes me wonder why they released a screenshot last month showing the worst part of Yen Sid's room when 180 degrees the other way had such beauty.

The same can be said for the room being panned over for the Back Cover segment, which I find very interesting; I don't know much about Chi, and am waiting for Unchained to move west before I play it, but that's just because I don't want to have to use translation guides and jump through hoops to understand and play a game.
If it helps, Sign got screencaps to show how faithful the 3D adaption of the room is from X;
CWj7mQuUAAENuaa.jpg:large

CWj7s7LVEAAVKuT.png:large

My only wish for Back Cover now (because I have faith that this will be an excellent movie) is I don't want the footage to just be dialogue over various camera angles on an empty room.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Poor Mickey, what have they done to your mouth?

Man, those models and the shading on those models isn't doing it for me at all. I thought my concern would be an early-dev concern, but I see no progress being made on that department. During battle everything looks fine, but the close-ups really take me out of it because of how the models look.

I liked the interaction between Sora and the environment, but that part in the waterfall didn't look all that good. Besides the weird animation loop, I'm guessing you can't control Sora in the river stream until he's landed at the bottom of the river again. Meaning: fall into it and you can't do shit about it, while enemies can probably still hit you. A potential game-breaking mechanic, if you ask me. Or at least a very annoying one). The lack of obvious flinching on the enemies' side also quite concerns me. I want to able to feel my hits. It's one of my concerns for Final Fantasy XV as well. I did notice an improvement on the animation when Sora enters the area with Rapunzel's Tower (there was a "stutter" in Sora's movement during that scene in the E3 trailer, which is now gone).

I liked the Shotlock and especially the way it looked. One thing they've really nailed in KH3 so far, are the particle effects. They look amazing. That and the environments that, for the most part, look gorgeous. There's already a lot going on gameplay-wise, though, so I hope they can mantain some sort of balance, because it looks quite overwhelming with all the mechanics showcased so far. It's gonna be a tough cookie balancing it out properly and making it feel as fluid as it should feel.

But yeah, I have some big concerns about the model-work and the animations. Hopefully by the next trailer we can see some progress on that end.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I just noticed that REVENGE VALUE is back.
I am so happy about that right now.

EDIT

I saw these in a video, and I don't know what to think about the heartless now...
Heartless #1
Heartless #2

Last edited:

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
D
I just noticed that REVENGE VALUE is back.
I am so happy about that right now.

EDIT

I saw these in a video, and I don't know what to think about the heartless now...
Heartless #1
Heartless #2

You mean this video?

[video=youtube;9Xv9scESDOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xv9scESDOk[/video]
I
It's a good video I recommend.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
That was interesting. I think one my biggest concern about III`s combat is the same thing that others have brought up, the flinching of enemies. Some of the enemies don`t flinch at all, and just suck up you hits. Some of the swings of the Keyblade aren`t enough heavy looking. I think the hits had a good balance with the trailer we had two years ago, but well maybe things when the game is developed further, and I still enjoyed DDD very much even thou the flinching was a bit off. Despite some of my concerns, the combat looks really cool. The areas are not flat and I am really liking that.

Some of the models still look little too plastic, but I think this is because the game is still being made.
When in 2.8 they zoomed to Riku and Kairi, in a way it shows how much we have progressed from the PS2 days. The models need some work, but I am still liking what I am seeing. Kairi and Riku looked like two breathing living persons. Little sad that we did not see Aqua gameplay or her face.

Back Cover looks very interesting. I am not sure how I feel about the Rebirth thing. At the same time it seems cool, but I feel like I have been spoiled now, but that is the fault of my own curiosity. I don`t know... I kinda hope it is not true, but that won`t ruin the game for me.

The visuals look freaking amazing! Like other have noticed there is a lot of detail in the game. To me that is a sign that the developers are really putting their heart and soul into the game, and that makes me very glad. All thou this has always been the case with KH games, so why change now. Yen Sid`s tower, my god that looked great.

So in a nutshell I could say that there are things that worry me a little, but there is a lot of stuff that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back