• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5 Contains II, Birth by Sleep and coded?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pestilence

Awards
How and with what team? Their Osaka team didn't really get free until last year, and up until 2012 they had been developing KH games.

I am talking about the original Final Mix releases of the games. Square treated western fans like dirt (especially EU fans with no release of re:CoM and crap versions of the games) while many, many publishers released the directors cut versions in every territory with lesser franchises. Of course people will emulate the games when fans do all the work for them. If it means lesser sales for SE since for example KH2FM translation is still quite recent then they only have themselves to blame.

Also emulation has nothing to do with piracy. The thing is that even those who make the legal purchases of FM games before ripping/patching them are giving money to the japanese release of the game, not the western release. Tho I have no doubt that the most hardcore fans will get everything anyway.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
What matters more is that Square Enix is trying to release the Final Mix content overseas with the HD ReMIXs. (and that Europe is finally being able to play Re:Chain of Memories) While I do have my complaints for being left out of extra content, I'm glad they're finally trying to do something about it now.

The original Japanese version of the games didn't had the same amount of content as the overseas versions so they tried to make it up by making a Final Mix version for Japan. They're building the games under a scheduled time frame and they usually have left over data such as Jungle Book, Toy Story, Pinocchio's World, etc.

Pestilence

Awards
What matters more is that Square Enix is trying to release the Final Mix content overseas with the HD ReMIXs. (and that Europe is finally being able to play Re:Chain of Memories) While I do have my complaints for being left out of extra content, I'm glad they're finally trying to do something about it now.

The original Japanese version of the games didn't had the same amount of content as the overseas versions so they tried to make it up by making a Final Mix version for Japan. They're building the games under a scheduled time frame and they usually have left over data such as Jungle Book, Toy Story, Pinocchio's World, etc.
Kingdom Hearts 2 had exactly the same content... with the exeption that they censored the western release. There is no excuse for them to not release Final Mixes in the west anyway. The only way I could accept it is if they released one and it did terribly in the sales.

If small fries like Atlus can do 2 releases of Persona 3, a game with muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch lesser sales than Kingdom Hearts then I think anyone will have hard time convincing me that a giant like SE couldn't do a localization of a finished game where most of the localization was done anyway.

Also Square should not be commended for releasing the Final Mixes in HD collections because it would be more work for them to change them to original western versions. It is to be expected.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If small fries like Atlus can do 2 releases of Persona 3, a game with muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch lesser sales than Kingdom Hearts then I think anyone will have hard time convincing me that a giant like SE couldn't do a localization of a finished game where most of the localization was done anyway.

It is because Atlus is a small company that they can re-release their games and still get their ideal sales numbers. Square Enix, because they are considered an AAA developer, aim for huge sales numbers and they aren't really the smartest company when it comes to localizations and releases.

Pestilence

Awards
It is because Atlus is a small company that they can re-release their games and still get their ideal sales numbers. Square Enix, because they are considered an AAA developer, aim for huge sales numbers and they aren't really the smartest company when it comes to localizations and releases.
Ok fair enough. I still bought Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 special editions (Konami did it with a smaller franchise too: Silent Hill 2 director's cut) , why didn't I get to do the same with KH? I know SE is after bigger fish but I will call them out when they are doing a bad job especially compared to other publishers. There are many publishers that do cool things for the fans even if it doesn't make them huge piles of money. And Square certainly doesn't go the extra mile so shame on them.

Man now I am reminded how awesome Konami used to be. They have fallen so low nowdays :(.

Also I bet you that every single final mix release would have outsold stuff like Final Fantasy Theathrythm in the west.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hey, at least we're getting it now instead of never ever.

Also I bet you that every single final mix release would have outsold stuff like Final Fantasy Theathrythm in the west.
I thought you liked FFT, you know, considering;

Chrsora

Well, the serie's producer Shinji Hashimoto said in an interview that :"If everyone plays 1.5 HD ReMix, if everyone likes it and everyone supports us, then 2.5 HD ReMix could happen".
So i am guessing theres a big possibility they will do it, if everything goes fine with KH 1.5 ReMix.

Now the thing that buzzes me is that, Nomura is already working on two big projects (KH3, FF15), and that will be very dificult for him to work on a third one. That reduces the posibility of them, releasing it before KH3.

