• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5: The Three Missing Heroes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The Most Depressing Character So Far

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Looks like things are starting to get even worse. I still think Xehanort still has something up his sleeve (even if he's probably Ansem and Xemnas by now). That, and there's Young Xehanort hopping around the timeline.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
(I am starting school Monday. Oh joy, I am anxious about it, but I decided to work on chapter eighteen. I hope you guys like it).

Chapter 18

~The Enigmatic Redhead~

Viento's POV

The world around me is disappearing. I managed to beat the hag aka the Evil Queen. Her second death was just as gruesome as the first. The redhead girl, who upon closer inspection has tan skinned and a cat-like appearance smiled at me. Her canines along with her lips widened into a ghastly grin. She cracked her whip against my left eye.

It hurts! OH MAN, it hurts! The girl just smiled as she just left. I wanted to follow after her, but I couldn't because she threw somebody into me. We tumbled down the hill or what used to be a hill. "Ugh," I heard the figure groaned.

I opened my eye, the one that wasn't hurt by the cat-girl's whip. "GRUMPY!" my voice faltered as I managed to get up and place the usually unpleasant dwarf to the side. He was not in any good shape and he was worst off than me. I could tell that he was dying; that image will forever haunt me.

"Grumpy, what happened?!" I tried to ask in the most calm voice I could muster.

Grumpy just narrowed his eyes at me and he could barely move due to all the blood leaking from his chest. "The others, that girl...got 'em!"

Grumpy fell back down as I caught him with my hands. His body dissipated in fragments of broken silver lights. I felt tears trickle down both my eyes. "GRUMPY!" I shouted as I watched the last remnants of light soar up to the charcoal-gray sky.

I stood up with my keyblade at my side. "Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Doc, Bashful, and Sleepy; I'll find some way to bring you back, I promise!"

With that promise said, the world around me crashed and vanished. I now stood floating in space. It was so cold, so lonely, so terrifying, and so miserable. "Am I going to die?" I thought.

But, I shrugged the thought off, I only had a few seconds of oxygen left. A radiant light enveloped me and a adolescent man that looked like a dog with floppy, black eyes stared at me. He whispered, "It's going to be okay! We'll take you back to our king!" The pooch cocked his head sideways and shouted an order, "PJ, START THE ENGINE! GET US BACK TO DISNEY CASTLE, PRONTO!"

"Yes sir, Captain Maxey!"

Whatever I was in took off and I fainted.

Suello's POV

I don't know how it happened, but I am back at my full height of 5'8". I owe it to Cinderella's fairy god mother. The lavender-cloaked, old maiden was nice and she even gave me a new keychain. I hooked it onto the chain at the end of the hilt of my keyblade. My keyblade was enveloped in a brilliant, gold light and it completely changed.

The blade was pumpkin orange and it spiked out like a bunch of thorns. The hilt was rectangular and had the faces of Gus and all of Cinderella's rodent and bird friends emblazoned on it in silver. The keychain was round, plump and shaped like a pumpkin. "Pumpkin of Demise," I heard the old godmother whisper.

Her eyes were tight and narrowed as she looked at the keyblade. I looked up at her. "How did you know about the keyblade and the name of this one?"

The fairly godmother turned away from me and before disappearing in a ball of lavender light, "He came and dropped this keychain!"

The lady was already gone and my master's name was the first to come up, "Master Sven?"

I had no reply, but looking closely pass the faces of the birds and the mice. I saw the name Xen. The same Xen that I had always went to school with and the master's son. Pumpkin of Demise belonged to him, but why was it here? How did the fairy godmother know about this? I put my questions to the back of my mind. I have to find Cinderella, she's in trouble! So, I left.

Xia's POV

I already left the chateau. There was no more point in staying there. I rode away on my keyblade now in the shape of a plane with some silver armor that I had found lying around. The armor was a tight fit, but it had to do. I didn't question where it came from or who owned it, because I didn't have enough time to do so. My father, what is he up too?

Rising Falls: Hollow Bastion

The Enigmatic Redhead's POV

"Pistol, Pistol, honey, where are you? Maleficent wants to have a word with you." I heard my dopey father, Pete call my name. I was training in the courtyard with some Neoshadows. I managed to pin some of them down with my whip, but my idiot father distracted me and nearly got me turned.

"WHAT IS IT, DAD?!" I dismissed the Heartless and the Neoshadows used their dark corridors to get away.

"I am sorry honey, but Maleficent wants-"

"If Maleficent wants to have a word with me, why did she have to send a fool like you?!" I barked.

"Now, Pistol, that is no way to speak-" I cracked my whip beside my idiot dad. He was going to talk to me like he did with my failure of a brother, PJ. I am not a coward like that oaf is. How could he let our mother perish at the hands of those slimy blue Unverse?!

"Fine!" I shouted as I cracked my whip one last time and left my fidgeting father behind.

If Maleficent wants to have a word with me than I'll give her what she wants.

The Castle Chapel

I met with the old hag. "Why did you have to send that failure of a dad to get me, instead of doing yourself, hag?!"

Maleficent just passed it off. She unlike my dad or my brother was hard to crack. My father would whimper whenever I threw a tantrum and my brother was the only one that ever fought back, especially since I called him fatso all the time.

"Why didn't you finish the job?" the hag demanded.

I waved my whip around a bit. "I would have finished the job if I felt like it. That keyblade wielder was just too cute to die!"

