• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Kingdom Chaos 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartofTwilight

Wow this guy is gross and weird. His twilight personality reminds me of Axel. That makes so much sense. It gave him some nice powers, but it doesn't seem like he will need them in here. It was cool to learn a bit more about his father, So he got past this task huh? cool! BUt seriously, this was just plain weird, but in a good way. Either you were on something or you got an amazing imagination. haha j/k

Keep up the great writing

getblazedordie

Chapter 11.

Welcome to the Deadly Game.

”Then let us start! Welcome To The Riddles Of Dawn!” – Enigma grandly announced. The tiles below Blaze’s feet suddenly disappeared, and without anything to stand on Blaze started falling like a heavy load. “Ahhhh!!!!” – he was screaming, again unable to gain his levitation ability. He was flying for over a thousands of feet, gaining speed as he flew.
“You must be careful there is a…” “Oomph” – Blaze interrupted Enigma’s words by breathing out heavily as he fell face down onto a big staircase. “Ouch! Thanks, I noticed!” – Blaze let out a grumpy moan as he got up. His arms and legs were twisted in an unusual way, in some places the bones were sticking out through the skin. “I say, that must have hurt, are you quite alright?” – Enigma asked, half jokingly and half sarcastically. This man never seemed to be serious. “Here, young lad, let me help you.” Enigma walked up to Blaze on nothing but thin air, and started twisting his bones like a professional chiropractor. For a few minutes, Blaze’s yelps, moans and loudly disgusting bone cracks were heard all across the vast plane as Enigma was putting him back together. A cow answered Blaze’s cries from somewhere far away. “Ouch. (crack) You put that cow (snap) back too… ouch… like this, ouch!?” – Blaze couldn’t help himself.
“Hehehehe, you a pure comedian,”
“Owwww!”
“Oh sorry. See what you made me do, your wrists are on your legs instead of your feet, hold on.” – Enigma accidentally put Blaze’s wrists onto the place of his feet. “There, this should do it. How are you feeling?” _ Enigma asked s he took a few steps back from the staircase where Blaze was lying on. “I feel fine, but I do not want my bones rearranged again, okay?” – he got up trying out his bones and muscles. “Sure thing, my young lad.” – Enigma rose up, floating on thin air. “So, this is anything can happen place. Alternate reality or something?” – Blaze was moving his arms in different directions to make sure they were okay.

“Not exactly, you see, the Trial Of Dawn is filled with illusions, double meanings, and questions that will break your mind. Everything in here defines all laws of… well, everything,” – Enigma took his toes off and started juggling with them, while slowly turning upside down, with the toes still juggling perfectly. “Everything that you see, hear or feel inside this place is not to be believed, while the only things you can believe is the things that are hidden away from you.” – Enigma was saying, as his nose bounced off his face and went into the upside down juggling along with his toes. “You cannot trust you senses, even your intuition. All logic is defied in here, the only thing you can rely on is your mind,” – Enigma went on, dropping all of the toes and his nose into his mouth and swallowing them. A second later they all popped out back on their place. “After all, you wouldn’t want to disappoint your father, now, wouldn’t you?” – Enigma smiled his huge mischievous smile, which now had a very noticeable sinister shine to it.

Blaze shook his head, that’s the last thing he wanted to do. “So then, allow me to introduce you to your challenge, on which you are standing, this is the staircase of dawn!”- a light shined from above the straight staircase, while lots of darkness met that light halfway from the bottom. Blaze looked down and saw the darkness gleaming at him, and skinny, deadly hands reaching out to him. “For such a harmless place, this staircase looks quite dangerous.” – Blaze remarked. “Think of this as a staircase between heaven and hell, if you will. The only way to advance towards the heavenly exit is to answer my riddles correctly. Of course, if you do not answer correctly, you may very well die,” – Enigma paused, watching as Blaze kept staring down at the darkness below. “You cannot speak out loud once we begin. The words you say out loud will be considered as your answers. You have three chances to answer the riddle correctly, and according to the number of the try, is the number of steps you are allowed to move. Get it right the first time, move up 10 steps, get it wrong the first time, and stand on the same step. Get it right the second time, move up 5 steps, get it wrong the second time, and move down 5 steps. If you get it right the third time, you stay on the same step, however, if you get it wrong on the third try, you move down 10 whole steps. After the third try, another riddle is given. Blaze your own trial, my young lad, either you make it to heaven, or you DROWN IN HELL!” – Enigma’s voice seemed to grimly ring from every direction.

Blaze was paying attention to every word that came out of Enigma’s mouth, literally. The words popped out in big, bright red colored letters in front of Blaze. “I was never good at riddles, darn it! Schools back home did not require that many academic studies, plus I was never good at them,” – Blaze’s nervousness level rose up quite high. He looked back down again, and saw those grisly hands, reaching out to him, almost calling him in. Blaze gulped to himself, the thoughts of not being able to physically win his way out of this made his confidence level go very far down. “Well, at least I can thoughtfully think of everything before telling him my answer, there is no time limit,” - Blaze had a small relief. Enigma’s face shined with a devilish grin and his eyes lit up with a reddish flame, and as if Enigma had read Blaze’s mind, “Oh and I forgot to mention, you only have a minute to solve each riddle.”

getblazedordie

Chapter 12.

Riddle me this, riddle me dawn, Riddle Me Dawn Before a Life is Gone.

