• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Audio Options

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

meep2meep

Awards
Ok, so I just popped in my copy of 1.5 that I picked up on the weekend at an anime convention (yay) and the first thing I want to do is watch the 358/2 cutscenes. I'm aware that in the NA release the game will have english audio, but I was wondering if (ONLY FOR 358/2, I'm aware final mix has the audio option) can I change the scenes to eng audio with japanese sub text?

Also, for those who want to know and for some reason don't, no the game is not region locked :D

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
If Square Enix was smart they would have had an option for Japanese/English audio for the disc as a whole and hoping they will add one (other languages too). I checked the file size of KH 1.5, less than 20GB of the 25GB disc they have more than enough room to give me multiple audio options.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ok, so I just popped in my copy of 1.5 that I picked up on the weekend at an anime convention (yay) and the first thing I want to do is watch the 358/2 cutscenes. I'm aware that in the NA release the game will have english audio, but I was wondering if (ONLY FOR 358/2, I'm aware final mix has the audio option) can I change the scenes to eng audio with japanese sub text?

Also, for those who want to know and for some reason don't, no the game is not region locked :D
Final Mix and Re:CoM are only in Japanese :c

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
If Square Enix was smart they would have had an option for Japanese/English audio for the disc as a whole and hoping they will add one (other languages too). I checked the file size of KH 1.5, less than 20GB of the 25GB disc they have more than enough room to give me multiple audio options.
That's assuming the FM scenes arent getting english audio.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
They didn't get Japanese audio so I doubt they will get English.

Well they did redub for the Xemnas boss battle. Everything else was pure laziness. Especially since the scenes had 358/2 days VAs that recorded the movie. No excuse for that one or the option to choose between audios and subtitles. Well it can always be a DLC right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well they did redub for the Xemnas boss battle. Everything else was pure laziness. Especially since the scenes had 358/2 days VAs that recorded the movie. No excuse for that one or the option to choose between audios and subtitles. Well it can always be a DLC right?

Or we can be happy and satisfied that we get anything at all~

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Are you sure that scene was redubbed, and not just had previous audio cut-and-paste?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Well they did redub for the Xemnas boss battle. Everything else was pure laziness.

If you're talking about the part where Sora asks Xemnas who he is, I'm pretty sure that was stock audio. They pretty much did the same thing in the GBA version of CoM and recycled Sora's lines.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
They didn't get Japanese audio so I doubt they will get English.
I doubt it as well, but Japan is japan. Not everything that applies there is gonna apply here.

With new fans, we could easily find ourselves faced with a lot of the same question about there not being voices in some scenes.

or not. It can go either way.

If you're talking about the part where Sora asks Xemnas who he is, I'm pretty sure that was stock audio. They pretty much did the same thing in the GBA version of CoM and recycled Sora's lines.
As far as I know, the gba fmvs were not voiced.

Unless you're talking about the battle sounds.

AlbertJ

Awards

That was not a redub. That was audio taken from earlier in the game and edited for that scene. If you watch the scene before the Xemnas fight and the scene where Sora meets Ansem in the cave at the beginning of the game, his lines are exactly the same.

meep2meep

Awards
Just for conformation, already beat it. There is NO english audio in the entire game (kinda sucks) and the re-dub is exclusive for the 358/2 cutscenes. To be honest though... the Japanese dub is f*ing hilarious; Sora, Riku and Kairi sound perfect and listening to the disney characters just make me rofl.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just for conformation, already beat it. There is NO english audio in the entire game (kinda sucks) and the re-dub is exclusive for the 358/2 cutscenes. To be honest though... the Japanese dub is f*ing hilarious; Sora, Riku and Kairi sound perfect and listening to the disney characters just make me rofl.

Yeah, King Chaser and I also have Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX. We confirmed this fact on our main website months ago lol

(Please do not circumvent the censor. If you want to type fuck, the system will censor it for you and anybody caught using "f*ing" or other forms of circumvention will receive an infraction)

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
As far as I know, the gba fmvs were not voiced.

Unless you're talking about the battle sounds.

Like AlbertJ said, the lines being referenced surrounding Xemnas at Hollow Bastion in KHFM were recycled. I was speaking about the battle sounds in CoM just to give another example where the audio engineers borrowed previously used dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back