Maleficent frowned and just as she was about to send a Thundaga at me. I dodged out of the way. "Next time, I expect you to finish the job or I'll send you back to that prison."

"Whatever Maleficent, you already have Snow White and Aurora?"

"Yes, but I need five more Princesses to complete the keyhole!" Maleficent was about to send another Thundaga at me, but my idiot dad intervened. He got zapped instead and Maleficent dismissed us both.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yes! Captain Maxey makes a cameo! I hope Viento gets better from being hit near his left eye with a whip. Gosh, that had to sting terribly. You know, Viento has become a lot more thoughtful of others. Especially, when Grumpy died. He's come a long way.

Pistol. First time I've heard of her. Gosh, didn't expect her to be so cruel to Pete. Although, I like how she gave mercy to Viento over his looks. xD

Xia excites me. Obtaining silver armor and transforming her keyblade into a keyrider. I wonder if, she'll end up confronting her father soon.

Awards
Didn't expect PJ, Pistol, and Max to show up, man that brings back memories. I wonder how Xen's keychain end up in Cinderella's world. Could Sven of brought him back, or found his Keyblade? I look forward to those questions being answered.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
(I am starting school tomorrow. Boy, I am anxious and I am worried about passing).

Chapter 19

~Cinderella~

Flashback

Sven walked behind the malevolent fairy. Both of them said nothing to each other. Sven glanced down at the pumpkin-shaped keychain. He remembered his little boy's delighted smile when he had made and presented it to his nine-year-old son. "Daddy, I adore it so much! Thank you!"

It seemed like a long time since he had given that keychain away. Xen was dead now and Sven was on the run. He glanced sadly at the keychain, remembering so many of the treasured memories it held. "Oof," Sven was now on the ground and the horned witched towered over him.

"Watch where you're going, you fool!" the fairy said.

Sven just glared at her and the two stared briefly at each other. "I helped you capture Princess Aurora. Now, I'll help you capture Princess Cinderella. After all, we only need five princesses left. And, once we're done. You'll resurrect my son, understand?!"

Maleficent just stared at the man and turned away from him. Her clawed hand petted her beloved raven, Diablo. She mumbled to it and said without even turning around to Sven, "Very well, but I expect you not to fail me!"

"Fine," Sven said with crossed arms. "But, if you betray me than it's off with your head!"

Maleficent didn't flinch and continued to stroll on ahead.

Sven glanced up at the moon that hung in the clear, blue sky. He whispered his son's name and placed it on a stomp. "Xen, I'm sorry!" the blonde-haired man kissed the keychain and left it behind. His plan had worked as a woman in a lavender cloak came across the keychain.

Suello's POV

It is now nightfall, the guards are all out looking for Cinderella. I have Xen's keychain on me and still have no clue why Cinderella's godmother gave it to me. I still don't understand why it is here. Does that mean that Xen is somewhere in this world? I don't know, but time's running out and Cinderella's still in danger.

The tracks below are from the same pumpkin carriage. I am getting close, really close.

I have Pumpkin of Demise ready and that pumpkin will be a pumpkin pie soon. Yeah, I know, I suck at making puns. There it is, I can see it now.

Cinderella's terrified and she's banging against the inside of the pumpkin, which looks like a Jack-O-Lantern. Don't worry, princess, I am coming!

Viento's POV

I was told I have been asleep for two days. The room I woke up in was quite lavish. The floor was white marble and covered with a fine, crimson rug. The windows were covered with long, sleek, platinum drapes. The princess bed I woke up in sat next to the window. I am currently sitting on my bed and looking out the window with the drapes pulled back.

The hedges in the garden outside are amazing. They look like all sorts of animals; a mouse, a cow, a horse, a duck, a dog and so many more. I have bandages wrapped around my chest and my eye, which still stings. If I see that girl again, I am gonna make her pay.

The oak door is opening and a servant that looks like a goose has a tray full of soup and tea on it. She places it on the oak nightstand next to my princess bed and leaves. A white duck with gray tufts of hair on the side, a doctor's coat, and large spectacles enters the room and passes the goose servant. "I am glad to see you're awake," the duck said.

My eyes widen in surprise. Sure, I was stunned when I saw the cat-girl, the dog-man, the goose-servant, but now a duck-doctor. All of them, at least the goose servant can talk. I feel nauseated and I am not sure how I am not passing out right now. Am I going insane?!

"Young sir, can I see your chest?" the duck-doctor asks.

I raise an eye brow and immediately back away from the feathered fiend. "No way, am I going to let some quack touch me!"

The duck doctor chuckles, "You sure are one veird fella and I vill have you know that my name is Ludwig von Drake. I am no quack for your information!"

"Whatever," I said as sat near the window still not willing to let this duck doctor-creep touch me.

Ludwig von Drake pulled out his stethoscope and wanted to see if my heart was alright. Well, that's what the quack said, but I still want him nowhere near him. It looks like he is leaving and he has the door slammed.

I can hear him speaking outside with somebody. He sounds ticked.

"Vell, he seems to be fine condition, your majesty. He sure put up a fight when I tried do my check-up on him."

"Well, if my boy, Maxey hadn't found him. He might have been you-know-what, ayup!"

"I am glad PJ, Bobby and I came upon him when we were coming back from fighting off those Heartless."

"No matter what Maxey, I'm proud of you."

"Dad, do you have to embarrass me?!"

"Sorry Maxey, I didn't mean to invade your bubble. I just have seen ya in six months."

