• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Editorial ► Kingdom Hearts 2.5: Worlds of Possibilities

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think what we'll see in 2.5 is (obviously) KHIIFM, BbSFM, the cutscenes from Re:coded... and Dream Drop Distance.
Except the main credits for KH HD 1.5 showed scenes from KHIIFM, BbSFM and Re:coded. No Dream Drop Distance

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Except the main credits for KH HD 1.5 showed scenes from KHIIFM, BbSFM and Re:coded. No Dream Drop Distance
True as that may be, I wouldn't be too quick to assume those credits are more confirmation than teaser.

Now that I think about it, maybe they'll release a 3D HD​ through PSN. I could see that happening.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yeeeeeah, I don't see any of those additions/changes happening to KH2FM. At the most, it'd be nice to see TAV have capes, but that's really the only change I can see other than HD graphics and remastered soundtrack. The stuff like making 100 Acre Wood its own world in BBS, Buzz and Woody being summons, and other concepts that have been removed seems way too far fetched.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Agreed. They didn't add things that were legitimately cut from kh1 back in so it's safe to assume that if it wasn't on PSP or ps2, it won't be in the HD collections, with the exception of the really brand new stuff and maybe the capes(and slim possibility of other things like behemoths)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
True as that may be, I wouldn't be too quick to assume those credits are more confirmation than teaser.

Even if it was a confirmation, they could always make cutscenes and tack them on to the beginning of KH3 or make it like a readable journal on the main screen of KH3 if anything.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
3D HD being released through PSN doesn't really seem realistically pheasable at this point, since even though they used much of BBS's engine, it was still made for Nintendo 3DS and apart from Cutscenes, a lot would have to be changed. Not impossible, but improbable.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Obviously these were things that I'd love to see; I'm fully aware that they most likely won't happen, but since I was talking purely in hypotheticals when writing this I felt it would be great to really go all out on what I wanted.

KH2FM and BBSFM have enough added to them as it is that not much more could be done to make them greater; however, the additions I listed were there to demonstrate what else I'd love to see. Nothing more, nothing less.

No need to shit on my article for that.

Master Ventus

For Kingdom Hearts: Re Coded it think it would be a nice feature to add the Avatar Menu with of course exclusives in pre orders and for KH 2.5 HD ReMix.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv
For Kingdom Hearts: Re Coded it think it would be a nice feature to add the Avatar Menu with of course exclusives in pre orders and for KH 2.5 HD ReMix.

That would be a pretty cool idea, actually. Just not sure what use it would get; the Avatar Menu in the DS version was designed for Tag Mode capabilities and such, and as far as I'm aware there's nothing of the sort for the PS3.

Maybe an app for the Vita that would serve a similar purpose for those who also have 2.5 and a Vita?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I know it's been months, but I enjoyed the article Mirby!

One thing I wanted to mention was model updates. I'm not sure how prevalent they were in KH 1.5 besides SKR, but I would appreciate the main trio in BBS being given the same treatment, if not for sheer cosmetic reasons, to eradicate fish-face scenes. I know these things will become more noticeable / grating on a larger screen, and honestly, who wants to see HD Magikarping? It's like an oxymoron.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'll say I will be really happy to see updated models all around, especially for Aqua since she had the worst of the horrendous shoulder problems.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That would be a pretty cool idea, actually. Just not sure what use it would get; the Avatar Menu in the DS version was designed for Tag Mode capabilities and such, and as far as I'm aware there's nothing of the sort for the PS3.

Maybe an app for the Vita that would serve a similar purpose for those who also have 2.5 and a Vita?

Or an app that's not exclusive to the vita. I dont know how possible it would be to make droids and iOS devices compatible with it, though.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It would be great if they can put Data Xion in Cavern of Remembrance because...

In the Days HD Cinematics in 1.5 ReMIX, they don't show Roxas fighting Xion and they just skip to the scene where Roxas defeats her.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

In the Days HD Cinematics in 1.5 ReMIX, they don't show Roxas fighting Xion and they just skip to the scene where Roxas defeats her.

They don't show Rokustick either!

Yeah that's something I'd love to see. I'd also want some replica battles with the other main characters.

EVEN DATA MICKEY

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Good editorial, Mirby. Although, adding removed content such as Buzz, Woody, and the Jungle Book, would hurt more than it would help. I think the franchises such as Toy Story and Jungle Book should be kept for KH3, and be given big, no, HUGE representations. But that's another topic altogether. I think an upscaled BBS with a few video touch-ups (anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion) would be really enjoyable.
Yeah, adding removed content is just unrealistic. I dont expect much more than what they've done with 1.5 really, and that's a lot.

Edit: 2 months ago. Right.

Yeah!

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
As far as adding DDD into 2.5 goes, wouldn't it HAVE to be turned into cutscenes? The Reality Shifts wouldn't work on PS3, unless they somehow remapped it to the control sticks or something.

Gram

Banned
Awards
As far as adding DDD into 2.5 goes, wouldn't it HAVE to be turned into cutscenes? The Reality Shifts wouldn't work on PS3, unless they somehow remapped it to the control sticks or something.

I wouldn't HAVE to be but in it would certainly be put into cutscenes if it was added. Like days it'd have to be rebuild from the ground up for ps3 and they wouldn't do that with a recently released game to include it on a collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back