• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Re:MIX Gameplay Changes!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Roxas-XIII-

I'm much more excited about the "additional coombo starters" than anything else. KH2FM had several different combo starters (such as sliding dash, flash step, round break, dodge slash, slapshot) but KH1FM only really had a couple.
Overall, I'm actually surprised that they have been making slight additions to the gameplay in this way. Most HD collections make no changes to the gameplay of titles at all. We are luky that Square Enix is putting extra effort into this.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hmm Combo master, if it's the same as the ability in KH3D, it would mean you can perform combos without interruption or attacking an enemy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, now that I'm awake today and my head isn't hurting I can read the japanese much better now.

I am so excited! I hope the PS3 theme is pretty (and doesn't look as boring as the XIII-2 one)

Lenneth

Awards
"Right stick corresponding to the camera operation"

For me, EVERY good game should have this!!! or be able to control with the R2 and L2, It just seems right.

I can sense that I'll do something crazy to get this game pre ordered!!

Ps: I cry everytime I watch Days Ending! * =( * I bet I'll see the cutscenes everyday

Awards
I'm pretty excited about the Days cut scenes. Even though I didn't hate the game, I feel like this is a better format for that story. At this point I'm dying to know whether or not it's going to be edited like a movie or stand alone cut scenes to a hypothetical remake.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It would be lovely if they've included the Japanese voices in the English release.

Sorarocks93

Awards
I don't really remember but wasn't the right stick for moving up and down the commands? We will have to move them with the arrows now? How will I move then?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
It would be lovely if they've included the Japanese voices in the English release.

Along with spanish, french, italian,dutch, and any other languages that were in KH1. It's a blu ray disc that is either 25 or 50 GB. Most PS3 games barely fill even half of the 25 GB one. Come on put all the voices in there.

I don't really remember but wasn't the right stick for moving up and down the commands? We will have to move them with the arrows now? How will I move then?

It was probably be controlled like KH2 where you can use the D-pad or L2 plus analog I think.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I am so excited! I hope the PS3 theme is pretty (and doesn't look as boring as the XIII-2 one)

Pretty much sums up my views on the themes. However, I doubt the themes will be really plain since unlike in FFXIII (where each theme was based on one character) this time there are only 3 themes and they each summarize the whole game so I'm hoping for a group shot. The worst possible thing right now is if the theme is just the cover art of the game with special icons :(

Also, if the "Speech Change" thing really means that you can languages, that would put to rest any hope that they will edit the audio in the game, right? Since that would mean at least in Japan, they are just going to use the English track that we already have, at least IF that is what it means :)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
There isn't really anything new to voice other then the Days movie. RE:COM just needs to be resynced lip movement wise. That's it really

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'm cool with changes, but I don't know I guess sometimes I don't like things changed, but I'll still be buying it regardless. As I no longer can play PS2 anymore.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I myself will just be happy to play KHFM for the first time and R:CoM again on my shiny new PS3. :D Plus getting to watch Days in cutscene form. :3 Anything else, like right-stick camera, etc., are extra candy to me. I cannot wait. *excited dance*

birthbysleep86

Website
www.facebook.com
No new trailer yet huh? I was out all day trying to forget about whats going on in hopes the new trailer would be out when I got back.

There isn't really anything new to voice other then the Days movie. RE:COM just needs to be resynced lip movement wise. That's it really

I am kinda hoping they don't replace Billy Zane's voice in the first Kingdom Hearts cause honestly I know everyone loves the new Ansem's voice but I think Zane's voice just fit Ansem's so well and is better than the new.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, now that I'm awake today and my head isn't hurting I can read the japanese much better now.

Me too lol

It doesn't say you can switch languages, it says that the talk option on the display has been changed. So maybe it has been given a different button?

edit: LOL SCRATCH THAT I FOUND IT

Both of those things are in there, then! Both the talk option command has changed AND the voice/sub language can be swapped!

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Me too lol

It doesn't say you can switch languages, it says that the talk option on the display has been changed. So maybe it has been given a different button?

edit: LOL SCRATCH THAT I FOUND IT

Both of those things are in there, then! Both the talk option command has changed AND the voice/sub language can be swapped!
That's so exciting! Thanks GP. :3

Right stick corresponding to the camera operation.

Thank god.

-Roxas-XIII-

OK, so a few questions still need answering regarding the English AND Japanese speech. If some of these have been answered already, please let me know.

1. The comment in the first post mentions nothing about the game's text (menus, subtitles) so I wonder if this ability to switch speech only applies to the audio or if it also applies to the text as well.

2. IF the games have the ability to switch audio, will the Days 'movie' have that ability as well? Has anyone heard any news on whether or not people like Jessy McCartney, Hayden Panettiere (or Alyson Stoner, whoever is voicing Xion), Quinton Flynn, or any others have actually gone to recording sessions for this? If they haven't it looks like no English movie for us....

With the game having the ability to switch languages, we may only see an 'International release' instead of a Japan release followed by an NA/Europe/Australia release.

So much to ponder..... so little time....

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
OK, so a few questions still need answering regarding the English AND Japanese speech. If some of these have been answered already, please let me know.

1. The comment in the first post mentions nothing about the game's text (menus, subtitles) so I wonder if this ability to switch speech only applies to the audio or if it also applies to the text as well.
The ability to switch between english and japanese audio is probably because the FM's had english audio in them.

2. IF the games have the ability to switch audio, will the Days 'movie' have that ability as well? Has anyone heard any news on whether or not people like Jessy McCartney, Hayden Panettiere (or Alyson Stoner, whoever is voicing Xion), Quinton Flynn, or any others have actually gone to recording sessions for this? If they haven't it looks like no English movie for us....
Just going to throw it out there that there's no reason for us to have heard anything at this point. It's not as though they have an entire game to record, considering the majority is already in english.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
So I get to hear awesome Japanese voice acting whenever I want? Sweet.

-Roxas-XIII-

If there are 2-3 hours of cutscenes, then the amount of English voicovers present in the original DS game is very far from the 'majority'. A lot of new voice recordings would have to be made, so they essentially have almost an entire animated movie to record voices for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back