"I know dad, but King Mickey really needed us. Speaking of which, do you know when he is coming back?"

"No clue, I thought you would know since you fought those Heartless in Hollow Bastion."

"Well, the king is very secretive. I think he is still looking for survivors."

"Vell, ve have to keep the boy safe. Vhatever is causing these atrocities, I'm sure it has to do with that scoundrel Pete."

I got tired of listening to this tedious conversation. Who were these freaks? Who was Pete? And, what was going on?!

I am still sore from that world's destruction and losing Snow White and the Sven Dwarves. I need to get some sleep and once I am all healed up, somebody is gonna pay!

Xia's POV

Dear Journal, I don't know how it happened. I feel like I keep saying that same line, but it can't be helped. I am still looking for my father. I need to ask him what is going on, but it seems like his trail gone cold. I'll keep searching for him, Viento and Suello. I hope Xen didn't kick the pail like that letter I found stated. I hope my dad hasn't become deranged. I really, really hope that he isn't thinking what I think he is thinking. Kingdom Hearts only knows that'll we'll get to be a family again.

I am sad if Xen is gone, but I can't lose my dad. He's the only one I have left. I can't lose him! So, I have to stop him at all costs.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The flashback was fantastic. :D I'm pleased to see Sven again, and I feel like Maleficent is up to no good. Looks like he was intentionally leaving a trail for the boys to follow. I find Suello battling a pumpkin heartless amusing. C: Curious if, he'll be successful, or if Cinderella will slip past his fingers. Extremely excited to see Maxey some more, and hear him interacting with Goofy. <3 Xia, I have the feeling she'll end up arriving in the aftermath of whatever happens to Viento and Suello. Great chapter. Can't wait to read more.

[The first day back will be the easiest, because there won't be as much work. Just take deep breaths.]

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 20

~Expect the Unexpected~

Suello's POV

I can't remember what happened. The pumpkin, I had just eradicated, but...man...man. Man, my head hurts!

I keep getting this feeling that something happened, something awful. Whatever it was, it hurts! The keychain I had attached to my keyblade, Pumpkin of Demise is gone along with Cinderella.

I stake my keyblade into the dirt and fall to my butt. What happened?! Why couldn't I save her? She was right in my sight and now she's gone! I slap the palm against my forehead and yelling repeatedly, "STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID, SUELLO?! You could have saved her, but now you flunked that chance. Boy, Gus and the others are not gonna be pleased. STUPID!"

I can't face them, I just can't. I am not returning to the castle. I really don't want to see their distraught faces. I was supposed to save the princess and I somehow failed MISERABLE!

My keyblade is ready to go and so is the dark coat I am wearing. I am lucky that I kept it in the backpack. If I didn't have it, I couldn't summon dark corridors or be protected from them. I take one last glance at the white-blue castle amidst the forest. My voice is low as I take off, "I'm sorry guys!"

I am going into the corridor as I see multiple dark creatures surrounding me, especially this large one with a hole in the middle of it's muscular chest that looks like a heart. It is gigantic! And, it's hand is heading my way.

AH! I am out of here. I run into the corridor with my keyblade drawn. I don't look back as the eye-shaped portal closes. I fall to my butt and begin to sulk again, "Why am I such a coward?! Why do I always keep running?!" Cinderella got kidnapped and I just ran away while those things were headed to the castle. I AM A COWARD!

Viento's POV

I had another nightmare, the same one that I have been having since I was four. I am standing on a large clock-face. There is nothing, but pure gold everywhere. I feel somebody standing behind me and I turn, but it is too late. The clock platform has been shattered and the blade of that weapon of that figure stabs me.

It is a gruesome dream that I have had for a long time. This dream is the reason why I keep trying and trying, even when-

Flashback

I was only eight. Those idiots pushed me on the cement. The bug-eyed creeps chuckle and one of them, the leader, Calvin chuckles, "Hey crybaby, why aren't you fighting back?! Do you want your big brother to rescue your butt again, crybaby?!"

I am mad, no I am furious. Those creeps are gonna pay! I am tired of being pushed around by them. I am tired of my idiot brother, Ven always saving me. He always comes in when I don't need him. Ventus breaks up the fight, the boys snicker saying, "Oh does Baby Vivi need his big brother to save his a**?" and then I am stuck trying to beat up Ventus.

I want to shove my anger on him. He has cost me so much humiliation. I CAN'T STAND IT!

Then, we get home and it becomes even worst. My brother, Ven is a goody-tissues. He tells our father and our mother about what happened at school. Dad is frustrated with my defeat and berates me, "Oh Viento, oh Viento, why didn't you show those punks whose boss? Huh, huh?!"

Mom and my idiot brother are trying to coax him down, but I know their efforts are only temporary.

Dad, I mean, Uranus-dono will flip on me later tonight, then I'll have to deal with Calvin and his stupid gang tomorrow on the playground. My brother will save me again when I want to win my own fights. I hate this life! I hate being me!

Why was I born the youngest child of a keyblade master?! Life's not fair! But, I can't keep throwing my pity-parties; they've gotten me nowhere. They've gotten me nowhere, but bruised and beaten. I have to keep up this façade; I don't want that wimp feeling sorry for me. I used to tell him everything, but not anymore.

Tomorrow, I'll be at school before that loser comes to my aid. I'll pummel those bullies' faces in and leave them crying to their mothers. My brother will see that I am not a baby and stop treating me like a kid. I am tired of this ranting, it's time for me to get to bed.

