• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Boxart Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

After months of waiting and anticipation the official Box Art for Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- has been revealed. Drawn by Series Director Tetsuya Nomura, the cover features Master Xehanort, Xemnas, and Ansem SoD overlooking the protagonists Sora, Riku, Mickey, Roxas, Donald, Goofy, Terra, Aqua and Ventus.

This boxart perfectly captures the feeling of these games leading up to the massively anticipated Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Kingsom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- releases in Japan on October 2nd 2014 with the single game and various collectors editions. The game will release in North America on December 2nd 2014. An official collectors edition is yet to be announced for Western regions. 

You can view images of the various collectors editions below, as well as the exclusive Limit Form Sora Play Art Kai.

Source: Official Website

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
THAT'S the boxart?

Oh man.

It's so good. I really love how everything's pulled together here, rather than segmented off like 1.5's boxart was.

Also, the text,「キングダムハーツIIIへと繋がる壮大な物語がより美しいグラフィックでよみがえる」reads something like "The grand story leading to KINGDOM HEARTS III is brought back in more beautiful graphics."

Last edited:

Shinra

Banned
Awards
does anyone think that MX's face looks just plain weird? also I think they should have made room for putting Earth shaker, Rainfell, and wayward wind alongside the other keyblades? aside from those two minor qualms it's pretty solid

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I really dig that one.

Especially Mickey's and Master Xehanort's expressions are hilarious.
Mickey's like "meh, I'm sick of this" and MX is like "herp derp I'm insane" with that oversized left eye.

One thing I notice though is that Riku (KH 2) is missing, as the two left beside Aqua are Data-Sora and Data-Riku/Jiminy's Journal.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Master Xehanort looks like he could be a pedophile.

Love the fact Ven is half asleep though.

One thing I notice though is that Riku (KH 2) is missing, as the two left beside Aqua are Data-Sora and Data-Riku/Jiminy's Journal.

Sephiroth, technically Riku is standing there behind MX, cause Ansem SoD (the actual one) doesn't appear in any of the 2.5 games :tongue:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Nomura, you sly mofo~

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the box art yet. Most of the characters look kind of lost, like they were wondering around high and don't know how they got there. I don't know if I like it or not.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I HAVE TO WORK IN A FEW HOURS I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW BUT THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Interesting with the exception of Master Xehanort's Keyblade, Vanitas' Void Gear and Data-Sora's Zero/One only KHII keyblades are shown.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Bsu6WtrCIAAg3as.jpg

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Master Xehanort looks like he could be a pedophile.

Love the fact Ven is half asleep though.

Sephiroth, technically Riku is standing there behind MX, cause Ansem SoD (the actual one) doesn't appear in any of the 2.5 games :tongue:

Wasn't this already heavily implied/theorized ever since BBS came out, lol?
This way of depicting MX however does indeed strongly imply that he has a few screws loose...*ggg*.

Yep, that's actually a neat double reminder of Ven's state when his heart was first damaged (as shown in the flashback where Terra and Aqua first meet him) and when it was damaged the second time at the end of his story.

Well played, that could indeed be it as Riku has this appearance for most of KH 2.

Nomura, you sly mofo~

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about the box art yet. Most of the characters look kind of lost, like they were wondering around high and don't know how they got there. I don't know if I like it or not.

Kehehehe, soo typical.

I like it definitely better than the one for 1.5, as this one looks really like one piece and not three parts stuck together. Although I do find the symmetry a bit off as there's no one beside Roxas and Mickey each (or on the other side there is one character too much each).
Maybe Mickey should have been put down beside Roxas and the Data-guys left and right with Aqua in the middle.

Interesting with the exception of Master Xehanort's Keyblade, Vanitas' Void Gear and Data-Sora's Zero/One only KHII keyblades are shown.
Eraqus' Keyblade is there too, between Fenrir and Destiny's Embrace.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Mixed feelings... Gonna have to process it. Some parts of it look rushed.

Master Xehanort... eww

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Those bundles are gorgeous.

And they both have their own art on the discs!

I have the sudden urge to order both.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've seen some people state they want to only see the english box art, which is weird because it will look the same. It should drop between a few hours from now and a few months so keep doing what you've been doing so far with presenting sacrifices.
Bsu1UhMCIAAp9K5.jpg:large

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I've seen some people state they want to only see the english box art, which is weird because it will look the same. It should drop between a few hours from now and a few months so keep doing what you've been doing so far with presenting sacrifices.
Bsu1UhMCIAAp9K5.jpg:large

I'm not sure if to make a Family Guy Hubert joke, a DBZA joke, or a pedobear joke with MX's face.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The collector's editions are amazing. I like the disc artwork on both but the 3-disc collection wins IMO. If we don't get it here I am seriously considering importing (wait.. this is Square exclusive? Damn you Square! :mad:).

The music disc is a bit of a disappointment. Only 47 pieces? Also, is Google translate correct? Did they include the KH 2 tracks twice (original/remastered)?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I personally think it feels a little cluttered and Data Sora/Riku lacks detail in comparison to the rest of the characters. Other than that, I really like the BBS portion and Sora/Roxas.

Yamuraiha

Awards
I like the boxart a lot .. Donald and Goofy's position looks a little weird though next to Sora. And the Keyblades are a little too much.
Is there only going to be the collectors edition though? I wonder if it's like the limited one for 1.5 with the book..

Last edited:

Heartkeeper

Awards
I don't know how I feel about it ,I like the idea, but Mickey, Goofy and MX look weird and the middle section with the Bbs characters looks wierd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back