• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearths X (Chi) Analysis: The downfall of the Foretellers and the shared blame

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionic Puppy

So I guess this deserved a thread within itself? IDK, it's just some cool thoughts, yet again on KHX.

So, the gist (to me) of KHXBC is introducing KHX to a larger audience, and make sure everyone is in the loop, and its done very well. It follows the downfall of the Foretellers, five apprentices, to one Master of Masters. All of whom share names with the latin of the Seven Deadly Sins (fma y/n). I'm here to talk to you about my theory on the downfall of the Foretellers, and how each was in part responsible for this.

But, what was the downfall? Simple. It started off with the announcement that there was a traitor in the group of foretellers. After the leader, Ira announced this, everyone became more distant almost instantly. People went around this differently, though. Aced declared that Ira should be overthrown, and he should become the new leader, which the master proclaimed might end up happening. Ava began training her troops more thoroughly, getting ready for the keyblade war, which was becoming more and more inevitable. Gula joined forces with Aced but still continued to watch from afar, joined by Invi, who often reported back to Ira, who was burying himself in his work to find and uproot the traitor. Altogether, this led to the downfall of the Foretellers, and the start of the Keyblade War. But how did it get to this? Well, let's take every person in turn.

Ira
Pronounced the new leader by the Master of Masters and a thorough thinker, Ira was arguably the catalyst for many more catalysts to come. This was because of the first words that were spoken in Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover.
I believe there is a traitor among us.
This set the whole mess into motion. Not only did this make the traitor know that they are on to them, but it gave everyone a feeling of distrust of... well... everyone. Ira set this whole mess into motion.

Invi
Invi did her role perfectly, to watch others, and report to Ira. She was Ira's right-hand woman, and therefore, probably raised the most suspicion out of all of the members. After Ira's colossal balls-up, the foretellers could easily think that with all the time they have spent communicating, Ira and Invi were traitors and that they were joining forces. Although one could argue Invi did the least wrong, her presence alone unsettled the foretellers, which not only makes you question her but also admire her, for her presence is strong enough for most.

Ava
Ava dons the mask of the fox and is responsible for training young talented keyblade warriors and then disperse them among the lands. This meant that the light of the world could still live on, through the hearts of children. This meant Ava was effectively raising an army, which meant that along with Invi, her presence was the most feared of them all. After all, although it was Master's teachings and rules, if Ava turned, and her Union came with her, she would undoubtedly win. This meant she as a whole put all the foretellers on edge.

Gula
The one tasked with unraveling the mysteries of the book of prophecies, Gula arguably had the most important role, and also a role which is one of the closest to the Master of Masters. Everything hinged on how he judged something, for if he foretold the intricacies wrong future, the consequences could be devastating. For that reason, I believe Gula was the most influential. Which was why he brought along the biggest downfall of them all. Not only did he watch, whilst he knew what would happen, whilst he knew that there was a traitor, he simply watched as the group unraveled, then he just started gathering Lux. Knowing that the only way to bring Master back was to bring all the Lux to one point, and call forth Kingdom hearts, which I think sparked the Keyblade war. Meaning Gula is indirectly responsible for this whole mess.

Aced
Now we get into the people who take more action. Aced is ultimately a power-hungry person, and after hearing that he was essentially the "Vice-Leader" who's job in the meantime was to spur Ira into action, he did both very well and is arguably the most loyal to Master. However, Aced jumped to a lot of confusions, and was at the heart of many accusations fired around due to his attitude as a whole. Due to this, Aced brought forward the doom of the foretellers at a breakneck pace. And could be argued to be one of the driving forces to the downfall of the Foretellers

So, what does that whole shpeal mean? Simple, all of the foretellers who played a major speaking part in KHXBC brought among the demise of them all, and the last page in the book of prophecies.

I may include Luxu and MoM later, but right now I'm tired and hungry so excuse me.

Tell me what you think!