End of Flashback

I can't keep staying here, sure I am hurt. But, who cares?! Those freaks won't get their hands on me.

I know they mean well, but I won't be a liability. I won't let those freaks or anyone else feel sorry for me. I may be weak, but I want to show my wimpy brother that I am not a crybaby, not anymore and never again!

The guards are surrounding my room and my coat is missing. I don't know how I am going to leave without that coat since it was destroyed when Grumpy's world was blown up. I found a trap door and I'm out!

Xia's POV

Olympus Coliseum

Where am I? I have my map out and it's lighting up. The map now has the place I am at and it looks like it is called Olympus Coliseum. Weird name, I have to admit, but beggars can't be choosers. I have to keep looking, but I have training to do. Philoctetes doesn't want me training, but I want to get stronger.

I need to hone my skills, so that I can protect Suello and Viento. Zack isn't that strong of an opponent as Xen or my father were, but he's somewhere close to Suello's level. I have to keep training and keep him distant even though he keeps saying, "Do you want to go on a date?"

I am not keen on dating since I already have somebody that I am interested in. But journal, I can't say who, because my friendship would dwindle to nothing. I don't want to see either Suello or Viento getting hurt.

End of Xia's POV

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 21

~Close Call~

It's so, so cold. I cannot stand it. Why am I going underneath this castle? Shouldn't I have grabbed a coat and some heavier pants and snow boots while walking through this whatever it is. It feels so different from Disney Castle, so very different. The place looks like a tundra and there is nothing, but snow everywhere. I feel cold and I feel like I am gonna pass out again.

What am I thinking?! I cannot let them find me. I won't be a liability, I won't be a liability EVER AGAIN!

I feel shaky and I feel warm. Am I going to die? Oh, why did I leave that room? Why didn't I change out of these shorts and tennis shoes? I am not ready to die yet. Maybe, a quick nap might help. Night world, night Uranus, night Suello, night Xia, night Marina and night Brother Ven....

My head hits the ground and I feel warm.

Flashback

The day has finally arrived. Calvin's gonna pay! Calvin's gonna be the one made fun of this time, not me!

The teacher has dismissed out for playtime. Calvin and his friends are near the swings. There's no going back now. My palms are sweaty, my face feels red, I can't stop fidgeting and I have butterflies swarming around in my stomach.

"HEY BAKA!" I shout and Calvin turns his head at me.

His friends and everyone gathers around us. Calvin is too prideful to know that I called him a baka. Baka can mean two things. In Spanish, it is spelled baca, which means cow. And, in Japanese, it means fool.

Either way, you slice it, I am a dead man walking. I can't back down not now and not ever again!

I managed to dodge some of Calvin's pudgy fists. "What's wrong, Calvin? My grandma can hit better than you. I bet you can't even-"

I am now lying on the ground with a bloodied nose. Calvin is also lying on the ground with a bloodied nose. I look up to my dismay as I hear his voice, "HEY, LEAVE MY LITTLE BROTHER ALONE!"

Calvin's buddies help him up and curses Ventus as he and his gang leave. Ventus looks upset, no he looks furious. I can't stand to look at him. His arms are crossed and his eyebrows are furrowed. "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN KILLED, VIENTO! Do you have any idea what that would do to us? Didn't ever you think about mom, dad and me?"

Ventus tries to help me up, but I pull my arm away. I may have lost this fight, but I haven't lost the battle. Calvin will pay one of these days. He'll be the fool, not me!

"Hey, aren't you even listening?!" I hear Ven's voice. He tries to get me to look at him, but I smack him away. Ventus looks hurt, but I don't care. I really don't care! Sure, dad and mom are going to have my hide on a silver platter once their little Venny tells them what happened at school today, but I DON'T CARE!

I am glad that I smacked him. The goody-tissues needs to see that the world isn't all puppies and kitties. Plus, I am glad that I got that extra tension out of my fist. The punch was meant for Calvin, but Ven will have to do. I am not sorry and I don't care what my consequence is. Somebody needed to pay.

Xia's POV

Phil had us battling today. We had to face some Heartless. It was easy until this huge eight-headed serpent-like dragon Heartless showed up. Phil and Hercules went inside as it destroyed most if not all of the coliseum. "Hey girly, aren't you coming?!" Phil screamed as a rock from the collapsing ceiling was about to collapse on him.

Hercules pushed him out of the way and Zack came to my side. "Hey Zack, grab Xia and let's get out of here! That monster is too strong!" Hercules screamed as he dragged a rambling, incoherent Phil to the gates to the city. I believe the city is called Athens.

"ZACK!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Heartless was killed. I don't know how I dodged it's gigantic snake-like body. I cut off all of it's heads, but they regrew. Thunder was one of the spells I had to use. It paralyzed him for a bit and I went up to one of it's heads. I cast a Confuse on it and the Heartless pretty much finished itself off.

Zack is hurt really bad. Not only did the hydra manage to knock him out with it's tail, but it also hurled eight, combined flamethrowers at him. I don't know what he was thinking just by rushing in there. Maybe, he's braze, maybe, he's crazy or maybe, he's both. I don't know, but he keeps mumbling the word, "Hero" over and over again.

Hades showed up and somehow he bypassed me. He hurled a Firaga at Zack. Zack may have had a chance at recovery, but now those chances are slim. Zack's body is all charred up, I can't look.

