• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Jump Festa 2016 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix unveiled a brand new trailer for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue today at Jump Festa!

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Not much I can glean from the first half of the trailer (at least until it's properly translated), except to say that that's real nice-lookin' stained glass.

[Edit: Welp, speak of the devil.]

Everyone can have fun with the second half of the trailer, though. I like the way the Yellow Operas and Violet Waltz's have fancier hats, because a Final Fantasy Black Mage always upgrades their hat if they have a promoted form (Black Wizards in FFI, Maguses in FFIII).

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
The subbed one is up
[video=youtube;Sfw_r1UCPs0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfw_r1UCPs0[/video]

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It wasn't all that much but worth the wait nevertheless oh man those scythe enemies rocking that Marluxia style look amazing, can't wait to know more about them! The water part looked a bit weird but it is still in production so maybe it'll be fixed. All in all looking so good.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Is it me or did Kairi's hair get a quite a bit longer and besides that dem environments.

Hercules world looks amazing.Those waterfalls in the back looking great.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I was starting to go away from the video to login here, not realizing it also had KHIII footage in it, and boy am I glad I kept the video going and the sound on, so I could look back down and see the KHIII awesomeness!

OMG! Some of those new attacks look amazing! Absolutely amazing! And those water physics, this is what I'm here for people! OMG!:D

And as for the II.8 trailer, they sure spoiled a lot for Dream Drop Distance, but I can't say I really mind. And that part with Rinzler reaching for Sora's hand still brings about all the feels. The game also seems to be looking gorgeous to me, and I appreciate that they showed some of the ladies in the trailer for DDD;)

II.8... Kairi... she looks so gorgeous! -sobs forever- And I swear that her hair is longer. Yen Sid is also looking pretty hip in the new graphics.

And I'm for sure digging the 3D version stuff for Chi. That one location is looking especially nice. Also... do we have any idea on the Foretllers' VAs yet?:)

All in all, a great night (and Christmas gift), and I hope it'll make the fandom act less jaded now.

Edit: So it seems that we're all in agreement that Kairi's hair is longer, and that the Rebirth theory is true. Wow. Just wow. ASDFGHJKL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
There was some nice environmental interaction with soda in the water.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think KH3's combat looks kinda bad. The enemies have shitty flinch. :p hopefully it'll get better. The graphics look good

Crysaxel

Personally I think KH3 looks beautiful!
Its still has no release date yet which means theirs still a lot of work to do.
If it looks this nice now, I can't wait to see how gorgeous its going to look as a final product. Game-play looks like its going to be a ton of fun and I just can't get over how nice it looks overall.
So hyped to play all three of these titles!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This was everything I expected and more. 5 and a half minutes was more than enough, I was expecting like 3-3:30 minutes.

II.8 FCP looks gorgeous. Loving that Yen Sid and the Mysterious Tower sky is just gorgeous. Just wish we could have seen more of Aqua.

Back Cover looks exciting, and it's great that Grass' Rebirth theory is true.

KH3 looks excellent like always. Loving the shotlocks and Marluxia's Nobodies. I'm a bit sad that one of the Heartless' doesn't seem to be the Violet Waltz though (but it's certainly not that heartless from Days either lol)

There was some nice environmental interaction with soda in the water.
Ahhhhh a refreshing soda.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Is it me or did Kairi's hair get a quite a bit longer and besides that dem environments.

She's definitely got a revised model. I for one was drawn to her face. Though I still hope she gets a fully revised outfit in the future.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Well, that wasn't worth the wait. Disappointing. I was hoping for something new. Feels like Square just said, "Eh, they've gotten over it by now, just throw them the trailer and be done with it."

AFP's intro still irks me. Mickey basically says, "Oh, yeah, I found Aqua but didn't remember her till now! And I didn't try to rescue her either!" Sigh. I'm sure he did but still.

And I still don't share Square's enthusiasm for the lifeless, empty worlds of 3D. Oh boy, no persecuted people to rally around Quasimodo! Only thing I'm in for is The World That Never Was and the Xemnas boss battle. And the last cut scene movie literally put me to sleep.

And they want $50 for this. And no relevant III footage either. Hurry up, 2017, so we'll be another 10 years away from KH3.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Sora in the river was the worst part imo. Best part was probably the new Disney ride. The river part was so poorly animated.

Awards
I noticed that KH3's command menu changed color, and that it switched to shortcuts for magic and "Button" for the Shotlock/Flowmotion attacks.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And I'm for sure digging the 3D version stuff for Chi. That one location is looking especially nice. Also... do we have any idea on the Foretllers' VAs yet?:)

They're an exact match to the Rebirth theory :)

Unicornis / Riku: Mamoru Miyano
Anguis / Aqua: Megumi Toyoguchi
Ursus / Terra: Ryotaro Okiayu
Vulpes / Kairi: Risa Uchida
Leopardus / Ventus: Koki Uchiyama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back