Blaze felt cold sweat running down his forehead. He froze his gaze on Enigma, measuring and realizing in how much trouble he was in. “Let the Game Begin!” – Enigma announced. The environment changed, and the entire plane was gone. Only the staircase was left standing lonely in the middle. The light shined from above, while the darkness was coming from below, meeting in the middle, where Blaze stood, to mix in a beautiful soft reddish color. Enigma reached down the pocket of his pants, and pulled out a sand hourglass, which was twice as tall as his own height. The hourglass floated in the middle of the staircase, right in front of Blaze blocking his path forward. Blaze was trying to gather all of the knowledge of doubled meanings, metaphors and riddles he possessed. Unfortunately, he felt nothing but emptiness in his head; the subject of riddles and puzzles was quite new to him. Enigma looked at Blaze, with a grin that literally stretched all the way from ear to ear, revealing big, shiny white teeth, “Prepare yourself, Blaze, for a fight of the likes you have never experienced before. Holster your weapon ready, my young friend, the only weapon you may use in this deadly contest. Your mind.”

Blaze squeezed his fists and closed his eyes, then nodded. “Lets start then, I hope you ready, because I am not waiting any longer!” – Enigma opened his skull like a lid on a jar and scratched the brain that was sticking out. Blaze opened his eyes and found that it was certainly distracting to Blaze’s concentration, which was already hard enough to contain. “I will start easy, lets see you parry this blow! At night they come without being fetched, and by day they are lost without being stolen,” – Enigma concentrated his look on Blaze, and the hourglass flipped over. A ticking noise was heard echoing loudly, ringing over the silence. Blaze stared blankly at the hourglass. His gaze was completely empty and lifeless, and sweat ran down his forehead like a raindrop on a lonely window. Enigma did not move, he was just hanging in mid air as half of the hourglass was emptied. “Umm…” – came from Blaze’s lips. “It’s a… It’s a…” – a loudly annoying bell rang and the hourglass lost all of the sand. Blaze’s feet felt completely numb and the staircase slid down fifteen steps. “The answer was… stars,” – Enigma said with disappointment and joy in his voice. Blaze could now hear the deadly whispers from below, as the nasty hands were much closer to him. “Umm, It’s a, are counted as words also. A cough, a sneeze, a moan, a whisper, any kind of noise that you make is considered as an answer. I wouldn’t even breathe too loudly if I were you.” – Enigma was explaining, all while not losing his huge grin. Blaze put his right hand on his mouth, afraid of making any kind of noise or even talking back to Enigma. The shock pulsed through his back and his heart, like an out of beat drum, skipped a few knocks. Blaze had no idea he couldn’t make any noise. “Watch out, two more answers like that and you’re a goner,” – Enigma slowly walked on the side of the staircase to where Blaze was. “So then, lets continue on.”

Blaze was too afraid to nod his head, so Enigma just prepared to give him another riddle. “Let me think a bit. Aha! The man that builds it doesn’t use it, the man that buys it doesn’t use it, and the man that needs it doesn’t know it. What is it?” – Enigma pointed his finger at Blaze, which flew off his hand and knocked him squarely in the chest, almost making Blaze gasp loudly for air. Enigma smiled a devil’s smile into Blaze’s eyes, which were burning with furious fire. “Pardon me, I have to oil that,” – Enigma screwed the finger back on. “What a prick! He wanted me to make a noise on purpose!” – rang in Blaze’s mind. But the ticking of the clock woke him back up. Blaze had about twenty seconds left. “I have no i…” – Blaze smacked himself in the face. He didn’t mean to say that out loud, but he did it somehow. “Fifteen steps closer to hell, you sure are easier than your father, young lad,” – Blaze could feel cold chills of the dead unpleasantly tickling his nervously sweated back. A grisly and bloody hand smacked the step a little below him. Blaze did not want to turn around. “This could be your last riddle, do you have any last words?” – the sarcastic and insulting tone of Enigma drove Blaze mad. He threw his ring at Enigma’s face. The ring flying fast and Enigma was in Blaze’s range. Enigma had no time to react, but at the last second, the ring and the chain turned into colored paper and fell down.

“Ah, ah ahh!” – Enigma was shaking his finger at Blaze. “In here I control everything, Blaze! You cannot even touch me unless I allow it! You cannot move unless I allow it!” – Enigma’s voice grew deep and hellish. It rang everywhere. His eyes turned into two red flames, and two small horns popped out of his head. Blaze just looked down at his feet. The chain turned back to normal, “Very well then. This will be your last riddle! Prepare for hell! If you got paid with 'it' you wouldn't be happy. The Rich needs 'it'. The Poor has 'it'. But if you eat 'it' you'll die! What is it?” – Enigma looked more like a devil clown than a normal clown. His grin was now consisting of sharp animal like teeth. Blaze felt a sudden urge to say random things, but he kept his mouth closed. The hourglass started to empty. “The poor have it and the rich need it, its love!” – Blaze thought to himself. “Love,” – he spoke out loud, unwillingly. “Wrong!” – he was answered. “Friendship!” – Blaze yelled out loud in desperation, unable to keep his mouth closed. “Wrong again!” – flames drew around Blaze as he moved down five steps. One of the numerous hands grabbed his ankle and started trying to pull him in. “Twenty seconds left, Blaze!” – Enigma’s voice was echoing, as his whole body grew bigger and his skin turned pure red. Blaze was trying to get his foot out of the grasp, “Ten seconds left!” – no face could have combined reactions of demonic happiness like Enigma’s, “Cant you think of anything? Mwahaha! SPEAK UP, BOY!” Blaze’s mind was rushing, cold blood was pumping everywhere in his body. “He is controlling me, since he could control my chain he can control my mind and my mouth!” – Blaze came to a sudden realization. Another hand gripped his other ankle. “Brake through, come on!” – he felt as if he was trying to break strings that were tying him down. Enigma watched as the last grains of the hourglass were dripping down, just like Blaze’s hopes, “Five… four… three… two!” “Nothing!” – Blaze yelled out. “Burn in hell, Bl…” – Enigma’s throat chocked. His face was in complete disbelief. Blaze broke through with the right answer.

