• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Heart III developed by BBS team

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skykh

RPG Site ‏@RPGSite 2u
Kingdom Hearts 3 is being developed by the team in Osaka - 1.5 and BBS team. Not Nomura's team.

Lost_theMad

Re: Kingdom Heart III developed by bbs team

Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? I personally can't say myself because I never really looked into the differences of the two in any real detail in the games.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I'd say it's generally a good thing, for all intensive purposes Osaka Team has been the "KH Team" for a while already. Although I suspect that OT will either work on KH3 temporality before PDD1 takes over or they'll be working with each other side by side.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I actually expected both teams to overlap somewhat when it comes to develop KH III. More manpower also means they can accomplish things faster.

And if I recall correctly Nomura once said that the Osaka Team has effectively become the "main KH team" anyways.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

And if I recall correctly Nomura once said that the Osaka Team has effectively become the "main KH team" anyways.

I also recall him saying that the which interview or where it was eludes me at the moment.

I'm perfectly fine with this, in fact, I'm more okay with this than I would be if it was the "main KH team." Osaka is behind BbS and DDD, 2 games that I think the entire KH fanbase can agree are among the 2 of the best the series has to offer. I definitely feel KH3 is in great hands.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I find it a good thing also considering what Osaka was able to do with BBS and DDD. Makes me even more excited for it~

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Osaka Team has done great work in the KH series so far, so I'm confident in their abilities for KH3. I don't think they'll be the only ones working on it the whole way through, but the more the better for this title.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Staff having been saying for months that Osaka was doing work on KH III. You guys should listen to us more often~

Pratiko

Awards

I fear they make the same mistakes of BbS and DDD in KH3, like the huge EMPTY worlds, the bad implementation of some Disney worlds and boring cutscenes. Couldn't stand DDD's Disney worlds and it's cutscenes...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You can't really blame the developers for the plot of the worlds. That comes down to the writers.

axel95

Awards

I fear they make the same mistakes of BbS and DDD in KH3, like the huge EMPTY worlds, the bad implementation of some Disney worlds and boring cutscenes. Couldn't stand DDD's Disney worlds and it's cutscenes...
Some of that is due to limitations of the systems the games where on. I do agree that this could have been done better (I'm looking at you Cinderella's "ball"), but it isn't entirely the teams fault. I think that the two teams will end up working together at some point, but KH3 is in very good hands as far as I am concerned.

Sorakh212

Awards

Meh I don't really have a problem with this. I mean yeah so it's going to be different than KH/KH2, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean BBS and DDD are both really good games. The only difference this time is that it's going back over to consoles now. I do wonder how they're going to adapt and try to make it like the series used to be what with the combat system and gameplay mechanics. Most of the other stuff has still been pretty solid though like the music, story/narrative, characters, etc.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

The only reason this irks me at all is because we were consistently assured that the entire reason KH3 was experiencing such a tremendous delay was because the "main" KH team was busy chugging away at Versus. So to have them just pass it off to the Osaka team does feel a bit of a cheat; I couldn't care less who develops it as long as it's a good game, but if it was as easy as simply GIVING it to another development team than any twelve-year-old in the room could have proposed that solution.

That said, I'm not all that upset. What happened, happened, and the Osaka team has proven themselves more than capable of taking on this project. In fact, I'm sort of excited to see just what PDD 5 is actually capable of with a full-blown home console. It's a chance for all of the developers there to really prove their worth, and I'm sure Square Enix as a company is paying as much attention as we are as an audience, so good luck to them.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

The only reason this irks me at all is because we were consistently assured that the entire reason KH3 was experiencing such a tremendous delay was because the "main" KH team was busy chugging away at Versus. So to have them just pass it off to the Osaka team does feel a bit of a cheat; I couldn't care less who develops it as long as it's a good game, but if it was as easy as simply GIVING it to another development team than any twelve-year-old in the room could have proposed that solution.

That said, I'm not all that upset. What happened, happened, and the Osaka team has proven themselves more than capable of taking on this project. In fact, I'm sort of excited to see just what PDD 5 is actually capable of with a full-blown home console. It's a chance for all of the developers there to really prove their worth, and I'm sure Square Enix as a company is paying as much attention as we are as an audience, so good luck to them.
BBS and 3D proved that the Osaka team is worthy of making KH III, I wouldn't say it's as "simple as just GIVING it to another development team".
Nomura also said in one of the new interviews that he didn't know how to start KH III plot wise or something like that so now after KH 3D he felt like the time was right. I don't think we would have gotten it thaaat much earlier anyway.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

I'd say it's generally a good thing, for all intensive purposes Osaka Team has been the "KH Team" for a while already.
Yeah, it's a doggy-dog world out there when it comes to how popular IPs within large companies are handled. Mediocre products are a diamond dozen. I'll play doubles advocates and say Osaka's got a lot of room to improve (based on what we've seen lacking in recent games), but that room to improve could also be blessing in the skies. Let's not put OT up on a petal stool too much, but hopefully they can mustard up the strength and prove worthy.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Some of the things Osaka Team failed with in BBS and DDD might have just been hardware limitations. It'll be interesting to see what sort of differences they will make with a more powerful console.

Pestilence

Awards

Do you think this is a good thing or a bad thing? I personally can't say myself because I never really looked into the differences of the two in any real detail in the games.

I say it is definately a good thing. Mostly because I am prepared to take the chances of the guys who made BBS will make another great game that releases in 2015 instead of waiting for Nomuras team to finish XV and get KH3 out in 2017-2018, the guys who have not made a KH game in 8 years.

The idea of Nomuras team doing KH3 after finishing Versus died years ago.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

We were only really assured of that initially. Versus' development didn't really go as planned, and the people working on Versus have not actually been chugging away at Versus all this time. Full development on it didn't even start until around 2011. They've been busy, just with other things. KH3 should honestly not have taken this long anyway, but it's not like there haven't been any games since then and a lot of people seem to at least like BBS so it wasn't like KH had no presence during all that time.

Hooserdaddy45

BBS and DD were phenomenal games and im excited to see how they do. But I highly doubt they will develop it all by them selfs.

Commander Corn

i would think that the Tokyo team (that is the current FF XV team right?) would start shifting over to work on KH3 as development on FF XV nears completion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back