• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 0.2- the dark secret...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedshocker

You know, it really urks me to bring this up...but I've been hearing about it in different places. What if Mickey does know of Aqua; but didn't talk about her due to the fact that she actually did meet her end in the Realm of Darkness, and that's why we never hear of her again from Mickey...?

But again, this wouldn't actually fit, as Mickey still does list her as one of the guardians in DDD. However...it does raise the question on if there will be any characters who will end up making a sacrifice, much like Sora and Xion did, but in a more permanent kind of way.

And, is it perhaps possible that Mickey just acts as if she is still around?
Crazier things have happened.

TLDR: What do you think of a permanent "killing off" and do you think it will happen in either 0.2 or KHIII?

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Well, if there is any killing off of characters, it won't happen in 0.2. Considering this is during Aqua's travelling of the Realm of Darkness, and Blank Points happens after Ansem the Wise explodes with the Kingdom Hearts Encoder, it'd be impossible for Aqua to be killed off at the moment. She's a bit too important to be disposed of right now. So I don't think 0.2 will be particularly dark, aside from it's dark environment.

As for killing off characters... I just assume that no-one who isn't dead already dies at this point. Axel's death was a big deal, and he and the other apprentices were reincarnated as their original selves. Ansem the Wise made a poetic sacrifice to atone for the harm he wrought upon the characters by exploding with the KH Encoder, and just wound up in the Realm of Darkness again. Although, if there is any killing off of characters, it can only happen in Kingdom Hearts III now, and the only one I can really think of at this point is Xehanort. But even then, I doubt he'll actually die.

Either way, no matter how many sacrifices are made, the character in question always survives in one way or another.

Last edited:

Wildbullet

It's Disney; when have they ever let anyone especially a major character die on-screen? Square-Enix wouldn't dare to do it either, unless maybe it's a girl who likes flowers and the method being a Muramasa driven through her gut, but I doubt it'll happen here. A keyblade completely impaling someone to catatonia is more likely to happen though.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I doubt they'd kill Aqua. Besides, we know a little thing like death wouldn't stop a character from coming back in KH... :tongue:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
You know, it really urks me to bring this up...but I've been hearing about it in different places. What if Mickey does know of Aqua; but didn't talk about her due to the fact that she actually did meet her end in the Realm of Darkness, and that's why we never hear of her again from Mickey...?

Impossible, Mickey was in the realm of Darkness at the end of KH1/beginning of CoM. That would have been the timeline he saw Aqua, if he did.

The last we saw of Aqua, she's alive and well in the Realm of Darkness when she meets Ansem in Blank Points on the shore. This happens after KH2 and is one of the most current points in the series that we know of.

It's Disney; when have they ever let anyone especially a major character die on-screen?
The most recent explicit one I can think of is Ray in Princess and the Frog and technically Flynn in Tangled. But you're right in that I don't think Aqua is marked for death.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's Disney; when have they ever let anyone especially a major character die on-screen? Square-Enix wouldn't dare to do it either, unless maybe it's a girl who likes flowers and the method being a Muramasa driven through her gut, but I doubt it'll happen here. A keyblade completely impaling someone to catatonia is more likely to happen though.

[video=youtube;eO1VvWAVg9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO1VvWAVg9Q[/video]

In all seriousness, if anybody deserve to be sacrificed then it's Ventus. Unlike every other character, he wanted to consciously be sacrificed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;eO1VvWAVg9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO1VvWAVg9Q[/video]

In all seriousness, if anybody deserve to be sacrificed then it's Ventus. Unlike every other character, he wanted to consciously be sacrificed.

I think the fact that he was willing to sacrifice himself is pretty much the reason why he SHOULDN'T die.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think the fact that he was willing to sacrifice himself is pretty much the reason why he SHOULDN'T die.

I want to be 100% sure on this, apparently Nomura stated that a character in the series will be sacrificed in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Ventus looks identical to Roxas and it's plot relevance for his hypothetical sacrifice to occur. Every time Ventus is alive, Vanitas is alive. They're two halves of a whole. Vanitas is too powerful and he's developed a will of his own to return back to Ventus. The only way to permanently get rid of Vanitas is to get rid of Ventus. This isn't personal, I just think it makes the most sense.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
the dark secret is mickey's incredible negligence for 10 years lol

I want to be 100% sure on this, apparently Nomura stated that a character in the series will be sacrificed in Kingdom Hearts 3.

