• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Re: Mix is 80-90% Complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Play Asia isn't a Japanese site, if you didn't know already. lol

No I didn't, I've never heard of it before. I would have probably looked for it on Amazon Japan when it comes out, that's where the language barrier appears. But now that I know this obviously we know where I'm gonna go.

DivineRose269

If they don't do other languages besides English and Japanese then that just isn't right. Heck let some fans who speak those languages dub the games. Some fans would do it for free just out of love for fellow KH fans. If I knew another language then I can make a pretty good Saix. (When they do kh 2.5 of course). BTW is English commonly used in Europe?

Most people speak english in Europe, so translating the game into more languages is really not necessary. Do it like I've always had, nobody translates any game to swedish anymore so I have to play all of my games in english (not that I really mind, swedish is a stupid language anyways O_O)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm hoping for concept art or silly behind-the-scenes stuff.

FF Type-0 for example had a mocap recording in the video files which was hilarious~

Ohhh please Square please. *u* I'd be nice to see what they actually do in their office. xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
BTW is English commonly used in Europe?

I cannot speak for most other European countries, but in Germany it is mandatory in school. During the times I went to school we started learning English at grade 5 (which corresponds to 10-11 years of age) while nowadays I think kids learn English around here even at grade 2 or 3.

It's not that hard the get other versions out there. KH has the voice acting and text in those respective languages. RE:COM HD however will need a localization effort. 358/2 days not really since once again the script has been made for those languages, however there is still VA for that too.
Except the FM-scenes obviously.
I can see them translating all the texts, which is reasonable to do, but I really doubt they will do complete voice-overs. They haven't done this for any title in the series except KH 1 and KH 2, Final Fantasy was always only English in terms of voices around here.

Okay, sure they could use the old voice-streams from the original Versions of the respective European KH1, but that would be disjointed then from Days and Re: CoM.
People are already often bitching about Europe getting things last most of the time, doing extra voice over-work in German, French or whatever would surely push the release date farther away.

Most people speak english in Europe, so translating the game into more languages is really not necessary. Do it like I've always had, nobody translates any game to swedish anymore so I have to play all of my games in english (not that I really mind, swedish is a stupid language anyways O_O)

That the in-game texts are translated into the languages of the bigger EU-countries is actually an established procedure, at least for France, Germany, Italy and Spain (that's why there was such an uproar about DDD only getting French and German texts.)
Dissidia Duodecim is one of the few titles that remained for a good chunk in English (except dialogue) even here in Germany.

I do agree though that voice-overs in more than English are overkill nowadays.
Heck, I'd even like to have an option to switch between English and Japanese voices, as the first four .hack-games for PS2 offered.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

I cannot speak for most other European countries, but in Germany it is mandatory in school. During the times I went to school we started learning English at grade 5 (which corresponds to 10-11 years of age) while nowadays I think kids learn English around here even at grade 2 or 3.

Well damn, DBZ Abridged wasn't kidding when they said English was like the universal language lol.

Kaffikjelen

This is good news for two reasons: 1. This means the game will be released soon. 2. It also means this site actually posts updates that are newsworthy. :biggrin:

Ixbran

It also reported that the development team is currently looking into incorporating special features as post-game content.

This makes me wonder what exactly we will be getting as far as bonus material that wasn't in the original KH or KHFM

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
tumblr_m7zwbltd5b1qfrv5o.gif

I was only expecting around a 60% finish around now because I was expecting a spring Japanese release at best. Close to 90%?!?!? YAY!!!!! I just need them to announce the international versions soon because as much as I'm sure they'll do it, a little bit of me is scared until they do officially announce it :(

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There was a rumour of a Square Enix event in January. If there was an international date to be announced, I would expect it to be mentioned briefly there /hopeful.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So does this mean that we should be expecting scans soon? or...

From what it sounds like, this may or may not be just a small blurb. Expecting at least a partial scan though. If there is one, it'll probably surface later today.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
So how is the whole "Tarzan" thing even going to work with this re-release? I recall there were a lot of headaches surrounding that world rights-wise.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I really don't see how they could just leave Tarzan out, I'm sure they figured something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back