Muke

whatever
Awards
Invi
Invi did her role perfectly, to watch others, and report to Ira. She was Ira's right-hand woman, and therefore, probably raised the most suspicion out of all of the members. After Ira's colossal balls-up, the foretellers could easily think that with all the time they have spent communicating, Ira and Invi were traitors and that they were joining forces. Although one could argue Invi did the least wrong, her presence alone unsettled the foretellers, which not only makes you question her but also admire her, for her presence is strong enough for most.
Invi sucked at her role tbh. She was supposed to observe and make sure everyone got along - she was never told to report to Ira. Nobody wanted to trust her anymore because she always reported to Ira instead of observing and speaking up when needed.

Ava
Ava dons the mask of the fox and is responsible for training young talented keyblade warriors and then disperse them among the lands. This meant that the light of the world could still live on, through the hearts of children. This meant Ava was effectively raising an army, which meant that along with Invi, her presence was the most feared of them all. After all, although it was Master's teachings and rules, if Ava turned, and her Union came with her, she would undoubtedly win. This meant she as a whole put all the foretellers on edge.
What? She wasn't "effectively raising an army". Her Union doesn't even have anything to do with the Dandelions, since they are Keyblade Wielders gathered from all the different Unions.

Gula
The one tasked with unraveling the mysteries of the book of prophecies, Gula arguably had the most important role, and also a role which is one of the closest to the Master of Masters. Everything hinged on how he judged something, for if he foretold the intricacies wrong future, the consequences could be devastating. For that reason, I believe Gula was the most influential. Which was why he brought along the biggest downfall of them all. Not only did he watch, whilst he knew what would happen, whilst he knew that there was a traitor, he simply watched as the group unraveled, then he just started gathering Lux. Knowing that the only way to bring Master back was to bring all the Lux to one point, and call forth Kingdom hearts, which I think sparked the Keyblade war. Meaning Gula is indirectly responsible for this whole mess.
Everyone knew there was a traitor, though. And again… what makes you think he was just watching? He fought againt Aced because he thought he might be the traitor, he was willing to summon Kingdom Hearts so the Master came back and bought an end to all of this. Gula is not responsible for the Keyblade War at all and talking more about this would mean to spoil KHX. You should watch some cutscenes, I'm sure that would clear many things up! Here's KHinsider's YouTube playlist.

Aced
Now we get into the people who take more action. Aced is ultimately a power-hungry person, and after hearing that he was essentially the "Vice-Leader" who's job in the meantime was to spur Ira into action, he did both very well and is arguably the most loyal to Master. However, Aced jumped to a lot of confusions, and was at the heart of many accusations fired around due to his attitude as a whole. Due to this, Aced brought forward the doom of the foretellers at a breakneck pace. And could be argued to be one of the driving forces to the downfall of the Foretellers
Aced… the most loyal? What? He was willing to break the rules of alliances and fought against Invi because he wanted to defy his teachings.

So, what does that whole shpeal mean?
"shpeal"?

Also, Luxu is a Foreteller as well… just so you know.

Bionic Puppy

Invi sucked at her role tbh. She was supposed to observe and make sure everyone got along - she was never told to report to Ira. Nobody wanted to trust her anymore because she always reported to Ira instead of observing and speaking up when needed.

What? She wasn't "effectively raising an army". Her Union doesn't even have anything to do with the Dandelions, since they are Keyblade Wielders gathered from all the different Unions.

Everyone knew there was a traitor, though. And again… what makes you think he was just watching? He fought againt Aced because he thought he might be the traitor, he was willing to summon Kingdom Hearts so the Master came back and bought an end to all of this. Gula is not responsible for the Keyblade War at all and talking more about this would mean to spoil KHX. You should watch some cutscenes, I'm sure that would clear many things up! Here's KHinsider's YouTube playlist.

Aced… the most loyal? What? He was willing to break the rules of alliances and fought against Invi because he wanted to defy his teachings.

"shpeal"?

Also, Luxu is a Foreteller as well… just so you know.

My fingers hurt and I didn't have too much info on Luxu so I kinda ran in the other direction on that one.

My bad on Invi, i thought her job was to report to Ira, no wonder the others had their suspicions

The dandelions were the army. After all, Ava was tasked with raising talented young keyblade warriors,think what masses of the best of the best could do against the rest of the Unions.

I man Gula knew beforehand that there would be a traitor, he could have prepared. And sorry about my KHX lack of knowledge, I'm phone-less ;-;

Aced stayed closest to the masters rules for him if you ask me. All he wanted to do was fulfill his duty, whether as a surrogate leader or one who takes action. He performed this well in my eyes.