I am so angry that I want to slice off the God of Death's head. Hades, if Zack dies, I'll find some way to make you pay! My hilt is clenched so tightly to my palms that they are bleeding. My heart is racing and I just want to hurt the fire-haired weirdo in the black toga.

Somehow, I go right through him and he disappears before mocking me into a pile of smoke. I feel so angry, but I can't let myself feel like that now. Zack needs help.

Cure seems to be having no effect and he just seems to be getting worst. Hercules and Phil come, both of them look scared and shocked. I cannot blame them, especially since they tried to get us to escape. But, I was too stupid, too blind to forget my grudge against these beasts.

I guess what my father said was true, "Revenge is never the answer!" I sigh and look towards Phil and Herc. "Is he going to be okay?"

Hercules just shrugs, "I don't know. Maybe, Asclepius can help. After all, he's the god of medicine."

Phil doesn't look convinced. He sheds a tear, which surprises Herc and me both. He never seemed to be the sensitive type and I never thought that an old Billy goat like Phil had a heart. I guess one of my dad's other sayings is correct, "You can't judge a book by it's cover!"

"Asclepius cannot help the kid, Herc; he's dead!"

"What?!" Hercules and I both gasp. We try to get him to further explain, but he just flicks us off. He's probably right and that's why Zack is at the hospital, well the Ancient Greek version of a hospital. I really, really hope that Zack's alright.

I feel responsible, even though Hercules is the only one trying to convince me otherwise. Phil doesn't even want to look at me and whatever I say; it doesn't help. I hate situations like this. I can only pray to Asclepius that he and his daughters will save Zack. I don't want him to die!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Xia is being too hard on herself. I know she cares about Zack, but she's got to hang in there, and believe that he'll live. C: It was nice to hear her try to battle it out with Hades, and the Hydra.

Suello, I wonder where he'll go off to next? Maybe, he'll be able to redeem himself in the next world. Sometimes, you don't have the luxury of running away, and I'd bet a nickel, that it will happen soon.

Viento, I'm worried he's going to get sick. Passing out from how cold it was, can't be good at all. I hope he winds up somewhere safe. Interesting flashback. I wish he could see that Ventus was trying his best to help. Not humiliate him.

Two great chapters. Can't wait to read more.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 22

~The Strange Boy~

Place: Traverse Town
Time: Ten or Nine Years into the Future

Iz's POV

I crumbled the letter and placed it back into the envelope. As, I was doing so; a picture fell out. It was of me at just three with Eli, who was merely two. In the picture, there were two teens holding us up. Both of them had goofy expressions on their faces. One red-orange, spiky hair and dressed in an orange, sleeveless t-shirt and light blue jeans and the other had light blue spiky hair and wore a navy blue jacket and beige khakis. I flipped the picture over and it read in crudely written, bold letters, "Isa and Lea with Isadore and Eli at Radiant Amusement Park."

I glanced at the picture and placed it back into the envelope. Those two boys seemed so familiar along with the place. Of course, I didn't know who was Isa and who was Lea or even who they were. Something told me I had a deep connection with Isa, because we seem to look very similar. However, that's aside the point. What really clicked for me was the name of the place. 'Radiant Gardens', I mumbled to myself, but just as I did so a loud shriek emanated from the second district.

Of course, I live near the gates towards the second district with Nancy and Eli. "SOMEBODY HELP!"

I recognized that scream as belonging to Eli's. I looked at the digital, black clock that read in red letters, "12:35 am."

I sighed as I went to my closet, looking for something. Anything that could be used towards what I had to encounter. There was nothing, but Eli was in trouble yet again.

I sighed and ran outside. Hopefully, there would be something there that I could use. Something, anything would be good enough.

"HEHEHEHE!" I heard an ominous laugh and looked up.

A strange boy, no a strange Heartless of some sat on the roof of the Second District Gates. He had blondish-white hair and light ebony skin on one half of his face and the other half had a large, bulging, bug-like yellow eye. "IZ, GET OUT HERE!" Eli, my dumb, orange-headed friend said as he was wrapped tightly in what looked like a black, squid's tentacle.

My twelve-year-old friend struggled, but sharp currents jutted from the tentacle to my friend. Eli groaned and moaned as the boy looked at me. His mismatched, yellow eyes met with my sea-green. "WHO ARE YOU, HEARTLESS? AND, DON'T YOU DARE LAY A HAND ON MY FRIEND."

The boy snickered as he glanced towards Eli. His forked tongue licked both sides of his normal and deformed face. He glanced back at me and laughed, "Why am I surprise that you know what I am? But, I don't have a score to settle with you now, keyblader!"

The Heartless boy cackled and threw my unconscious friend, Eli at me. He then left like all other Heartless do in a portal of darkness.

"Who was that?" I asked myself as I was now lying on my butt with a 95 Lb. Eli on top of me. "And, why did he remind me of him?"

Perhaps, I'll never know, but all I can do now is get this goof back to the cottage. I don't want Nancy yelling at us AGAIN!

End of Iz's POV

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 23

"Everything falls into place and everything falls apart. Your friendship is nothing more."

The figure in the black coat had his back turned to the blonde. Viento reached a hand out to the figure, but he just disappeared.

"Hey Vi, Hey Vi, are you okay? Hello? Say something?"

Viento heard a voice and opened his eyes. The light in the room took some getting used to. His blurry vision began to focus and he nearly jumped back once he saw who were staring at him. "Ack!" He felt himself nearly jump out of his bed, the same princess bed that he was in before.