The hand let go of Blaze’s foot, as he took a deep breath. “You were trying to mind control me, weren’t you?!” – Blaze yelled at Enigma. “I said, things are not what they seem in here, not even me!” – Enigma widened his smile, which never went away. “I must say, I am quite a devil, once I get to my prey!” – Enigma’s voice was booming. Blaze calmed himself down. “This place isn’t what it appears, even if he looks and acts like a devil, he isn’t one. He is only what I allow him to be, depending on my fear and doubt, is how powerful he gets,” – Blaze was thinking in his mind. “No further delays, lets continue. You might have gotten lucky once! But that wont happen again!” – Enigma still was grinning and still laughing. “The one who laughs best, is the one who laughs last, Enigma.” – Blaze focused his mind. “Okay, Three brothers share a family sport: a non-stop marathon. The oldest one is fat and short and trudges slowly on. The middle brother's tall and slim and keeps a steady pace. The youngest runs just like the wind, a-speeding through the race. "He's young in years, we let him run, "The other brothers say, "Cause though he's surely number one, he's a second, in a way.” – Enigma’s face lit up again, “Clock is ticking!” Blaze closed his eyes and felt the Enigmas was again trying to control his mind. Blocking him out more easily this time, Blaze got deep into his own thoughts. “Three brothers could be three anything. One is fat, other is tall and slim, and the last one is the quickest. Despite that he is number one he is a second? If he was second it would be second, but “a second” could only mean time. Now, time does not consist of three something, but…” Enigma was staring at Blaze hard, without blinking, like he was trying to burn a whole through him, “The clock is ticking!” Blaze caught the word that was jumping around his lips, “…A clock does!” – Blaze opened his eyes to find Enigma staring at him. “Clock,” – Blaze calmly said, and watched as Enigma’ smile slowly went down, as his stairs started to go up ten spots. “Ready to get you butt handed to you, Enigma? Oh and thanks for the hint,” – the sarcastic smile now seemed to be on Blaze’s face. Enigma’s face seemed to be burning with anger. He grabbed one of his horns and curled it into a spring like shape.

Riddle after riddle, Blaze seemed to get them all right, and now was standing on the sixty fifth spot. Enigma’s appearance remained the same. “What force and strength cannot get through I with a gentle touch can do, and many in the street would stand, were I not a friend at hand,” – Enigma grinned again, just like every other time he gave Blaze a riddle. But after a minute it was always Blaze who came out laughing last. “A friend in hand, hmm,” Blaze forgot about the clock, relaxed and took the time he had. Memories reminded him of the time when he held Sora’ key, which felt so welcoming and friendly to him. “Key.” – he calmly parried the mind blows of Enigma. Another ten steps went by him, and the light started shining brightly. Blaze could hear the choruses of angels singing to a beautiful harp. He was ready to charge and run after them, but he had to answer three more riddles correctly. “Very well, I see you are a smart one. Try this on for size, If you put a coin into an empty bottle and cork the neck, how can you get the coin out without breaking the bottle or taking out the cork?” – Enigma threw a simpler riddle, because he had an Ace up his sleeve. Even if Blaze knew the right answer, he wouldn’t be able to answer him because it was more than three words. Way more. Blaze looked at Enigma, with not a worry on his mind or on his face. He put his hands together and as he moved them apart, there was a bottle in-between. Blaze formed a coin and dropped it in, then corked the bottle. He looked up again to make sure Enigma was looking. He then pushed the cork all the way into the bottle and calmly shook the coin out. The staircase jerked forward and moved up ten spots.

“Darn the power of Twilight!” – Enigma was furious because none his tricks could go past Blaze’s mind. “Even your father was not this hard to break, despite that he got through! I will break you Blaze, I will do so!” – Enigma was waving his hands in rage. “You've been sentenced to death in an obscure foreign country which has a strange law. Before the sentence is carried out, two papers -- one with "LIFE" written on it and one with "DEATH" written on it -- are folded up and placed in a hat. You are permitted to pick out one of the papers (without looking), and if you choose the one with "LIFE" written on it, you are set free. Otherwise, the death sentence is carried out. On this occasion, a mean-spirited acquaintenance of yours, bent on your demise, has substituted the paper with "LIFE" written on it with another one with "DEATH" written on it. This person gleefully informs you of what he has done and that you are doomed to die. You are not permitted to speak to anyone about this misdeed, nor will you have a chance to switch the papers or the hat yourself in time. How will you avoid certain death?” – Enigma’s face lit up again with an evil grin. Blaze calmly looked into Enigma’s eyes while thinking. He used the Twilight to create a hat in front of him. He created two notes, which he dropped inside, both having “death” written on it. Blaze then quickly drew out a note and without opening it swallowed it down. Enigma was watching, with vulgar curses towards the power of Twilight running through his mind. Blaze took the other note out, and showed that it was “DEATH”. Since the note death was left, Blaze must have swallowed the life note. Enigma started ripping his hair out as Blaze silently moved up another ten steps.

