• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 Might Go To PS4/XBox One Says IGN

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX may have only just been released in America on Playstation 3 a few hours ago, but IGN were quick to question Kingdom Hearts Series Co-Director Tai Yasue about the elephant in the room.

With Kingdom Hearts 3 coming to Playstation 4 and Xbox One, IGN questioned Yasue about whether or not there is a possibility for the ReMIX's to make the jump onto the same platform at Kingdom Hearts 3.

"I think [putting the games on PS4] is something we’ll explore. We understand what our players want, so we will explore the possibility. I’m not making any announcements though, we can’t make any announcements yet!"

While the purpose of the ReMIX's were to catch fans up on the story Kingdom Hearts, Xbox users have been left high and dry without any collection of their own, something that is odd since Kingdom Hearts 3 will be making arriving on the Xbox One. 

"It’s a big old question," he says. "There’s a lot of things we need to think of when we consider consoles. One of them is what our players want, so we will definitely consider that. But there’s also schedule constraints, as we really don’t want the development of Kingdom Hearts III going later, so we have that to think about. We’ll consider all these things and come to a decision."

What do you think? Is it too soon to start questioning whether the ReMIX's should make the jump or should it have originally been released on these platforms?

Dark Wing

Awards
as long as they don't put out an all new collector's edition for a console I don't even own yet. my wallet can't take anymore T_T

BEASTENDER

Kingdom Hearts 2 is not only my favorite KH game, but it is officially my favorite game of all time, which is truly saying something considering the hundreds of games I've played in my 20 years. When I learned the Final Mix version was coming to the U.S., I was ecstatic. Only to be crushed, learning that it was only for PS3. I had a Xbox 360 for last gen games, and am planning on buying a PS4 for KH3, FFXV, Etc. I literally bought a brand new PS2 for the first time sometime in 2009, just to play Kingdom Hearts 2. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a new PS3 just for games I already own with slight differences and additions.

A PS4 is a definite for me, so it would have been a wasteful investment to buy both. I sincerely hope it comes to PS4 eventually, even if it's digital (I really dislike digital). Originally I was going to import final mix and use that strange software that allows you to play JP games, and load english patches. I'm really glad I didn't, and I hope I can be even more glad if they decide to make it available to current gen systems.

Heartkeeper

Awards
I think it should happen, specially for Xbox user, it makes no sense to release KHIII in Xbox1 if their users can enjoy the rest of the story in that platform or previous Microsoft consoles.

I hope they are not greedy and release 1.5+2.5 in a pack.

Billi_5

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 must be on those consoles because Ps4 and Xbox One Players wants to play those games on their consoles like many years before the kingdom hearts series were playing on Ps2 PSP and Nitendo

axel95

Awards
I take anything Kingdom Hearts related from IGN with a grain of salt, but I'm all for this. Especially for Xbox users. And if it means we could platinum the games again, I'd be all for it! Gotta get those trophies!

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
If that happens release it for Steam too please, along with Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV.:smile:

BlazeHeatnix

It would probably be a digital release with no modifications, though it might fix the longer load times.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't hate XBox, but I find it dumb from SE, to release it on XBox.

On the games' boxes, there stands 'Only on Playstation', which is cool!
I'm one of the Fans, who says "KH started on PS, so just bring it on PS!", you know?

In my Opinion, they're just doing that for money.

Every game, that's on 2 Consoles, is bad.
Let's say...Naturo, or Dragonball.

KH was super, the way it was since now.

Just my Opinion, please don't take this as hate. :cool:

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I kind of have to agree with Muke. Final Fantasy went downhill when it went multi platform. 13 was my least favorite of the main titles and the Nintendo KH games were also my least favorites.
I just feel like the quality of SE games is best on Playstation for some reason.

WanPisu

Awards
I kind of have to agree with Muke. Final Fantasy went downhill when it went multi platform. 13 was my least favorite of the main titles and the Nintendo KH games were also my least favorites.
I just feel like the quality of SE games is best on Playstation for some reason.

That's a pretty silly example. They've only released the Lightning-saga since it went multi-platform and you don't know if there's a connection at all.

As for the main topic itself, I don't mind if it doesn't get in the way of KH3.

wolfshadow

Considering it took the morons at SE 4-7 years to consider porting it to PS3, expect KH UltraMix HD on PS4 and Xbox One sometime around 2021.

or it'll be called Kingdom Hearts: The Xehanort Saga or something to that effect. And it will contain 1.5, 2.5, and 3.5 (Kingdom hearts 3 Final Mix, Re: Chi, and DDD Final mix).

Javelin434

Awards
I always thought that the ReMixes would be better served on the next gen consoles, if only because of their graphics capabilities. But releasing them on the PS3 is still justified, since we've been waiting too long for these games to release. -.-'

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I always thought that the ReMixes would be better served on the next gen consoles, if only because of their graphics capabilities. But releasing them on the PS3 is still justified, since we've been waiting too long for these games to release. -.-'

Another reason might also have been that PS2 games may be easier to port to PS3 than to PS4.
SE did only put minimal resources into the HD remasters anyways in order to not impede anything regarding KH III which was put to be forefront priority by both Disney and the new upper management of Square.

Either way though the timing of the HD remasters was/is off.
They should have either released them earlier when the PS3 was still in full throttle or waited a bit longer and then release them all directly to PS4.

MardukKurios

I would prefer I.5 and II.5 for PlayStation Vita as well, just because of the reason that I am mostly working and don't find much time just playing at home - this was a super big plus for Final Fantasy X and X-2! I bought it for both PS3 and Vita and I would do the same for Kingdom Hearts - even importing Japanese Versions as well.

PS4 and XboxOne would be nice as well but actually I would be happy if I could take those Games on a Trip to work with me, since I am most of my time at work or on my way to my home/work.

I really hope for a "Handheld" Version as well! :redface:

And it would be cool for BBS as well, since Square Enix never wanted it to be released for Digital Download on PSN.

devilsTrinity

I hope not. That's so much overkill.

I literally almost own all the games three times over.. all for different consoles and such.

It's pretty much a cashgrab now. There is literally no reason to put them on PS4 and XBOXONE with them coming out now.

Kinda irks me actually.

(as I walk out the door to pick up KH 2.5)

ER_Mac3

Well, I do hope this really happens, would be great to play all of the HD remasters on next-gen consoles.
This would be a really good decision, considering a lot of fans and new players would be able to experience the whole saga again before closing it on KHIII. The more people that have access to the game, the better, stronger fanbase, and more support for future sagas! :D

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Honestly, I could only see these being released as digital downloads. It would cost a lot just porting to PS4 discs and on a new console with different controls like XB1. It would also delay KH3 even more and they just released them on PS3 within the last 2 years! Also someone had made a good point that many games are still being made for PS3 and 360 and a rerelease on a new console should at least wait until they stop making games for the old ones. Not to mention the majority of the world probably doesn't have as many current-gen consoles as old consoles yet. I could see digital but not a disc remix for current-gen consoles it just seems like a money issue.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I think there's probably enough of a demand that they'll port them to PS4 eventually. I would buy an Ultimate Collection for PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back