• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

King Triton

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeyroxas

I couldn't find a thread with this answer so I've made this one.

I was thinking about King Triton and his knowledge on the keyblade- the question being how he knows about these things since it's evident that the other worlds have little to no knowledge about other worlds and the key ( Other than the villains of the worlds who are informed by Maleficent ).
also when the walls are reformed arnt memories regarding other worlds supposed to be possibly forgotten (I think Leon said something like that in Hollow Bastion)

do you think Maleficent approached him first maybe?
or perhaps there's some sort of connection between him knowing but having a princess daughter who is not a princess of heart?
if he knows about the key and ther worlds, what else could he possibly know?

Last edited:

QuintusKing

Awards
Website
heart95key95.blogspot.com
Sorry to say this, but I have no idea why he knows about the outside worlds and the Keyblade xD. Perhaps that's because he rules Atlantica, hence he knows about its Keyhole. Or according to KH Wiki, King Triton is assumed to have known about the Keyblade War.

Since it is never revealed (and I don't think it will be), we can only guess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
also when the walls are reformed arnt memories regarding other worlds supposed to be possibly forgotten (I think Leon said something like that in Hollow Bastion)

No. All Leon has ever said was that once the walls between worlds return, the gummi ships won't be usable anymore and they would never be able to see each other again.

do you think Maleficent approached him first maybe?

No.

or perhaps there's some sort of connection between him knowing but having a princess daughter who is not a princess of heart?

No.

if he knows about the key and ther worlds, what else could he possibly know?

Triton probably knows it because the legend of the Keyblade War is probably passed down in some places that still remember the chaos it inflicted upon the Realm. Triton, being a powerful ruler with knowledge of the Keyhole, would be privy to such information in order to better defend his home.

Is it possible he's had first-hand experience with a Keyblade wielder? Yes, maybe.

Bobjam

Awards
I think the very fact that a disney character alone outside of Yen Sid and Mickey mentions anything to do with the keyblade and/or its history is probably the most important point regardless of the why's and hows. Spock has already mentioned the logical reason behind why Triton would have such knowledge. Nomura I suppose just hasn't found another good opportunity yet to explain that particular fact further. It is a damn shame KH2 and other games after it didn't have any other moments like that where the borders of worlds was really touched upon as being a big deal.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Let's not forget that Genie also mentions knowing something about Keyholes from his past (although it's more plausible he would know things than Triton, since he's immortal).

I

That was supposed to be the case, at least it was implied by Leon and the others that after Sora closed the Door they wouldn't remember one another (I believe this is why Donald and Goofy look so sad when Sora runs to Kairi at the end), but KH2 basically turns everything that was previously said on its head. Everyone is able to remember everything, which makes little sense, tbh, because wouldn't that make it so much easier for people like Hades to cause the same destruction all over again...? Just like how the Heartless were supposed to disappear at the end, only KH2 tries to tell you that Heartless will always exist/have always existed because there is darkness in every heart--which doesn't explain why worlds like Destiny Islands and Deep Jungle were untouched by Heartless to begin with when you first start those worlds in the first game. And how everyone can bypass the world's walls at will with the Corridors and the Gummi Ship, even though the first game tells you you want be able to travel that way anymore. I mean, what are the point of the world's walls again now?

I need to take a break from thinking about KH2 now, that game was a huge FU to the fandom.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That was supposed to be the case, at least it was implied by Leon and the others that after Sora closed the Door they wouldn't remember one another
What? No, he said the exact opposite. Leon: "We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other."

Just like how the Heartless were supposed to disappear at the end, only KH2 tries to tell you that Heartless will always exist/have always existed because there is darkness in every heart--which doesn't explain why worlds like Destiny Islands and Deep Jungle were untouched by Heartless to begin with when you first start those worlds in the first game. And how everyone can bypass the world's walls at will with the Corridors and the Gummi Ship, even though the first game tells you you want be able to travel that way anymore. I mean, what are the point of the world's walls again now?

Yeah, the Heartless thing was kind of underhanded but it made sense. And as Yen Sid said, the Heartless were far fewer. (Keep in mind, there were worlds in the sky that wouldn't and didn't' have Heartless without the villains influence. Atlantica's a good example of that)

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
It was never stated in game how Triton knew about the Keyblade but, as others have said, he probably somehow heard stories of the Keyblade War.
I remember a lot of people thought Terra, Aqua, and Ven would go to Atlantica in BBS and that would be how Triton knew but obviously that didn't happen.

Some guy

And how everyone can bypass the world's walls at will with the Corridors and the Gummi Ship, even though the first game tells you you want be able to travel that way anymore. I mean, what are the point of the world's walls again now?
I believe Keyblade wielders always had a way around the walls (during BBS the walls were still up I believe?), but they had to open "pathways" to do so ... And darkness users somehow can bypass the walls (heartlesses too?)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I believe Keyblade wielders always had a way around the walls (during BBS the walls were still up I believe?), but they had to open "pathways" to do so ... And darkness users somehow can bypass the walls (heartlesses too?)

The Lanes Between are the pathways Keyblade Wielders use to traverse the worlds, in BBS all the worlds borders were still up and functioning, so it seems that the Lanes must be unlocked. Eraqus was able to do it from the LoD, but Sora had to unlock them one gate at a time. The Heartless and Nobodies can use the corridors of Darkness, it seems.

Samhain

Bronze Member
I still honestly can't believe they didn't include Atlantica in KH BBS

That would have explained how Triton knew more about the Keyblade and how it brought chaos to the worlds because of Xehanort

Of course no mention of it in KH BBS. I was very disappointed

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
What? No, he said the exact opposite. Leon: "We may never meet again, but we'll never forget each other."
I must've been thinking of something Yuffie said earlier in the conversation about how before all of this, Sora never knew of the other worlds because the walls to keep the worlds from knowing one another existed. It's been a while since I played the first game, so I must've started thinking the last part was more of "our hearts will remember everything even if we won't" way. Oh, well. My fault.

Since I reawakened this topic, I'll just throw this out there: what if Triton's opinion of the Keyblade wielders is affected by his hatred of humans? We'll never know since they didn't go into detail, but I thought it might be possible he was told of Keyblade wielders at some point or perhaps met one and realized they must be humans in their own worlds then tacked on the part about how they bring ruin and chaos himself. He does point out the fact that Sora can't swim, so the possibility's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back