• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Artbook?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatrick

Hey i was wondering what do you guys think about if it will be a artbook edition with this remix as well comment everything you guys think of the idea with a art-book
Plz no haters

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Art-book?

I hope so.

And I hope it's in the same fashion as 1.5 (though I would love a proper case) for consistency.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

If we get another artbook, the game better have an actual case.

I stole a regular case from one of my jobs so I could have one because my OCD is strong. I am a bad person.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Wow, it seems I'm among the minority who, at least kind of, liked the artbook-cross-case.

As for the content itself, I'd let out a very, very unmanly squeal if there are Nomura's face expression doodles, especially those of TAV. I loved the summon and Keyblade concept arts, too, and I hope they make their reappearance should 2.5 come with an artbook. Oh, and one more thing that would make my life complete: the concept arts and a number of details about TAV's suits of armour.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

If we get another artbook, the game better have an actual case.

I stole a regular case from one of my jobs so I could have one because my OCD is strong. I am a bad person.

I agree with this. However, I caved and just bought another copy of the regular game. I had no opportunity to swipe one, lol.

I really do hope that we get another artbook. And if it doesn't have a case, then I'll just buy two like I did last time. More support for KH.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

I really, really hope there's an artbook for II.5 (especially since this one has arguably more content than I.5), but I just have the feeling it was strictly for I.5:/

However, if we do get one, I hope it's somewhat better than the last one. Like, if they had some of the art shown at D23 in it, I might just die of happiness:) Really, I don't even know what happened with the I.5 artbook, though I do like it, but... didn't they show a different one in the trailers, I think?

Also, I actually didn't mind the game case/artbook at all, and rather enjoyed it a lot, but I wouldn't mind if they were separated in II.5, either. I'm on the fence about this, actually. On one hand, I'd love to put the artbook on my book shelf, but on the other... I want it to be like the I.5 one for consistency sake. IDK.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

And I hope it's in the same fashion as 1.5 (though I would love a proper case) for consistency.

Unfortunately, I agree. Only for consistency's sake, with clips inside to hold the fliers/manual, etc. But filled with actual, rare concept art - no computer rendered crap found all over the place in strategy guides. The design seemed kindof rushed this go around.

Of coarse, if they did make a separate book for it, I would buy it anyways, so it really doesn't matter.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Unfortunately, I agree. Only for consistency's sake, with clips inside to hold the fliers/manual, etc. But filled with actual, rare concept art - no computer rendered crap found all over the place in strategy guides. The design seemed kindof rushed this go around.

Of coarse, if they did make a separate book for it, I would buy it anyways, so it really doesn't matter.
Agree with all of this. The artbook really was a nice pre-order bonus, and I liked how the physical game fit into the book because it helps me to think that the artbook I'll probably not look at very much isn't just clutter I'll have to get rid of some day. It's essential! :>

But we need better art, and better care needs to be taken with the design. One of my friends got her artbook only to find the pages were printed wrong and everything was skewed diagonally, with some content cut off from the page, or running into the binding. I know that's more of a manufacturing error, but still, it adds to the impression that 1.5 was a bit of a rush job. Not good. :x

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I hope they do have an artbook just for consistency sake. I'm going to have OCD problems just thinking about how different the boxes for 1.5 and 2.5 are haha. I would love to see Nomura's storyboard sketches for BBS in the artbook.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I also agree with all of this but sadly, if it does happen (which it really, REALLY should) I'm not expecting any great art. Given there is far more concept art (that we've seen) for KH1 than any other game, I think they'll probably stick to mostly old stuff and save it for an artbook post-KH3.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I also agree with all of this but sadly, if it does happen (which it really, REALLY should) I'm not expecting any great art. Given there is far more concept art (that we've seen) for KH1 than any other game, I think they'll probably stick to mostly old stuff and save it for an artbook post-KH3.

If there is a II.5 artbook, they'll probably just copy-paste the BBS artbook. And everyone will hate it, except me :p

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If there is a II.5 artbook, they'll probably just copy-paste the BBS artbook. And everyone will hate it, except me :p

There's an artbook for BBS? I just knew such a thing exists.

Add me into the list of people who won't hate it. :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

All it was was renders of the characters that were already available online.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I certainly don't hate it, but most people do because, like Chaser said, about 80% was just character renders. There was a little bit of concept art from the worlds, a few promotional images, and some pre-rendered eye candy stuff, but there weren't any sketches or storyboards or keyblades or anything. So, most people thought it was lame. Don't know why but I still thought it was cool. The I.5 artbook is way way way better though, even though it's only half as long as the BBS one.

Therefore, a II.5 artbook would presumably be even sexier than the I.5 one. So, I'm really hoping they do that again.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I can imagine the artbook using the old KH2 menu art and having things like the city monster among other things.

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
ooo i really hope they bring in another Artbook. A tad bit bigger or more pages.
It felt like the last one was leaving out some juicy concept art.

It would be great if when you buy the game it comes with an extra case so you
have the odd book and cd in one case and a not necessarily metallic case but
something cool.

I'm so afraid to open my book sometimes cause i feel it will rip

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
1.5's artbook does have an interesting, detailed concept art for Tink's summon animation on the back cover, but it's way too large to fit into one page and is clipped off. It's also nowhere in the book itself, too bad. :(

I'm so afraid to open my book sometimes cause i feel it will rip

This is what I feel every time I flip through the pages. It's as though the spine could break any second if I'm not careful. XD

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
I have a feeling the art book was just screen shots and pictures
taken of actual pictures in a lazy move to show more. Thats one
thing I hope to not see if they do a new one. The Think summon
was a let down when I looked through the whole book for more.

It's like the book is meant to be on display and thats it XD

morgancb35

I always loved the bonus art books in games. I hope they do add that but make it an actual book not part of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back