• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix Jump Festa Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
True, don't think for a second S-E wouldn't release a KH:OST remaster renamed to KH:1.5 HD remix soundtrack. People buy just for the name change alone!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I'd buy it because it's Yoko Shimomura, the goddess of video game music.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Strangely I was just thinking about that last night.Also when it comes to remastering the composers don't have to put all that much work into the music, what I mean by this is that they don't have to re-record anything, they just fine tune the song and make the sound a higher quality. Think of it like the remaster of KH, they arent starting from scratch they are just refining what is already there.

So I wouldn't doubt if they remastered the soundtrack to go along with the remastered game but it isn't necessary honestly.

Remastering the music would just be an extra treat, but I would really appreciate it as I am a fan of KH's music. And besides, why not? They already did it for BBS, Days, and Coded. Why not KH1?

I think Yoko Shimomura seems to be on top of that since the Fan Selections OST has been released. Those tracks were made with better quality and perhaps it closely coincides with the development of the HD remasters.

Here's hoping!

What KH1 songs were in that collection?

Last edited:
I hope the high quality facial animations for Donald and Goofy are used more often here. Because there are just some scenes where they wouldn't show emotion where they should.

Here's an example: Kingdom Hearts - Final Mix [Playthrough Part 41] [Just The Delivery Boy] - YouTube

I can here the emotion but I can't see the emotion. It's kind of a nitpick, but since this is an HD Remake, facial animations here are a big disscussion.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I felt this strange mix of nostalgia and the feeling of seeing something new while watching this trailer. It was great! Seeing 358/2 Days was my favorite part. Xion's theme always makes me emotional.

JuarezX

Not gonna lie, im pretty jealous that those in japan will be getting this beautiful game in alittle over 2 months. :tongue:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Did Tarzan's face get longer?

tYwYq.png

uPL0r.png

Scratch that, everyone got longer.

yeah, one was squashed a bit. But the fingernails and resolution are noticeable. Notice that canopy has a little more detail. Of course, the comparison there is not quite to be trusted as the first one was captured at low res.

as for the soundtrack, I'd love for the remixed tracks to be in. One of my biggest gripes for the music of the series was the artificial sound, and it's improved a lot over the years.

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Not gonna lie, im pretty jealous that those in japan will be getting this beautiful game in alittle over 2 months. :tongue:

Yeah, I hope it gets released in the states. I mean, I would be mad if they didn't release it here. But, then again it is the remake of KHFM, KH Re:Com and KH 358/2 Days. There's a slight chance that they might not release it in the states, because they never released KHFM in the states, Europe, or anywhere else, but Japan (If I'm correct).

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Just heard Destati, and it sounds great! Much more like an actual chorus and orchestra.

Yeah, I hope it gets released in the states. I mean, I would be mad if they didn't release it here. But, then again it is the remake of KHFM, KH Re:Com and KH 358/2 Days. There's a slight chance that they might not release it in the states, because they never released KHFM in the states, Europe, or anywhere else, but Japan (If I'm correct).
you are correct, but there are a number of logical reasons. Japan does like exclusives, and America doesnt like special editions much or rereleases in such a short time. Sony could have regulations on games like FM that would be a violation of contract if revealed. At this point, the FM version not being localized for this collection would be a waste of resources and if it's not released outside japan, it'd be a huge dent in square's profits.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Just heard Destati, and it sounds great! Much more like an actual chorus and orchestra.

you are correct, but there are a number of logical reasons. Japan does like exclusives, and America doesnt like special editions much or rereleases in such a short time. Sony could have regulations on games like FM that would be a violation of contract if revealed. At this point, the FM version not being localized for this collection would be a waste of resources and if it's not released outside japan, it'd be a huge dent in square's profits.

But, I hope it does get release in the States along with KH2.5 in the future. I mean, two years without two games being released in the states without a Kingdom Hearts would kinda drive some fans nuts, right?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
We still have another 2 months until it's Japanese release.
Not to mention Dream Drop Distance had it's American release date announced after it was release in Japan.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
yeah, but it was already remade. Considering the lack of praise Days got for it's gameplay, the amount of materials that would have to be rebuilt from the ground up and the remastering of many KH2 locations and character models(yes, that actually is already largely done, but what about Beast's Castle?) actually forget that last point, but it would be expensive and time consuming.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Man, I wish I could have played the game, instead of Re:Com. Re:Com should be in cutscenes, because the game was really hard and I never beat it.

Neither did David Gallagher which resulted in him never getting to experience Reverse/Rebirth, thereby preventing him from appreciating all the hard work he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back