Britspeak :D

Thanks for your reply though, it seems I have a lot more research to do.

Muke

whatever
Awards
KHX is the Browser game, actually. You should really watch through the playlist, it will surely clear some things up, especially towards the end. ^^

Midori

Awards
I think the downfall of the foretellers came from their unwillingness to think for themselves. (I'll add more later.)

Dumblescored

Awards
My sanctuary, where fears and lies melt away
BEHOLD!!
OPINIONS!!
CHARACTER ANALYSIS!!
DRAMA!!

Ira wasn't at all power hungry, but he was controlling. He sat behind his desk and became absorbed in his work and studies, and mostly just talked to Invi. I don't know what their rapport was like before MoM left, but in the events of back cover he seems like the boss of the other foretellers instead of a friend or comrade. This disconnect with the others easily could lead to distrust, and boy did that happen. His speech about the traitor was indeed foolish as Aced rightly stated.

Invi is my favorite character in the traitor situation, because it's so brilliant. She is doing what the MoM wants, but in the way she thinks it should go. Relaying information to Ira is her way of keeping the peace between everyone, acting as her idea of the mediator. She truly respects those in authority, made clear when she only ever showed her mouth to the MoM throughout the film. She seems to believe that relaying information to their leader, Ira, is the best way to solve disputes. Boom, instant paranoia. No one likes a human NSA.

Ava is just doing her job. It's innocent, and aids everyone. MoM however told her to keep it secret. You can see that Invi immediately understands what the Dandelions are when Ava explains. If the MoM didn't tell her to keep it a secret I doubt anyone would make much of a fuss.

Other than Aced. He is power hungry to a heavy fault, and wants to be the leader. Of course MoM made him play the adviser. Have you heard of Jafar? Obadiah Stane? That guy from the Dictator? MoM just applied a coat of genre savviness, and let set. Aced isn't evil, but he isn't someone who likes to take orders. Aced was the best choice for a secret army, Ava was the best for an advisor.

Gula was the keeper of the missing page, and the most sus' if ever discovered. I mean, if you have a book that tells the future, and you find someone who just happens to have that page, dear lord you would ring the alarm bells. He is the most distrustful because of this, and the most cunning. The paranoia he has is insane after being so alone for so long, and the MoM probably knew that was going to happen. The page isn't even useful. He was given a prophecy that only makes sense in retrospect. I mean without knowledge only contained in freakin' KH3D he would never have figured it out.

Luxu was given a big red button with the words do not push. Rename him to pandora, because that box is going to open one day. His personality in BC was just "confused person" so there isn't much there to say. As the only one who "Bares the Sigil" he is the most likely traitor, but if so it would feel like a cop out. That box, however, was never meant to stay closed.

The master of masters is tricky. When watching BC for the 8th time I noticed he gave every foreteller the wrong job.
Ira: Traitor detective / Gula
Invi: Leader / Ira
Ava: Advisor / Aced
Aced: Dandelions / Ava
Gula: Watcher / Invi
I already pointed out why the A names should swap, but the others still need convincing. Ira is undoubtedly clever, shown in the hill scene, and can take action if he needs to. The main advantage is he isn't as shrewd as Gula and wouldn't become so defeatist, like Gula does at the end of the browser version. He would be driven and have the strength of heart to do the job he needs to.

Invi is someone who respects authority too much to follow the orders of someone else, so if you give her the authority she will respect the need of the others. This is evident when she slows down her reports at Aced's request. She listens to others, but she listens to some too much.

Ava would be the best advisor, especially to Invi. She could honestly be the advisor or the watcher, but she seems to work better as an active helper then someone in the sidelines. She has shown her ability to be the alternative leader with the Dandelions, and her friendship with Invi is apparent. The bridge scene, my favourite scene of any media ever, shows their mutual trust in each other, and their relationship as almost family. Invi was quick to understand because she trusts Ava. Something that can't be said of most other characters.

Aced is the general archtype. He's the bear because he's scary, cue dumb laughter. He admittedly isn't the most trustworthy with more power, but what he truly wants is to be the leader. If you give him power over the best of the best, he would train them to be the strongest they can, and they would aid his need. By giving him that power, you stop him reaching for more. The MoM was starving his needs, with his current job, and hurting him more by not telling him about the Dandelions, and not him giving him command.