"You sure scared us, Vi," a voice got his attention and he looked down from the Tiffany chandelier that he was clinging to.

"Hey, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, ESPECIALLY WITH THESE FREAKS?!" Viento glanced at the person, he was speaking with. He still couldn't believe it. After nearly four months on the road (so to speak), he was still alive.

"Vy don't you get down from there before the king makes me fix that EXPENSIVE chandelier again." Ludwig von Drake glanced towards a certain dog, Max Goof, son of the leader of King Mickey's knights. The dog knight simply tugged his collar of his red shirt slightly. Apparently, he was nervous.

Viento let go of the chandelier and fell face forward into the white, marble floor. "Ow," the blonde said as he rubbed his now sore head. He glanced to the said person, who was just snickering with the rest of them.

"Hey, don't laugh!" Viento stared daggers, apparently over his dozy drop from the light fixture.

"Why not, you make it to easy," the African keyblade wielder chuckled.

Viento rolled his eyes at his goofy friend. "Anyways, why didn't you send me a message that you were coming, idiot?"

Suello just nudged the blonde in the shoulder, "Because, stupid, I had no way of contacting you. Why did you run off like-"

Viento interrupted the keyblade wielder's question, "How did you get here?!"

Suello shrugged and glanced back to Max. Max answered, "That's a simple question. We just scoured the universe with the Gummi Ship that the king leant us. And we just sort of bumped into him as we were sent to go pick up our king."

Viento sighed and sat on his bed. He turned away from them, "I still don't trust you!"

"Hey, that's not fair, Vi!" Suello yelled. "I mean, these guys saved you from hypothermia. The least you could do is say thanks. After all, I wasn't the idiot that decided to run off and have his friends come all this way for nothing just to save his sorry-"

Viento now stood to his full height. He held tightly onto Suello's jacket. "Who said I wanted your lazy butt to find me?!"

Everybody else had run out of the room due to Suello's command to give them a moment to speak with his injured friend, well except Ludwig. Ludwig just left to get the guards, who were on their way.

"I FELT GUILTY, OKAY! I wanted to apologize to you for attacking you. Now, can you please let go?" Suello admitted and then demanded.

"FINE," Viento answered and threw his friend against the wall. A picture frame fell off and the glass shattered.

Viento stomped back to his bed while Suello went out. Before he slammed the door shut, he bellowed, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST OPEN UP TO US FOR ONCE? Do you know how scared Xia and I worried about you. Boy, can't you think of anybody other than yourself for once, Vi!"

Viento's POV

I can't believe that baka, Suello. Why did he come out all this way for? Did those freaks put him up to it? It's not like it matters, I just wanted to get away from him. But, he's like a barking puppy; he never shuts up.

I am sad that I left, but you know what. I needed my time away that place, especially since my father died in front of me. I still have no clues about his murderer, but I'm not giving up!

Suello, he's a fool and so is Xia. Sure, I like them, but can't they just give me my space? Why is everybody always trying to smother me? I don't need their pity. I don't need anyone's pity!

All it has ever done is get in the way. I don't need people feeling sorry for me, because of the-I've seen. I don't need anybody's sympathy! I can find my dad's murder without them and without Ventus.

Speaking of Ventus, journal, I haven't heard from him. Maybe, he was out there looking for me like Suello was, but journal, I don't care! I don't want to see him now, especially since he was there for our father, our mother or anybody else at the mansion. Call me a crybaby if you want! I don't want anybody trying to baby me!

That's why I pushed Suello and Xia away. I didn't want them feeling sorry for me. I never wanted anybody feeling sorry me, but I've always attracted that attention. It's caused me nothing, but anguish and heartache.

It's not that I hate them. I just don't get people, if that is what makes me selfish than...I DON'T CARE!

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 24

~Hope~

Suello's POV

I can't believe Vi's reaction. You're probably wondering why I didn't leave him, journal, but I can't! I can't leave his side; he's my friend and I have faith in him. Plus, there is another reason why I am here.

Max and the others were called back to apprehend Vi, but I just told them he needed his space. Sure, we got into a huge argument about it, but they eventually listened to me. Journal, it's possibly due to all the groveling and pleading I did. I'm SO embarrassed!

They agreed, but only on the condition that I'd help defend the castle. Apparently, there is this rival of the king named Mortimer Mouse. I know, it's a lousy name, especially when I first heard it. I busted a gut!

I digress, Mortimer is just trying to usurp the king and take Queen Minnie's hand in marriage. I know, the total rich villain stereotype. Boy, can villains like Mortimer be anymore clichéd.

I have to go journal, duty calls. And, I'm hoping that Vi joins in on the fight.

We could use it!

Xia's POV

Please, Asclepius, please Zeus, don't let Hades get Zack! I know you have better things to do, but I need somebody to help me through this time. Phil is still mad at me. I've tried saying I'm sorry over and over again. But, he won't have it.

Hercules is just distraught as I am. I mean, sure he and Zack were rivals, but they were also friends. Hercules's friends came to visit. I think their names are; Icarus and Cassandra. They seem to be so weird, especially Icarus. How can a womanizer be such a womanizer at a time like this?

Diary, maybe I am taking things too hard. Maybe, Phil will eventually come around, but I can only hope that Zack gets better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diary, we've finally received the news. Zack is dead!