But If they end up doing it, that would be great! I would like to replay the KH series in HD before playing KH3. Moreover, all that wait won't be that heavy.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Well, the serie's producer Shinji Hashimoto said in an interview that :"If everyone plays 1.5 HD ReMix, if everyone likes it and everyone supports us, then 2.5 HD ReMix could happen".
So i am guessing theres a big possibility they will do it, if everything goes fine with KH 1.5 ReMix.

Now the thing that buzzes me is that, Nomura is already working on two big projects (KH3, FF15), and that will be very dificult for him to work on a third one. That reduces the posibility of them, releasing it before KH3.

But If they end up doing it, that would be great! I would like to replay the KH series in HD before playing KH3. Moreover, all that wait won't be that heavy.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, FF15 should be fairly far along at this point and the team working on FF15 is different from the one working on KH3 and 2.5 anyway. Before this Nomura was asked in an interview is 2.5 would happen and he said he thought it would be strange (paraphrasing) if it didn't. Hashimoto is just putting his business skills to work, trying to coax people into buying 1.5.

Chrsora

I wouldn't worry too much about it, FF15 should be fairly far along at this point and the team working on FF15 is different from the one working on KH3 and 2.5 anyway. Before this Nomura was asked in an interview is 2.5 would happen and he said he thought it would be strange (paraphrasing) if it didn't. Hashimoto is just putting his business skills to work, trying to coax people into buying 1.5.

Yeah, that makes sense. And i believe they should announce KH 2.5 in 2014, because KH3 is going to take a while (2015 - 2016, the least). So they can give time for people to buy it and play it. Furthermore, the next Gen. consoles are coming up and mostly everyone will start focusing on them.

So they have to get themselves worked up, and deliver KH 2.5 before ''time runs -out'' for PS3(Sounds a bit to much but...), and PS4 hit the stores for good. Because not so many people will go back and spend more money on a PS3 game, rather than a Next Gen. one.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Oh we're definitely getting 2.5 If they actually were unsure about making a second remaster, Hashimoto would have referred to it as just that, rather than the specific name. He really only made that comment to promote 1.5.

If Nomura became too busy with one project or the other, or even something else completely unrelated, Tabata and Yasue would be more than capable to take charge.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Yeah, Hashimoto is just making sure 1.5 sells good. I'm fairly certain we'll see 2.5 before years end, Otherwise, I'd expect 2.5 in 2015 and KH3 2016-2017 or so. Even if Nomura is completely occupied with both FFXV and KH3, there are others who could take charge of 2.5.

Chrsora

If Nomura became too busy with one project or the other, or even something else completely unrelated, Tabata and Yasue would be more than capable to take charge.

Well, i am not sure how they are going to pull this off. I just don't want them to rush it all up now that they finally took the decision to start developing KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, i am not sure how they are going to pull this off. I just don't want them to rush it all up now that they finally took the decision to start developing KH3.

The decision to start working on KH3 probably was made a long time ago. They've been going a bunch of pre-development skeletal work for awhile now...As it stands, Yasue is probably spending more time on KH3 than Nomura is.

1.5 had only been worked on by a VERY VERY small group of people, mainly a bunch of planners and a few programmers. A remaster is a project that doesn't require a director to stand over it every second, and it was Yasue that probably spent most of his time overseeing it than Nomura since he has definitely been spending his time in Tokyo working on FFXV and traveling to do interviews and whatnot.

2.5 probably has the same small team from 1.5 working on it, maybe more or less depending on what they need to get done, so this isn't a huge undertaking for them. This would also be overseen by Yasue in Osaka, with Nomura in Tokyo mainly approving/disapproving things over video chat and emails and telling them what they need to get done and what is expected of them.

And if Nomura has to leave to do something in Osaka, Tabata is there to keep an eye on FFXV since he's director as well.

2.5 will come before KH3. There are over 300 people working on KH3, and maybe a max of 15 at any given time working on 2.5. 1.5 was made in two years with that small team mainly because they had to rebuild KH1FM. The data for the games in 2.5 shouldn't be lost or corrupted like KH1FM was. They probably started working on 2.5 before 1.5 was even released. We'll probably hear about it before the year ends and see it sometimes in the next.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Unless they are upgrading a lot of the models and stuff in Birth by Sleep (please do this), then it shouldn't be as hard a task as 1.5 was when they didn't have the data from KH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back