Gula is a tough cookie. The last on my little list because he isn't suited for any other jobs. He is intelligent, in competition with Ira, but he isn't trusting. As visible in his scene with the master of masters, he can analyse with the best of them, and reach conclusions that others would take a long while to get to quickly. As a watcher he would be able to be the first person to see the problem, but at his current personality I would doubt he would also be the first to act. This job sort of swings on the idea that his current job has deeply affected him.

To summarise: The MoM is a clever monkey who doesn't deserve a treat and there is no single traitor but a collective failure due to deep seeded doubts and mistrust sown by the MoM in the form of the roles.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
BEHOLD!!
OPINIONS!!
CHARACTER ANALYSIS!!
DRAMA!!

Ira wasn't at all power hungry, but he was controlling. He sat behind his desk and became absorbed in his work and studies, and mostly just talked to Invi. I don't know what their rapport was like before MoM left, but in the events of back cover he seems like the boss of the other foretellers instead of a friend or comrade. This disconnect with the others easily could lead to distrust, and boy did that happen. His speech about the traitor was indeed foolish as Aced rightly stated.

Agreed. Ira didn't lead, he ordered. If he had lead, things probably wouldn't have seemed so sketchy. He wouldn't have kept secrets between him and Invi from the rest of the foretellers. He probably would have been more involved in helping Aced deal with his anger issues if he bothered to give him the time of day. Ira had the potential to fix everything, but acted way too late and ended up trying to piece together a charred puzzle whose image disappeared a long time ago.

Invi is my favorite character in the traitor situation, because it's so brilliant. She is doing what the MoM wants, but in the way she thinks it should go. Relaying information to Ira is her way of keeping the peace between everyone, acting as her idea of the mediator. She truly respects those in authority, made clear when she only ever showed her mouth to the MoM throughout the film. She seems to believe that relaying information to their leader, Ira, is the best way to solve disputes. Boom, instant paranoia. No one likes a human NSA.

Aaaaand this is why I personally hate Invi as a character. Her job is to simply be a watcher, a babysitter almost, to her colleagues. Sure, you could argue that she does think she's helping everyone by reporting to Ira, but all she's really doing in this situation is furthering distrust and deepening a divide in between the foretellers and Aced that otherwise did not need to be marred. If everyone had simply listened to Aced's points for like five seconds then maybe this whole ordeal wouldn't have happened. If I had to pick someone to be the traitor, it'd probably be Invi. She was the one that planted seeds of doubt that screwed with everything.

Ava is just doing her job. It's innocent, and aids everyone. MoM however told her to keep it secret. You can see that Invi immediately understands what the Dandelions are when Ava explains. If the MoM didn't tell her to keep it a secret I doubt anyone would make much of a fuss.

Agreed, Ava is thebomb.com ^u^ She's also my favorite character out of the entire group, she's kind and hopeful throughout the whole thing, yet smart, resourceful, and loyal to her cause all of the way through. She's the only foreteller I wanted to see on the other side.

Other than Aced. He is power hungry to a heavy fault, and wants to be the leader. Of course MoM made him play the adviser. Have you heard of Jafar? Obadiah Stane? That guy from the Dictator? MoM just applied a coat of genre savviness, and let set. Aced isn't evil, but he isn't someone who likes to take orders. Aced was the best choice for a secret army, Ava was the best for an advisor.

Aced didn't have a secret army... what? I don't think that comparison of the adviser is great, since we don't actually see him doing any true second-in-command stuff in the movie. Maybe that's the reason he was so frustrated; in the end, the Master gave him a toy roll that he could pretend to play around with and no substantial job in the end. Naturally, he wanted to try and save the universe himself. I don't blame Aced for anything he's feeling; he's probably one of the better developed foretellers in this game.

Gula was the keeper of the missing page, and the most sus' if ever discovered. I mean, if you have a book that tells the future, and you find someone who just happens to have that page, dear lord you would ring the alarm bells. He is the most distrustful because of this, and the most cunning. The paranoia he has is insane after being so alone for so long, and the MoM probably knew that was going to happen. The page isn't even useful. He was given a prophecy that only makes sense in retrospect. I mean without knowledge only contained in freakin' KH3D he would never have figured it out.

