• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kinect

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

αsiя

space coke
xbox_kinect1.jpg

Came out last Thursday, and today I had the privilege of trying it out at my friend's house. To be honest, I found it fun. I don't get it why some people bash it just because of the sake that it's a "motion control" (even though there is no controller) and because it doesn't attract "hardcore" players. To me it was a fun device and it's very responsive, especially liked Dance Central and Kinect Adventures. I see MS is trying to attract the Wii audience, and I don't blame them.

So 1+ to Kinect, and this thread is to discuss about it of course.

Raebus

I've got mine preordered and I can't wait to pick it up. I had a chance to try it out at game and it was so much fun and pretty accurate in how it reacted to my movements. I already own the move and I can see myself playing on the kinect more.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm sure it's fun, but it's not worth $150 of fun that lasts in few-minute bursts with the family to me.

I don't see it ever being capable of working for hardcore games or games that stretch beyond exercise or party, so I'm not interested. I'd rather play a board game or my already-purchased Wii.

And I feel like others might have this same mindset.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
I'm sure it's fun, but it's not worth $150 of fun that lasts in few-minute bursts with the family to me.

I don't see it ever being capable of working for hardcore games or games that stretch beyond exercise or party, so I'm not interested. I'd rather play a board game or my already-purchased Wii.

Yeah this is what I think

Plus from what I heard you can't sit down

Arausio

Celtic God of Water

BAM.

couldnt have said it any better.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

This is exactly how I feel. Kinect didn't sound very appealing when we first heard about it, and as it stands now I'm still not interested.

THE GAME

I remember the only reason my friends were interested in it was because they thought shooters would be awesome for it, until they discovered it cant detect individual fingers. The Kinect games are mainly targeted at kids and families, with party games and exercise games. There's a few racing games, but that isn't any more realistic than having an actual wheel when playing a racing game on the PS3 or Wii. The same can be said with games that have you swinging a sword. It is more realistic to have something physically in your hand than nothing. Without buttons, you really cant have any hardcore games. In my opinion, Kinect is stupid and not worth the money.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I'd absolutely play it, if someone who owned it offered to let me, but... As it stands, I'm not willing to shell out the money for it. I just don't figure I'd use it enough to merit a buy.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
judging from IGN rewievs it's a bit worse then I thought but not to bad, seem fun but for now, nothing more (ofcourse it's the same for ps move exept it being precise)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
we don't bash it because it's motion control or a wii rip-off

we bash it because it uses inferior and intentionally diluted tech and software compared to it's competitor, and fundamentally brings people down to reconcile with gesture-based movements instead of quality 1:1 movement capture

but yeah the marketing campaign is really good im sure it will sell well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back