• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary (What SHOULD Happen)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doxyc XV

So here's a thought. Kingdom Hearts 10th Anniversary is coming in 2012. So what if they release a KH Collection for PS3 Containing KH BBS,KH1,KH RE:COM,and KH2. There could also be a bonus disc containing all the cutscenes from Days and RE:Coded All games would have HD graphics, and KH BBS,KH1, and KH2 would be the Final Mixes. Nomura already said we wouldn't be seeing KH3 for 2012 so what better way to celebrate then to release something like this for all countries. Besides let's face it I think we deserve this after how supportive we've been of this series. I think this would be a great way to not only please veteran fans but also get newer fans into the series. So what do you think of this?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
its been said a dozen times

but if there is a collection, it will mst likely only hold KH KH2 and maybe ReCom

whether they are the final mixes, it depends if nomura doesnt want to be lazy

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If they do this I want the option for the new revamped battle system for kh1 and kh2. Not gonna happen but meh, I can dream.

I think that they should all have Deck Commands replacing the current I, II and Chain of Memories Battle System.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I think that they should all have Deck Commands replacing the current I, II and Chain of Memories Battle System.

That's a horrible idea. For one thing, CoM's battle system is actually part of the story, and replacing the battle system for one and two wouldn't be good because I actually like the original battle system.

Maxyli138

That would be a dream come true for me. But it's unlikely that the final mix versions would be there. Probably just the regular games instead. All we can do is hope and wish...sigh

And I probably couldn't get it if it came out for the 10th anniversary until I was years older. Trying to imagine buying a collection like that is quite painful. I would go broke.

KHHacker6595

Ok first of all if it was the final mixes it would screw up the story, mostly because of the Heartless coloring. I want a HD Remastered Collection of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II with a teaser for Kingdom Hearts III. If the Heartless coloring was in its final mix form for KHI and KHII then Re:Com would be wierd because the coloring would be different and its basically sora's memories so it should be the same. I'm very OCD, so that little detail would be a problem for me.

Dross263

I pray 20 hours a day so that this may come true, though I don't see them putting BBS in a collection disk, since they'd have to port from PSP to PS3, it may be possible, but I dunno.

And incluiding the Final Mixes content would be pretty posible since that'd give them more sales, and they can port directly from the Final Mix (I think?)

But I don't think that's gonna happen, since 3D or the mystery game (BBS V2?) may come out in 2012, so yeah they'll pretty much cover up the anyversary with that ú__ú.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ok first of all if it was the final mixes it would screw up the story, mostly because of the Heartless coloring. I want a HD Remastered Collection of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II with a teaser for Kingdom Hearts III. If the Heartless coloring was in its final mix form for KHI and KHII then Re:Com would be wierd because the coloring would be different and its basically sora's memories so it should be the same. I'm very OCD, so that little detail would be a problem for me.

Well than it wouldn't hurt them to edit the coloring in either Kingdom Hearts I and II or RE: Chain of Memories.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Ah, I love it when there are thousands upon thousands of threads that say the exact same thing. Sorry if this sounds rude...

Anyway, the way I see it, the KH 10th Anniversary game will most likely be BBS Vol 2.