HeartofTwilight

Blaze is a Genius! Enigma really got evil...I don't like him any more.... The riddles were nice as well. Very clever and well writen chapter

I expect nothing less lol
keep up the great work!

getblazedordie

Chapter 13.

The Real Enigma.

“So then, Enigma, one more riddle and you lose. Any last words?” – Blaze turned towards his mind-game opponent, who was trying to stick the hair that he ripped out back into his head. “I save the best for last, you annoying little punk! Ill get you this time!” – Enigma shouted nervously at Blaze. “Isn’t that what you always say to me, before a riddle? So far, it didn’t work,” – Blaze was shining with confidence. “This is going to be much different,” – Enigma surely had a plan, because he started to greedily rub his hands together, while glaring at the hourglass. “I hope so, because this is starting to bore me,” – Blaze crossed his hands on his chest and yawned. “For the last riddle, you only get thirty seconds, but since I am a fare man, sort of, I will make the riddle quite easy to solve. No double meanings, no crazy metaphors. Just… a simple math problem.” – Enigma tried to seem innocent, which of course, was a completely fake emotion. “You throw a barrade of these twisted and inverted riddles, just to give me a math problem at the end? I may have known you only for about an hour, but that was enough for me to know not to trust you,” – Blaze knew Enigma had a tricky problem in his mind. “Well, then, you learn very quickly, young lad,” – Enigma scratched his head and prepared to start the clock.

“This is quite simple, for you it should be. What is the sum of all numbers between one and one hundred, included?” – Enigma pointed at the hourglass and the thirty seconds started to fall away. “Wait, this isn’t right! It would take me hours before I could solve this! I can’t add all the numbers together in thirty seconds…” – Blaze was panicking. After coming so close to the end of the Trial, he couldn’t just fall down again! He couldn’t fail again, couldn’t just let everything that he worked so hard for fall to pieces! Blaze hit himself on he head, as the seconds were disappearing away, like the sand in the hourglass, “Think, think… there is got to be another way around this problem.” – Blaze’s mind was rushing intensively, trying out all theories in hopes that he would find the right one. “You don’t have that much sand left, Blaze! When the last one falls, your chances are gone!” – Enigma yelled at Blaze with satisfaction in his booming voice. The ticking got louder with every passing grain of sand. Blaze opened his eyes and blankly stared at the hourglass, watching the little grains quickly fall down, like a rain of sand. There was not much left at all, as the last ones were already flying down. Blaze suddenly stopped hearing the loudly increasing ticking of the clock, and Enigma’s lips moved but Blaze couldn’t hear any sound at all. He could only witness, as the last tiny grain of sand slowly rolled down the slope and fell into the hole, just like the rest of them. Blaze felt a sickening pulsation that went through his body, the grain was still flying, still trying to soar in-between the hole and the rest of the grains. It was almost there, with practically no distance between them. Almost. Blaze had one shot, and he shot four energy balls out of his hand, which formed four numbers, “5050.”

“You… solved… the riddle…” – Enigma breathed out the words in pure disbelief. His body started to shine with light and he exploded, leaving Blaze alone at the top of the staircase. Blaze looked down, and watched as the staircase disappeared, leaving him nowhere to go but forward.

Blaze walked through the only door in his view and stepped outside on a solid, checkered tile just like the one in the entrance. The black and white tile formed a wide corridor that stretched for at least another fifty feet. At the end of the tunnel was the sweet light of joyous victory, and a guarantee of a small and pleasant break from this insane marathon of utmost grueling Trials. Blaze signed heavily, letting off some of the tiring weight of the responsibility fall off of him. He started slowly and leisurely walking towards the shining light, letting himself take in the gracious feeling of yet another hard earned victory. As Blaze walked for about ten feet on this plain corridor, he heard a small exploding noise in front of him. Blaze quickly looked up, automatically jerking his rings from behind himself back into his hands. A short man walked out of the smoke completely unharmed, a man that Blaze had the pleasure of knowing for the last hour and a half, Enigma.

Enigma was not wearing the foolish clown suit anymore, nor did he have his previously huge size, big horns, flaming eyes, red skin or sharp animal-like teeth. He was a perfectly normal and a harmless looking human, somewhere in his late thirties, early forties. He was slightly bald and had a little plump in his stomach area, which was hardly noticeable due to the brown jacket he was wearing that was zipped up, along with some brown pants and everyday normal, brown shoes, like something your uncle would wear to a family reunion. Besides the weird place that Blaze and Enigma had met, there was nothing puzzling about the Enigma which Blaze was seeing right now.