The problem with Gula is that he's distrustful but also not very thoughtful. He keeps careful to not tell anyone of the page, but he also isn't smart enough to realize that he might be completely misinterpreting the page. If the theory of the Master kickstarting the keyblade war not by seeing it in the future already but by planting those seeds of doubt early on is true, then Gula absolutely played right into his hand. Gula read this passage and assumed "Duhhhhh, Aced just has to be the bad guy!" without ever thinking the entire thing through to the end. He pretty much came to the conclusion the fans of this series came to originally at the end of the game; Aced's an asshole, everyone else is the good guy. What he doesn't realize is that Aced's aggressive nature and attitude comes from a place of light, just like the other four of them. Gula could also be considered a traitor in this way. He even seems to regret seeking out Aced in his dialogue from the original X; he's talking to the player and Skuld, and he seems to realize that he completely misinterpreted the passage he was given and foolishly kickstarted this whole war along with everyone else. Luxu might have truly kicked it off, but the blame on who caused it belongs primarily to Ira, Invi, and especially Gula.

Luxu was given a big red button with the words do not push. Rename him to pandora, because that box is going to open one day. His personality in BC was just "confused person" so there isn't much there to say. As the only one who "Bares the Sigil" he is the most likely traitor, but if so it would feel like a cop out. That box, however, was never meant to stay closed.

No matter what, making him the traitor would feel like a cop-out. And I know they'll make that happen too, and he'll pull back his hood in III and he'll have Xehanort's face or whatever and we'll all inevitably scream in horror at the horribly contrived plot points this led us to. Can't wait for the opening of the box!

The master of masters is tricky. When watching BC for the 8th time I noticed he gave every foreteller the wrong job.

I don't really agree with this, but whatever.

To summarise: The MoM is a clever monkey who doesn't deserve a treat and there is no single traitor but a collective failure due to deep seeded doubts and mistrust sown by the MoM in the form of the roles.

Pretty much. I also believe that the Master of Masters cares about some of his students, but that's just me. For some reason, his scenes with Ava... he does care about preservation of the universe, maybe he's just preparing for the inevitable in his own fucked up way.

Luxu... we need to know more about him. I got fucking nothingggggggg from him in that god damn movie.

Muke

whatever
Awards
What? Aced and Dandelions? No.
The MoM obviously chose Ava because the Keyblade Wielders would relate to her, at least that's my headcanon, lol. Aced wouldn't make much of a sense, everyone'd be running away from him.

Ira as the 'detective'… sure, why not?
I dunno, the idea of Invi being the leader doesn't sit well with me. Neither does Gula being the mediator, really.

Eh, I think the roles are perfectly fine as they are. ^^'

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
What? Aced and Dandelions? No.
The MoM obviously chose Ava because the Keyblade Wielders would relate to her, at least that's my headcanon, lol. Aced wouldn't make much of a sense, everyone'd be running away from him.
This is what I thought too. Back Cover's journal outright stated that many Keykids view her more as a friend because of her younger age, and Chi/UX have both stated that she's much more approachable than the other Foretellers.

What's more, the Dandelions, as the MoM put it, are the last hope for the world. Apocalypse is gonna happen anyways and the Dandelions are the designated survivors. Now remember that Ava is very loyal to the MoM's teachings- she states many times that she wants to follow his orders, and according to Gula, she's "always walking the straight and narrow," but often does so effectively. Compare her to Aced, who seems a little less than complacent with the MoM's orders from the get-go, and is the first to start breaking the rules by forming secret alliances and the like. Organizing the one thing that stands between existence and absolute annihilation is a task that can't afford failure, so the MoM probably entrusted this job to Ava not only because she gets along well with Keykids, but also because she's one of the least likely to screw her job up.

Also, the Dandelions were never meant to be an army. At least, they were never explicitly stated to be. An army is a group organized for the purpose of fighting. The Dandelions might have been made up of the talented and strong-hearted (those with "potential" as the MoM put it), but fighting never comes up when discussing their purpose; in fact, they are supposed to FLEE when the war starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back