Gram

Banned
Awards
all i really want is a kh1 for ps3, not fond of kh2 and i doubt they'll re remake CoM.
tho a disc covering the story thus far would be nice.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
All games would have HD graphics, and KH BBS,KH1, and KH2 would be the Final Mixes.
If you want them to take the time to make all the games in proper HD, that will take at least a year, further delaying completion of Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3. The graphical quality of Kingdom Hearts 2, for example, is fairly impressive when it's not restricted by the quality of its connection to the television. Playing Kingdom Hearts 2 on a compatible Playstation 3 does not improve the graphical quality of the game itself, but through and HDMI connection, the display quality is greatly improved. Those who've played Kingdom Hearts 2 on a computer and successfully emulated (such as KHI member Dogenzaka) are well aware of how good Kingdom Hearts 2 can look with zero actual editing of game data.
If a collection will be produced, what we should hopefully see is Kingdom Hearts 2's graphics engine applied across all of the games that are in the collection.
Nomura already said we wouldn't be seeing KH3 for 2012 so what better way to celebrate then to release something like this for all countries.
As stated before, developing a Kingdom Hearts collection would take a year or more to complete, which in turn would delay the development for Kingdom Hearts 3. Do the benefits of a Kingdom Hearts collection - which doesn't actually offer anything we haven't already seen, save for a possible Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer - outweigh the delay it will have on Kingdom Hearts 3?
Besides let's face it I think we deserve this after how supportive we've been of this series.
Erm, no. The fact that we keep getting games is our reward for supporting the series. Besides, while some of us may want it, is there a key faction within those that want it who are willing to wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 in order to receive a collection? Is it right that that group alone should be listened to, and have the entire fanbase impacted upon and having to wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 simply because a small number wanted a collection that badly?
I think this would be a great way to not only please veteran fans but also get newer fans into the series. So what do you think of this?
Most fans who've been with Kingdom Hearts since its inception no longer care too greatly for the series, and they don't care for what a collection has to offer. It's a good way to make more money and draw in new fans, though. That's certain.
If they do this I want the option for the new revamped battle system for kh1 and kh2. Not gonna happen but meh, I can dream.
Then it becomes more like a revamp than a collection. Besides, the battle system of Kingdom Hearts 1 was pleasantly challenging and realistic compared to its sequel. In Kingdom Hearts, the length and size of your Keyblade impacted upon how quickly you could attack, whereas Kingdom Hearts 2 bastardised things and made every Keyblade, however short or long, however skinny or fat, swing about as though it were a feather.
As said, that would be a bad idea for Chain of Memories. The card gameplay is inherent to the story, and is something that cannot be removed from the game without changing it at its very core. It's a bad idea.
Ok first of all if it was the final mixes it would screw up the story, mostly because of the Heartless coloring.
How does the Heartless colouring impact the most upon what the Final Mixes offer? This makes absolutely zero sense, the colours of Heartless don't have any influence on the story.
I want a HD Remastered Collection of Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain Of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II with a teaser for Kingdom Hearts III.
A high-definition remastering of just the console entries will take a year or more. That's another year's wait for Kingdom Hearts 3. Are you fine with that?
If the Heartless coloring was in its final mix form for KHI and KHII then Re:Com would be wierd because the coloring would be different and its basically sora's memories so it should be the same. I'm very OCD, so that little detail would be a problem for me.
It's still pretty inconsequential, but they can just change the colours of the Heartless across all three games.

Lord betrayus

Website
m.www.yahoo.com
That`s why I said option. I wouldn`t want people to be forced to use it if they prefer the classic style. I am curious to see the games in KH2 graphics engine. That would look nice on my t.v. Why would the length and size of the keyblade be an issue with the command system? Also if they updated the games I would love it if they fixed the few issues we have with typos in KH2.

axel95

Awards
What I would actually like to see is after KH3 comes out, they release a collection of KH1FM, KH2FM, and KH3FM (as disappointing as KH3FM is it's gonna happen) with a extended preview of the next saga (let's face it, KH3 will probably have a secret ending hinting at the next saga). I know the chances are slim of getting the FMs but I can still hope.

Xammag

No one owes YOU anything on an anniversary. Most franchises give out gifts or special editions of games and merchandise to:

a) celebrate
b) make more money
c) thank those who have been with them through it all (the fans)

IF you get something, you should enjoy the fact you got it. And one of the things about anniversaries is that it is them giving back to their fans.

Just let it happen.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Unattainable Dreams Are The Best Kind.

Meh, I already have the Final Mixes (not BBS yet, too expensive for whatever reason) and don't care much about remastering anything.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
I think new artwork would be doable for an anniversary event-thing. Like, new artwork of the Organization members or a poster or two. Or an anthology of Kingdom Hearts short stories that are added to the canon.

A collection of games seems ridiculous, if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back