“Aren’t you supposed to be dead or gone from this place?” – Blaze asked, while not letting go of his rings. “If it were so, I would be dead after your father had passed, young lad. Are you quite alright?” – Enigma responded back in a perfectly good manner, without sarcasm or goofiness, even a little concern in his voice while stopping about ten feet away from where Blaze was standing. Enigma gave Blaze a welcoming stare and started stretching his back. Blaze now was taking a good look at the new Enigma, while his lower jaw was hanging below, opening Blaze’s mouth in complete skepticism. “Is this another riddle? Because I don’t get it, you were a complete jerk and nothing less than a rotten bastard that wanted me to do nothing but burn in hell just a minute ago, and now you come out all nice and polite, asking me if I am okay? What’s you deal, old man?” Enigma kept stretching, like before a martial arts sparring round, “I want to make sure you can beat me, in this last combat match. No riddles or puzzles, no weapons or mind games, pure all out fight. Do it for your Ancestor, Blaze, show me what you have become,” – the mention of Blaze’s Ancestor made Blaze stop and think, that maybe this guy wasn’t so unfamiliar after all. “You know my Ancestor, but how, he lived over six hundred years ago?!” – Blaze was stunned by his own riddling calculation. Enigma kept stretching, “Fight me, you will go on no matter if you win or lose, I just want you to fight me, and I will explain everything else if you battle as good as you solve riddles.” Blaze still had a big and doubtful question on his face about Enigma’s combat abilities, since his power level was fairly low compared to Blaze’s level, “You said to me before that you could not harm a human being?” Enigma stopped stretching and assuming a battle ready position and smiled that same sneaky smirk at Blaze, “Where do you think those hearts in the freezer came from?” Blaze put away his chains for the first time in a long time, with another blindingly sharp and scorching hot pain running down his spine and spreading into every muscle and bone inside his youthful body, reverting back to his normal self. He assumed a battle ready position also, trying to remember all of his fistfight experiences and awakening all of his battle reflexes.

Enigma attacked first, running and charging in straight at Blaze with no regard for any self defense, throwing an air ripping punch aimed squarely at Blaze’s chest. Enigma was coming in quite fast with his attack, but Blaze’s eyes were adapted to much faster speeds. He calmly sidestepped to the left, and as Enigma was losing his balance due to much force put into the punch, Blaze threw in a hit of his own. A calm and relaxed left-hander that was aimed to finish the fight by knocking Enigma squarely into the head. Blaze’s fist had never reached the target, as Enigma suddenly regained perfect balance and turning towards Blaze caught his fist. Blaze was half amazedly stunned due to unexpected quickness and agility of the seemingly regular man and half relaxed, which was a bad combination in Blaze’s situation, as Enigma launched a surprisingly powerful punch that hit Blaze in the stomach, squishing his abs and forcing the breath out of him. Before Blaze could react in any way, Enigma quickly jumped in the air and landed a perfectly placed left kick into Blaze’s head that made Blaze stagger backwards a few feet with a shaky head. Anyone would have been already dropped down by the power and the precision of the skull crushing kick, but not Blaze. He just scratched his head, and twisted his neck around, making the bones crack loudly. Blaze was starting to feel the rush of a fight again, as he charged in outputting an amount of power that was quite higher than the one of Enigma. Blaze made his right hand go down and back up in a quick and powerful uppercut that would have had devastating results, would have, if it landed on Enigma’s jaw. With an effortless dodge to the right, Enigma avoided a jaw breaking hit, and the jumped backwards with the least amount of effort to dodge the straight knee that Blaze flew at him with. Enigma wished to start a counterattack, but his experience taught him to wait until the perfect moment for maximum damage.

Blaze threw another raw power punch, which was curving in quickly on Enigma’s face. Managing to barely duck under Blaze’s powerful fist in time, Enigma dashed forward, burying his elbow deeply into the middle of Blaze’s wide chest, stunning Blaze completely. Using the stunned state that Blaze was in now, Enigma rose up quickly, knocking Blaze’s teeth together with an air ripping uppercut, making Blaze unwillingly lift off his feet and fly upwards. Enigma did not waste any time, he grabbed Blaze’s hand and prevented him from flying backwards, as Enigma twisted Blaze’s wrist in hopes to drop Blaze on the floor. Blaze’s impressive skill showed when he made a summersault flip, landing on his feet instead of his back. Blaze grabbed Enigma’s hand, the same one that was holding his a second ago and started spinning around in hopes of launching Enigma high up and far away from himself. Just as Blaze was about to let go, Enigma grabbed Blaze’s hand back with amazing cunning and precise speed, taking all of Blaze’s momentum and using it against him to fly towards Blaze instead of away and landing a knock out kick straight across Blaze’s face, making Blaze fall hard onto the tile, cracking it with the back of his skull.

Blaze managed to open his eyes, still not completely sure where he was, to see a heel of Enigma’s boot coming down, like the axe of an executioner, for his face. Blaze’s head was drumming in pain and he was not exactly sure what he was doing, but the primal instincts haven’t failed him when they made Blaze roll like a barrel to avoid Enigma’s blistering quick kicks that landed on the floor. Blaze quickly sprang up onto one knee to find another stone hard fist flying at his face. Blaze could not do anything but to receive the hit, after which he heard a bone crushing noise and a wet feeling on his lip under the nose. While Blaze was flying backwards, he managed to launch and energy blast that hit Enigma right into the chest as a revenge hit, making a burned hole in Enigma’s jacket. Blaze got completely up to his feet and while licking the still pouring blood off his lips, he sniffed his nose to keep the rest of the blood in. He watched as Enigma got up off his feet, while powering up to higher levels of strength, making the tiles around him shake and tremble, “How do you manage to keep up with me, even keep a intense offence on me, when your power is much lower than mine? Do you have reserves?” Blaze was quite amazed by Enigma’s skills. “Unfortunately, this is my maximum, Blaze. But your fighting is based purely on your trained instincts, without having any discipline. I had learned quite a large number of martial art based techniques, which allows me to surpass you in hand to hand combat, even though in raw power, energy and speed you are far beyond my reach, even while not at full extension of your powers,” Enigma was explaining while holding on to his chest where the blast had landed, “This is quite enough, young lad, but to truly become the Chaos that you are going towards, you must learn these disciplines. You might want to ask my brother about them when you get out of here.” – Enigma started walking towards Blaze. “Your brother?” – Blaze was pretty sure he did not know anyone who was Enigma’s brother. “Well of course, you surely must know him. The one who is locked in your chains, Redevolt, is my brother. Which makes me…” “My long, lost, down the line… uncle???” – Blaze was once again ridiculed by his own conclusion.

enjoy

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Lol. that was good. The last battle scene was kinda funny, even though you probably didn't mean it to be. Loved it, another awsome updart buddy! Check your PM also... Hmmm... Blaze will become a CHaos? What does it mean....

