• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 remix thoughts?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yessir_23

Awards
How come a lot of people are suggesting that KH 2.5 could come with DDD's cutscenes? That would be like only having the cutscenes for Birth by Sleep! I've never played it, but I'm sure those who have will tell me that unlike KH Days it's a full KH game worthy of being ported to the PS3 in it's entirety.
It's kind of a stretch, that's why I believe the most likely alternative for KH2.5 would be KH2FM, KHBBSFM, and the cutscenes of re:Coded. I'd kind of prefer to have no DDD at all than just the cutscenes, because the latter would mean I have very little chance of actually playing the game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The reason they say cutscenes is because, not only is it a recent game, but the controls for it would be hard to change to a PS3.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The reason 358/2 Days is not playable in 1.5 HD ReMIX is because, according to Square Enix, it would take time away from developing the next title in the series. Since they've been madly hinting at us that KH3 is next, I doubt they would make a new game from scratch for 2.5 HD ReMIX.

Yessir_23

Awards
The reason they say cutscenes is because, not only is it a recent game, but the controls for it would be hard to change to a PS3.
True, it is recent, but I would say this is more a reason for a full port, because they would want a wider audience to see their most recent work. Similarly, Konami ported the relatively recent PSP game MGS Peace Walker to PS3 in the MGS HD collection.
The HD versions of the games will no doubt be considered the most 'complete' versions (new abilities, textures, HD graphics; for Days there are lots of new cutscenes and the rather unneccesary gameplay side has been removed). The gameplay of DDD is surely an important part of the game and is likely SE's favourite version of the KH combat. It wouldn't make sense to remove gameplay in the most 'compete' version of DDD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
However, can you even imagine playing KH3D when certain aspects of its gameplay were implemented specifically because it is on the 3DS? Playing with Dream Eaters or utilizing Flowmotion or Reality Shift?

Yessir_23

Awards
However, can you even imagine playing KH3D when certain aspects of its gameplay were implemented specifically because it is on the 3DS? Playing with Dream Eaters or utilizing Flowmotion or Reality Shift?
I've never actually played DDD, so I don't really know how it would play out on PS3. However, I'd hate for that to be a deterrent from porting to PS3.
As for playing with Dream Eaters, that seems kinda... gimmicky. Well, very gimmicky, actually. I'm sure that wouldn't be missed if it didn't make the cut.
I'm just hoping they decide to keep the Mirage Arena for BBS.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've never actually played DDD, so I don't really know how it would play out on PS3. However, I'd hate for that to be a deterrent from porting to PS3.

Well that explains everything.

As for playing with Dream Eaters, that seems kinda... gimmicky. Well, very gimmicky, actually. I'm sure that wouldn't be missed if it didn't make the cut.

They're definitely not liked by everyone, but I guess it's just something you have to experience firsthand then before making assumptions.

I'm just hoping they decide to keep the Mirage Arena for BBS.

I see no reason why they would remove it. Maybe they'll throw us a surprise and include His Majesty in there like he was originally meant to be ;D

State

Awards
I think it would be extremely WEIRD to pet my Meow Wow with an analog stick instead of a stylus, but that's just me~

Yessir_23

Awards
Maybe they will use PS Move to replace the touch screen lololol
Hah, that's an idea!
Actually, I'd like to see the game make a transition from 3DS to 3D with glasses on a big screen, although if this was likely they probably would have already included 3D support for 1.5.

State

Awards
I don't have anything against having Move support on KH games for the PS3, but they first should consider doing a market research of how many PS3 owners have a Move and have the option of normal play or Move support play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back