I don't know what to do. The funeral pyre is getting set up. I'm still upset, but Phil seems to be coming around. He told me today, "That a pretty girl such as yourself doesn't need to frown."

Maybe, he's right, maybe Zack is in the Elysian Fields by now. He was a good guy and a hero. So, Zeus won't send him to live in Tartarus. That's just unthinkable!

I am still praying so hard. Things aren't the same without Zack around. But, like my father said, "For every beginning, there is an end. And, for every ending, there is a beginning."

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 25
~Resolve~

Viento's POV

Where is it? WHERE IS IT?

Please, please, don't tell me I lost it! Please, no, please no, I cannot have misplaced it.

Okay, take a breath, Viento. Do you remember the last place you had it?

Uh, I think so, journal or rather my inward self. My lucky charm was right by the bedside this morning. Now, it's gone!

Oh NO!

I keep running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I am sorry for the gruesome detail, but that's how frantic I am.

Oh come on, Kingdom Hearts, give me some clue to where it is! Please, I HAVE to find it! I cannot have lost my brother's lucky charm!

Flashback

Journal, it has been nearly a whole day since my brother left. Father and mother are still going at each other's throats. Boy, could this night be anymore thrilling? Journal, I'm being sarcastic!

Do you really think I love living in a house full of dysfunctional maniacs? Sure, I am frustrated and I am always living in my brother's shadow. But, whose to say that I can't make a name for myself?

I'm staring at my lucky charm, which happens to be a shark of some kind. I think, my brother said it was a Zebra Shark. Journal, that's a pretty weird name. I mean, the Zebra Shark doesn't even have stripes like a zebra. It just has spots! So, why is it called a Zebra Shark?!

Maybe, I am overthinking this. But, it's better than going downstairs right now. Downstairs is nothing, but a disaster. Mom has dad pinned underneath her foot. He's screaming, "I'M SORRY MARINA! YOU'RE RIGHT! I'LL NEVER ACT THAT WAY EVER AGAIN!"

My mom is probably scowling at him as she kicks his cheek with her boot, "Yeah right, Uranus, you said the same thing last time. Why don't you just-"

I hear mom exchange a lot of vulgar words with my dad. She lets her combat boot off of his cheek and lets him go. Dad runs into the dojo and starts tearing the rubber dummies apart with his keyblade. I just hate living in a chaotic atmosphere like this. Sure, my parents never allowed themselves to argue in front of us, but we always heard them.

I don't know how I got through it all, but I did. Journal, maybe, it's due to my brother's charm. He always used to comfort me when our parents argued and fought. Why did we grow so far apart?

Journal, I have to go, dad's coming!

Suello's POV

I cannot believe it! I can't believe it, Vi's now on the scene! I guess, all that groveling and begging I did worked. Sure, I'm embarrassed about it, but who cares?!

Mortimer and his troops seem to be backing away. Queen Minnie and Daisy are safely tucked in the back. These troops of Mortimer are tough, but we all seem to be handling them off pretty well. The troops look similar to the creatures that I saw prior to abandoning Cinderella's world (Journal, I still regret that decision). But, I'm NOT running away this time!

These creatures have some sort of purple armor and a weird crest on said armor. It looks like some sort of red-chained up, black heart. The creatures are withdrawing. Now, they are fleeing the castle. Mortimer's expression is priceless!

Uh-oh, journal, what's this?! There's some sort of new enemy coming in. He doesn't look like an easy customer, no, not easy!

His body is encased in light purple armor. His hands and his feet are detached from his body, but they seem to somehow move along with him. He's coming my way, I really don't want to get squashed.

Maybe, I should cast a Thunder!

Journal, it seemed to work. Well, temporarily, anyways. Max and Goofy somehow managed to take out his hands. I guess, I should knock out his feet. As long as I stay in aerial mode, well off the floor anyways. I should be fine.

The creature's feet are now gone, but he's spinning; spinning like some wild top. I am now on the ground and everybody else seems to be losing. Mortimer is making his way inside the castle to take the queen.

"Vi, what are you thinking?!"

I glance up and see a flash of brown run pass me. I know it's Viento. I couldn't get him to stop. He gave me a smile?

So weird, Vi smiled?

He seems confident, but I can't really tell. Some of the guards are dragging me away. I can only shout out to him. "VIENTO!!!"

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 26
~Change~

Xia's POV

Everybody has a moment that they feel completely in the dumps. Everybody has moments when they feel like they are the only one in the world. It's not true, but you can't help feeling that way. You can't help that everyone around you feels like an alien.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't help it!

Zack is gone and Hades kicked my butt. I still haven't heard any word from my father or even Viento or Suello. I hate feeling alone!

I am trying my best to be the strong one. Mother would have wanted it that way. But, I can't stop looking up at the stars. I just wish I can feel normal again, instead of like this!

I miss my friends, I miss my family and I miss everybody! Why do things have to change?! Why can't things stay the same?!

Maybe, I shouldn't be wishing that upon the stars tonight. I feel like having a pity-party, because there's nothing else better to do. I'd probably feel the same way if I was around my friends.

Anyways, diary, I know you know why I am feeling like this. It's been ten days since Zack's funeral. I'm still upset! And, I am trying my absolute hardest to get over it. Right now, I am lying low in this dump.

This dump or the Brilliant Slums as I have heard it called lies on the outskirts of a town known as Radiant Gardens. The sight of the castle from this literal home of garbage is impressive. I've made a few acquaintances since being here. Their names are Bandit and Rascal.