I MUST KNOW!!!

Hmmm

(strokes beard)

Or I would if I had one.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
I hope it runs deep... Very deeper... Deeper deeper deeper deeper! The plot must run deeper! ARGHHH! Okay I'm done, but good. I like deep stuff. It's very... deep...

Okay for real, you are a great writer, and I love your fic and the only reason I'm not repping your head off is cause I think I already added to your rep and I don't know how much I'm allowed to rep people.

Tell me if I'm just imagening things, and I'll rep you, but if I already did I'll just give you my regards as a great fanfic writer.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
It seems that each generation of Blaze's blood gets stronger! =^_^=

Lol, for some reason, I really like the enigma... o-o;;;

I like the dawn session the best so far! =^_^=

... Dang, I got the first riddle right to! >:

Lol.

=^_^= *Is happy I finally caught up*

Excellent updates as usual blazed! =^_^=

... Sorry, t'ime too lazy to give feedback.... ><

HeartofTwilight

Yea! 50 x 51! Blaze is awesome. I wanna know even more about Enigma. Every time you think you sorta have him figured out there is a new twist. He is a good fighter too to hold of Blaze like that! “Where do you think those hearts in the freezer came from?”. WOW that was a creepy line.

And talk about plot twists! This fic is FULL of them, and this was one of the best!

Great job!

getblazedordie

Chapter 14.

Enigma’s Story and the Chains of Dawn.

“This is like a family reunion! First my six times grand grandfather, and now my uncle! Hey you haven’t seen my grandma anywhere have you?” – Blaze escaped the confusions of his family with his trademark sarcasm. “Another riddle well solved, nephew, if I may. Is there anything you can’t solve?” - Enigma carefully pronounced the last words, giving a cautious look in Blaze’s direction. Blaze did not really pay much attention to the slightly unsure and particularly deliberate gesture of his newfound uncle. “You know, there is a few riddles you can solve for me, how did you manage to live on for over six hundred years? And how did you end up here, in the Trial of dawn?” – Blaze was more eager to receive some more important information than to have a reunion with his uncle, which he never knew existed. “I am locked inside here forever, by Destiny. I cannot die in here, but I cannot get out of this damnation. It has been a long six hundred years, always alone with not a single soul to interact with in any way…” – Enigma walked over to the exit door, which was pouring with awesome light, and tried to stick his hand through the doorway while getting stopped from passing through by an invisible wall. “… See? I cannot walk out, I can only exist alone in this cursed place. Now you can see why I am slightly insane, if I may add.” – Enigma walked a little bit backwards, and tried to ram the invisible blockade to set himself free, but the barrier simply stood there, knocking Enigma back with equal force. “I tried everything I possible could, like bulldozers, bombs, blasts, hammers, everything I could possibly think of to get through this barrier, but nothing ever works. I still try to get through sometimes, but, this is my eternal prison granted to me as a punishment,” – Enigma signed very loudly and heavily, and sat down on the floating tile with his eyes acting as fully blown balloons, ready to burst to tears with anymore of pressure. “How did you end up locked away inside this place?” – Blaze put his hand on his uncle’s shoulder and shook him a bit, trying to cheer him up, and was starting to feel compassion for the older man.

Enigma signed again, “Six hundred years ago, my dearest brother was locked up inside the chains of chaos, locked away even worse than I am right now,” – Enigma started to tell his story, while making a box of tissues appear in his hand that flew upwards for him to blow his nose in. “Redevolt was my dearest brother, we had the same schools, the same lives, same blood and flesh, same enemies and same friends - each other. Imagine how I had felt when I lost the closest person to me, lost him just by the dumbest little flick of that… that bi*ch you call destiny!” – the seemingly calm rain of tears turned into emotionally heavy and powerful burst of a tropical storm. Blaze shook Enigma’s shoulder again, as Enigma furiously blew out his nose, ripping the pack of tissues in half. “That same dumb destiny that has me locked up in here for six hundred years, somewhere between a psychologically traumatic life and a horribly mutilated death of my soul! Well, I HAVE NO MORE SOUL, YA HEAR ME?! YOU TOOK IT ALL AWAY!!” – Enigma looked up into the dark red sky, as he madly yelled and shook his tissue full fist, which was answered with a sickeningly mad thunder that destroyed half he tiles as it fell down. Enigma’s emotionally raging state seemed to be slowly vanishing as his face became calmer and big, crystal clear tears started rolling down his old face. “I found this devilish place, these dumb Trials which you are in the middle of, and to rescue my brother I challenged them all, without any regret or second thoughts,” – Blaze was now sitting in front of Enigma and paying close attention to him and handing him more napkins. “But NO! Destiny had to strike a damned bloody CONTRACT with me, that if I FAIL a certain Trial I have to be LOCKED in it as it’s Guardian if I wanted to rescue Redevolt. Because I did not have a straight bloodline, as in only one of the descendants gets a shot at passing these Trials. Locked in it FOREVER I might add!”- Enigma was going back and forth between shouting the words like a deranged psychopath to weeping them out like a little baby. “You can guess which trial I managed to fail… But… if it would release Redevolt I would sit in here for another six hundred years… my brother…” – Enigma started rocking back and forth, while holding on to his legs and putting his chin down on his knees, which made it very clear to Blaze that Enigma was mentally unstable, like he was right out of an insane asylum.