He most definitely never said that. He hasn't said much at all about the plot and he definitely wouldn't give away something like that before the game releases. He ain't a TV showrunner.

Anagram

Banned
the dark secret is mickey's incredible negligence for 10 years lol

Coded, Mickey: "Oh sh*t I forgot about them guys!" *writes letter*
DDD, Mickey: "Hmm....seems like I'm forgetting something...."
BBSv2, Sora: "Soooo ever gonna go into details about those friends?" Mickey "What frien- OH NO!"

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
There's no way Aqua will be axed before the events of KH3. First of all, because she is the sole character who can access the Chamber of Awakening, she's got some plot armor. It just wouldn't do to have Ventus left to an unresolved fate, after all this talk about saving these people. Secondly, I think she's too popular amongst the fandom to be killed off without some major backlash. Third, even if she did get "killed," since when has death EVER stopped ANYONE during this story? (Okay fine, besides Repliku, but you get my point, right?)

Which leads to the idea of perma-sacrifice in general for the series... it's just not really something that happens. Characters have been sacrificing themselves and "dying" since game one, but that's never stopped them from coming back, sometimes not that long afterwards. If- and that's a big if- a character were to do any kinda self-sacrifice act, chances are they'd be brought back through deus-ex-machina (like usual) or the game would hint that they're still out there, alive.
I don't think that granting death wishes is a very good message to the kids. XD Besides, Ven's already nearly annihilated himself once, and I'd hate to see eleven years of recuperation get wasted on another sacrifice act.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Coded, Mickey: "Oh sh*t I forgot about them guys!" *writes letter*
DDD, Mickey: "Hmm....seems like I'm forgetting something...."
BBSv2, Sora: "Soooo ever gonna go into details about those friends?" Mickey "What frien- OH NO!"

BBS Mickey: "Xehanort!"
KH2 Mickey: "Xehanort? Oh yeah, that's right!"

Morgenstern

Awards
BBS Mickey: "Xehanort!"
KH2 Mickey: "Xehanort? Oh yeah, that's right!"

This macro seems relevant again

Some-memes-part2-kingdom-hearts-and-final-fantasy-32847130-500-373.jpg

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Mickey only remembers things when it's convenient for the plot, let's be honest. Kinda like how Sora kept forgetting everything Yen Sid told him in DDD in order to help the player understand specific situations (even though the player was smart enough to deduce it, and Sora being that dumb was really annoying).

Mr. Megaverse

I like the idea of Mickey not talking about TAV because it's too painful of a failure for him. I'd actually accept that explanation.

As for people dying, it does happen (Jafar, Clayton, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Scar, Ect.) given it's usually Disney villains, but it counts. All the other "deaths" in the series aren't really death. The Secret Ansem Reports make it clear that death occurs when the soul leaves the body. Heartless and Nobodies are created when the heart is consumed by darkness, which does not count as death. My whole thing is why Nobodies can survive and be reborn as whole being despite being defeated in ways that would normally kill a whole being. But regardless Aqua isn't dying in 0.2 since she's going to be pivotal in KH3. The only character I can see dying on the good guy's side is Terra in trying to stop Xehanort.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I should've clarified.:wink: What I meant was when did any protagonist and major supporting character ever died a permanent death in Disney's watch?

Never, because Nomura himself stated that death doesn't really exist as a concept in the KH universe. Sure, you can strike someone down, but the heart and such that makes them who they are can't be destroyed, so they can always come back eventually.

Emperor

Never, because Nomura himself stated that death doesn't really exist as a concept in the KH universe. Sure, you can strike someone down, but the heart and such that makes them who they are can't be destroyed, so they can always come back eventually.

Well, death is a concept in this universe, it's just never really capitalized on. I'm pretty sure there's a DDD report that says that when the soul leaves the body it equates as death.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Death is a thing, Ansem report confirms it, it just doesn't happen to anyone outside of the Disney canon/Auron/probably Zack.

And apparently Riku Replica, but we'll see.

Wildbullet

What happens to a heart when the body dies? Does it go back to Kingdom Hearts and stays there or gets reincarnated and nourishes it [Kingdom Hearts] with each lifetime of experience a la The Spirits Within?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back