• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

king of the hill cancelled

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
i don't know if anyone knew(or cared) but here it is

TVweeknews said:
Fox has canceled long-running animated comedy "King of the Hill."

The show's most recent episode order of 13 half-hours will be its last, a Fox spokesman said Thursday. Given the lead time for animation, it's likely the series will air its final episode sometime during the 2009-10 season.

News of "King's" death isn't a surprise. The show has cheated death several times over the past few years, with Fox coming close to pulling the plug more than once.

Gary Newman, co-chairman of 20th Century Fox TV, told TVWeek earlier this month that renewals for "American Dad" and "The Simpsons" were imminent, but he wasn't so sure about "Hill."

"It's probably time [for Fox to make a decision]," Mr. Newman said. "I don't know if the network will be ordering more seasons or not. That show has had its last rites read to it several times, and keeps rearing its head again."

is anyone sad, angry, relieved? feelings please.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I tried watching it on Sundays, never really interested me.

#1 Xemnas

#1 Sex Man
it was a good series at the beginning, through the 4th season, id say. then, people were straightening out, poeple started learning lessons, and it stopped being funny. it still is kinda, but not so much.

it's supposed to be a show about rednecks and how funny they are, but they mixed it with stuff like myspace.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Being a very big fan of the show, I'd normally say that this is bad news but the recent episodes have gotten a bit silly, so it's not really a big deal. We have about 10 other seasons of greatness anyway.

it was a good series at the beginning, through the 4th season, id say. then, people were straightening out, poeple started learning lessons, and it stopped being funny. it still is kinda, but not so much.

it's supposed to be a show about rednecks and how funny they are, but they mixed it with stuff like myspace.

Uh..I never got the impression that the show was supposed to be how funny rednecks are. It's about a suburban family living in Texas and exploring various modern the themes. The humour is more subtle than most shows, relying on the conventional and sometimes mundane to get the jokes through (and boy, does it work), and the show did not stop being funny when people started learning lessons, imo, that's what actually strengthened the show, it was able to retain a realistic setting, get a point accross and still be funny.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I could never watch more than 5 minutes of this shit without wanting to kick someone in the nuts. Yeah, it was that bad.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well I disliked the show, but it will stay on the air because January 1st Adult Swim is going to start airing it.

Obito

Awards
Well I disliked the show, but it will stay on the air because January 1st Adult Swim is going to start airing it.

Really??
I used to watch this everyday last year on my9 at 1am.I love king of the hill and the theme was epic to me

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Thank god. It was a horrible show. It's humor was stupid and gave no possible reason to actually laugh at it.

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, I really liked this show and I watch it all the time. I was a bit sad to hear it's almost over,
but I know many people do not like the show so it was not to surprising when I heard it's not going on
much longer.

but whatever, I'm sure it will still be on FX and from what some of you say it's going to be on Adult Swim,
so ehh.. Whatever, yeah I'll miss it but it's not like I'll ever see it again.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Adult Swim's going to start airing the show every night at 10 anyway, so don't sweat it.
It's also been reported that ABC may pick the show up.

King of the Hill could reign at ABC | Entertainment | Television | Reuters

I heard that too. I hope it's cancelled. I used to watch it a lot, and the newer ones are boring. All it is is Simpson's cameos and Dale jokes now.

BTW, one of the Disney girls in your sig is hot, T-M.

Let me give you a hint:

It's NOT the blonde one.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
I just saw an episode today, and I really wonder how anyone can possibly greatly despise this show. It's pure awesomness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back