Enigma then suddenly turned towards Blaze and while strongly grabbing his wrist, Enigma looked into his in the eyes with a stare of a fierce eagle, “Promise me! Promise me, Blaze, that you will not fail the last Trial, but pass it no matter what it throws at you, and after it she would FINALLY let me rest in peace! Swear it!” Blaze looked back at Enigma, with a sorry look in his eyes with which he answered Enigma’s. “I swear, I will do everything I can to get you out of here, uncle Enigma,” – Blaze had never seen any person so relieve with newfound hope that was coming out of Enigma’s eyes with a blistering shine after Blaze spoke. Enigma stood back up on his legs and brushed the dirt from the tile off his pants, “You know, your father told me that he would pass the Trial of light and free me from this place, but it has been thirty six years from that moment and I am still here. So I’m guessing that he did not manage to pass the Trial of light,” – Enigma straightened himself out and looked up at Blaze, “I’m really sorry to have been so psychopathic and hostile to you during the Trial, but I did not have a choice. I only wish you could forgive me and release me out of this hell… Please…” – Enigma was almost begging to get out, trying to force some additional confidence into Blaze’s young mind. “Don’t worry, I will get you out of here,” – Blaze was almost out of the door, already sticking his hand through it when he heard that same frightfully sneaky and overwhelmingly creepy voice which he was afraid of awakened, “Oh and, I forgot to mention, when you receive the Chains of Dawn, don’t try to look into anyone’s eyes, unless you want to bring… Despair… along with you gaze…” Too late to turn back and ask what Enigma meant, Blaze was being sucked into the doorway like a piece of dust into a powerful vacuum. As soon the blinding white light had cleared, Blaze quickly turned back towards the door of Dawn, only to be disappointed when he found it completely shut. “So I see, you passed another Trial, Blaze. This one took you quite a long time. Did you have any particular problems?” – his Ancestor spoke out loud first with some concern. Blaze was still staring in the door with lots of deep thoughts, which could be seen reflected in his eyes. “Yea… yea I did run into a problem, Redevolt. I’ve met your brother.”

“You… seen my brother? You had really seen my brother?! You aren’t being sarcastic are you? Please tell me you had really seen him!” – Ancestor’s doubtful whisper quickly turned into hopeful yells of excitement. Blaze was still staring at the door of Dawn, thinking about the chains that he saw floating in mid-air, trying to figure out what Enigma had meant in his last riddle. “I had not just seen him, he was my challenge. I had to answer his riddles to pass, it was a test of mind, intuition and twisted logic,” – Blaze answered back after a few heavy silence moments. “So that’s where he was locked away, in the Trial of dawn… He went much further than I had expected him to go, truthfully I did not expect him to show up here to try and rescue me at all,” – Ancestor’s voice had doubt in it. “He did show up here, and he gave everything to rescue you, but Destiny made him sign a contract that if he fails then he stays locked away forever in the Trial that he failed,” – Blaze’s words were filling everything in Redevolt’s memory, like puzzle pieces in a board game. “I can get him out, if I pass the final Trial, I can wish for him to be free, and maybe even you too. You both can rest your souls in peace after the long six hundred years of being locked away in your own prison,” – Blaze was happy to help out the two ancestral brothers. “Blaze, you may be a dull head who never listens to others, and a sarcastic son of a gun to anything that talks to you, but your parents gave you a great heart. Thank you.” Blaze could tell that the Ancestor was deeply touched by Blaze’s pure and unselfish act. “So then, ready to take on the form of Dawn?” – Ancestor cheerfully encouraged Blaze to let the chains blend with him. Enigma’s last words gave Blaze an overcautious feeling in his gut, and Blaze was not so sure that taking the chains on was a good idea…

Precariously, Blaze took a step and unsurely raised his hand toward the chains, and while taking another step forward, he flexed and froze his muscles, preparing for the pain that was coming along with the new chains. The chains flew at him like a hungry eagle towards its prey. They silently swooped in onto Blaze’s back and entered his skin. Blaze’s back was starting to intensively burn again, sending out intense smoke and nasty hisses. Blaze’s eyes were closed so tightly that his eyebrows almost touched the top of his cheeks, and his teeth were grinding against each other harder than a metal that was being sharpened. He was on the edge of screaming until his voice was completely pushed out from the bounds of his throat, but he kept all of the pain inside, letting it burn his every little nerve, muscle and bone. Pain was everywhere inside his body, trying to shatter his physical and mental blocks, but Blaze pushed the pain back in with every tiny cell of his being. The pain was becoming too familiar for Blaze, but it still had a crippling effect on the wearer. Finally, as it was going away, much slower than it rushed in, as if not willing to give up on making Blaze surrender and let it out, Blaze felt another, more intense burning pain attacking his eyes while they were still closed. Blaze felt like someone put hot steel inside his already burdened eyes and the steel was mercilessly melting his eyeballs. Blaze felt himself starting to sweat heavily out of every pour in his body from the cruel heat. Out of his closed eyes a smoke, hot enough to burn the tips of his hair, started pouring out faster than an upward waterfall. Blaze moved his hands towards his face to try and clear out the thick smoke, but the increasingly powerful heat from his tortured eyes burned his hands and forced them back as his palms were getting caught on fire also. Blaze forced his hands back to grip onto his face and he held them there, squeezing his eyes in attempts to reduce the pain even by the slightest amount. Suddenly, the pain was gone, like an unwanted letter on the page of a writer. Blaze was praying to everything he knew that his eyesight would still remain with him. He slowly opened his eyes, giving them a small crack so that he would not see things clearly yet. A smell of his own freshly burned flesh hit his nose, making Blaze stagger his head back in disgust. “Open your eyes, Blaze, what is wrong with them?” – Blaze heard Ancestor’s voice much more clearer and perfectly loud. Blaze did not want to answer, thinking his words would make it worse. Blaze thought he was completely blind, and not being able to see her again in her beautiful appearance made his heart sink into the dark depths of the lost ocean by the name of his soul. He finally cracked his eyes open, very slowly and carefully letting the light of the world enter them. To his amazement, he could still see everything almost as good as before putting the chains on.

