• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts #11 on GI's Top 25 games that defined PS2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyoj06

Website
www.freewebs.com
so last time i created a post, i got banned for not using search tool. well this time i did, and i came up with nothing

in the latest GI (Batman Arkham Asylum Cover), there is an article for games that defined the PS2 generation on page 112-113. Well, KH Series made number 11. Yay

check it out if you get the chance

C

Colours

That mean kh is good. Enoupgh for alot of people. Wee. I am just glad people like kh for it to be on the list. It should be 1 or two.

Does this count for one and two or just kh1?

He meant both, and you should check your grammer.It's Enough. lawlz

yoyoj06

Website
www.freewebs.com
they are all games that defined a gneration, i think kh series is in a good spot. kh didnt define our genreation like the top 10 did.here was the top 10
1. GTA Series
2. Metal Gear Solid Series
3. resident evil 4
4. godof war series
5. final fantasy x and xii
6. guitar hero series
7. gran turismo series
8. rachet and clank series
9. tony hawk pro skater 3
10. dvil may cry 1 and 3
11. kingdom hearts series
12. madden nfl series

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I don't feel at all that GTA deserve to be the #1 game defining our generation.
Makes me cry that wonderful game as Xenosaga, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, are forgotten in...

A

Azrael

they are all games that defined a gneration, i think kh series is in a good spot. kh didnt define our genreation like the top 10 did.here was the top 10
1. GTA Series
2. Metal Gear Solid Series
3. resident evil 4
4. godof war series
5. final fantasy x and xii
6. guitar hero series
7. gran turismo series
8. rachet and clank series
9. tony hawk pro skater 3
10. dvil may cry 1 and 3
11. kingdom hearts series
12. madden nfl series

Kingdom Heart series as a whole was good in that it proved to be a successful mix of Final Fantasy cameos and theme with a Disney-composed universe.

I'm glad that Devil May Cry and God of War were mentioned in the list.

yoyoj06

Website
www.freewebs.com
for those upsert with gta being number one, it rightfully deserves it. when gta came out, it was the first "free roaming/open world" game. the things you were able to do in it were unthinkable at the time. just because you dont like it doesnt mean it doesnt deserve number 1

Ren

adios motherfucker
Compared to other PS2 rpgs, the KH series pretty much takes the cake. 'Specially graphics-wise.
I tend to not trust rankings because video games are really a matter of who you are and what you like.
Still, it's no surprise that KH is regarded as defining the PS2 :)

Ren

adios motherfucker
er...I dunno about that...
Final Fantasy blows it out of the water, imho.

And this is what I meant by conflicting opinions. :/

I liked Final Fantasy, but it's been around for so long that it's not so impressive anymore, despite the graphics. It's simply what's expected of the cream of the crop.
I will probably continue to like it just as much as KH, but it's losing its charm.
KH continues to bring in new gameplay dynamics and a universe that's more in depth than Final Fantasy, imo.

I won't deny that I believe FF13/Versus will define the PS3, though. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back