Rascal looks like a cowboy from one of those Old Westerns my father and Xen loved to watch. I still don't get the appeal.

Rascal has a thick blonde mustache and he carries a long pistol beside him. He calls it is his sword, maybe due to the musket that points at the edge of it. He also wears a long, thick brown jacket and cowboy boots. He is just your all-around cowboy stereotype.

Aside from his appearance, his attitude isn't much different. He is all bark and no bite, well most times. He is always defensive when it comes to his 'pet', Bandit.

According to Rascal, Bandit was his younger brother. Bandit always got on Rascal's nerves, especially since they were both orphans. Rascal and Bandit both came to Radiant Gardens after they were offered work by King Ansem the Wise. What type of work were they offered? I haven't a clue, Rascal doesn't like to give much details about his childhood. I can see why.

But, why is he in Brilliant Slums, well that's kinda difficult to answer as well.

I guess the answer is, because Bandit was tricked into being one of the experiments. Rascal still doesn't like calling his brother, his 'pet', even though his brother can no longer speak. His brother is nothing more than a puny Shadow Heartless. Rascal somehow keeps his brother's dangerous nature at bay. Maybe, it is due to that unspeakable bond they have.

Well, the answer to why they are at Brilliant Slums is, because of the apprentices. After Bandit's transformation, they threw the two brothers out into the dumps. Rascal is still trying to sneak into the castle trying to get his brother back to normal. They also stated that their real names aren't even Rascal and Bandit.

Journal, let's keep this between you and me. They're real names are, well Bandit's first. Bandit's original name was Medy and Rascal's real name is Ruldo. Funny names I suppose, but I can understand why they are trying to keep their identities secret. Journal, I know you'll never mention this. After all, you're my best friend!

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Chapter 27
~Don't Get Your Hopes Up~

Viento's POV

I've been through the fire since being at the castle. I'm used to the anthromorphic animals that run about this joint. Suello is here with me now. Boy, why does he have to act like such a mother hen to me? Perhaps, it's due to my rebelliousness. Oh well!

Ludwig is still annoying, but I can manage.

Suello is looking after me since I took down that Heartless. Mortimer Mouse managed to get his butt kicked, but at a huge expense. A certain captain's son isn't with us no more due to that Mortimer. I don't want to get into the graphics, but Max died a hero.

I'm still wondering what Xia is up to. Nighttime is still here and Suello are now sharing a room. Well, a bunk bed and a room. I guess after my little stunt nobody at the castle trusts me, so they put the idiot in charge of me.

Suello means well, but I am gonna have to buy us time till we can leave. I wonder if we'll ever get to see Xia again. She's-I'm worried about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sven, what is the meaning of this?!" Maleficent bellowed from the chapel.

She stumbled hastily as she approached the rainbow-colored keyhole. "Why didn't you get that girl?"

Sven rolled his eyes and turned his back. "Because, I have somebody I want to protect that's why," the middle-aged keyblade wielder replied as he walked off. "Besides, shouldn't you be leaving the dirty work to Pistol or your goons? I am sure the Heartless sure could use a good meal. You better be careful that they don't turn on you."

Maleficent growled and slammed her scepter on the chapel floor. She already had three of the Princesses of Hearts, but not this one. Why didn't Sven abduct the blain blonde known as Alice? Perhaps, he didn't like being treated like one of her servants. Perhaps, he didn't like her. Or, perhaps he had some agenda up his sleeve.

Whatever the reason, Maleficent couldn't bother. She had to gather the seven princesses, if she wanted to rule the worlds. The evil fairy glared at one of the pods that held a sleeping blonde. It was the princess known as Aurora. Aurora had caused the horned witch so much misery and the princess's pathetic boyfriend nearly killed her. Maleficent just frowned at the sleeping princess and shouted, "PETE!"

The buffoon ran up to her from the entrance. "Yes, what is it, Maleficent-dono?" the dimwitted cat asked.

"I want you to retrieve the princess that Sven failed to capture," Maleficent barked and she slammed her scepter into the floor. Small dark shadows arose and crowded around Pete. "And, I expect you not to fail me. If you do-"

The Heartless lunged towards the terrified cat, but Maleficent slammed her scepter again. It stopped the terrifying creatures. Maleficent turned to Pete and the shadows went back to their two dimensional form and slithered away. Pete flinched as the witch pushed out her hand and called out a portal.

Pete gulped before he reluctantly took his step inside; fearing the malicious fairy's actions.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Zack and Max are gone! ;u; I was hoping they'd live. I'm going to feel so bad, when Goofy finds out!

Viento having a change of heart about Xia is interesting. Perhaps he has some harbored feelings for the girl? I wonder if, he ever found the charm he held dear to him. It really is sad, how he won't open up to Suello or Xia. I bet he wouldn't even get pity from Suello, because I can imagine Suello reacting differently to the truth, and say something encouraging, or something to spark their rivalry.

Suello has become a lot more grown up. Sure, he may of had to grovel for Viento's sake, but that speaks volumes of how much he cares about the boy. I hope he stays by Viento's side, and helps him see reason.

Xia will become stronger, after having to suffer the loss of Zack. I believe in her.

Sven definitely has some sort of agenda for letting Alice go. It's to odd for him to let one of them go, and maybe, she isn't really the princess of heart he's looking for? *shrugs* Either way, I find it interesting.

Keep up the fantastic work, Desire!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back