“Why is everything gray?” – Blaze was looking around the whole place, as he was getting up and seeing everything in muddy, gray color. “Must be another side effect,” – Ancestor answered back to him. The chains were now deep black, with small tiger stripes of pure red and purple going along them, making the chains and the rings look much more fierce. Blaze walked up to the already familiar pool of water on the side of the road and stared at himself into the gray mirror. Strangely, he saw himself in full color, just like others would see him. His skin had turned into deep purple, reflecting the darkness inside him. Along his body stretched long lines of white and dark red, mixing together in beautiful stripes that were circling Blaze’s body everywhere. The white stripe was starting on Blaze’s left check and the red one on the right. Both of the stripes were going downwards, intertwining together all across Blaze’s body, from his neck, back and stomach, to turning into smaller stripes and outlining the muscles on his arms. Together the three colors combined for a magnificently enchanting and strangely marvelous look. “Woah! I look… funkadelic… and sort of creepy, in a cool kind of way.” – Blaze’s voice tone had changed, now resembling a more toned down and brassy sound that managed to carry out his old sarcasm without the emotion showing in his voice, as in sounding completely serious. “Umm… funkadelic is not a word, Blaze,” – Ancestor seemed to be quite enchanted by the new look also. “So? It kind of, fits the new look,” – Blaze was trying to rotate himself to get a better glimpse at his back, where the stripes made a dragon-like curving tattoo.

“But do you feel anything new? Any new abilities or enhanced power?” – Ancestor asked. “Well… let’s see…” – Blaze closed his eyes and started to examine himself from within. “My initial limits have been pushed further than normal, but not by far. I can be stronger, pump out more energy but not nearly as much as in the darkness or twilight form… I guess…” – Blaze kept trying to find something new about himself besides the awesome awe-inspiring look. “…This is just an overall boost.” Blaze was ready to get up and get going onto the last Trial. “Hold on!” – Redevolt stopped Blaze, feeling something much different in his energy. “Dig deeper, I feel there is something new and much different about your energy, try again.” – Ancestor made Blaze stop again. Blaze sat down into an inverted lotus position and flew up into the air with his eyes closed, breathing slowly and deeply while searching and trying to tap into his power. For a while, Blaze remained in the same position, drawing out his strength, slowly, little by little, digging deeper into his new riddling self. Then he suddenly opened his eyes, sending a small shockwave that kicked up the sand and the dirt around him. His eyes first turned entirely gray and after another second the pupils turned deep red, like the color of Dawn. He stared at the closest big tree, which was thirty feet away from him, for a small moment, and then Blaze raised his hand up, with his palm pointing at the tree as if trying to grasp it. Blaze made the tree rise out of the ground with cracking noise coming from the breaking roots. Blaze only had to think, and twist his hand towards himself, and the tree quickly but smoothly floated up to him, while remaining perfectly in mid-air. Blaze slowly let his feet down, while remaining the control of the tree. Blaze then started making it fly around, watching as it gained height and lowered to the ground while making constant flips and summersaults in the air. Finally, Blaze got bored with it and launched it as far as he could into the green forest, watching as the poor tree was flying faster than a bullet and crushing the rest of the trees on its path until it landed onto the hard ground with a loud “THUD!” “I’ve always wanted to control things with my mind, but this is purely awesome,” – Blaze’s voice was turning into an even more gruff and brassy version of itself. “I’ll be sure to free you when I pass the final Trial, hope not to make you wait too long, Redevolt.” – Blaze sounded much older and his tone could finally be taken as serious.

As Blaze was stepping into the only door that remained open, it hit him, “So, what was the Despair that Enigma talked about?”

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
The Hills have eyes.... or at least Blaze does. Frikin sweet man, this is awesome. Great job my friend, and another cheers to a great chapter. I swear, those eyes better not turn people to stone or something, cause that'd be crazy.

Can't wait for the next updart, and great job once again.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Nice update! =^_^=

Tie can't believe the final trial is finally coming... Or... Atleast I think it's the final trial.... @.@

I fear for what will happen if he looks in someone's eyes... o.o Tie have a few guesses but tie rather not say. xD

Hmm... Are you going to end the series after this one and make a number three? @.@

Sorry! T'im curious. ><

getblazedordie

ending? u serious? im planning on at least 50 chapters for this, he is coming to meet Sora l8r, in the 1000... yea i let it slip didnt i? well this is far from over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back