• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Kimi no na wa (Your Name)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
fghdfxd-728x404-728x404.png

[video=youtube;hRfHcp2GjVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRfHcp2GjVI[/video]​

I just got done watching this movie (became very popular in Japan fairly quickly) and at first i didn't know what to expect, but i must say that towards the end...this was enjoyable. Completely engaging. I added the trailer to sort of give an idea of what's going on, but i implore those who love a good anime story in their daily lives to give this a one a try.

Haven't made a thread in ages...

Griewer

Awards
I really want to watch this. The trailer got me really interested. *_*
They say it became one of the highest grossing anime movies in Japan. <_<

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I watched it.

EDIT:

Bring tissues. Dear god, I've never been really moved by an anime like this before that I'm literally crying right now. I held my breath over and over throughout this movie. It's a must watch! Prepare to cry. I agree wholeheartedly with Ophan on this movie. I don't want to spoil anything but, it's beyond enjoyable and it's a rollercoaster full of feelings.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I watched it.

EDIT:

Bring tissues. Dear god, I've never been really moved by an anime like this before that I'm literally crying right now. I held my breath over and over throughout this movie. It's a must watch! Prepare to cry. I agree wholeheartedly with Ophan on this movie. I don't want to spoil anything but, it's beyond enjoyable and it's a rollercoaster full of feelings.

lol, glad you enjoyed it. Definitely a tear jerker this one is

Muke

whatever
Awards
I literally just watched it and this is my absolutely FAVORITE movie… wow.
Wow...
wow.
Everybody watch it.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I've heard so much good about it but I'm feeling a bit hesitant to watch it. 5 centimeters per second just destroyed my heart, not sure if I'm ready for that again right now... xD But I do want to watch it. I will. Someday.

But yeah if you like this film, consider watching if you haven't already:

5 centimeters per second
The place promised in our early days
Girl that leapt through time
Garden of words

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Wow, that trailer is amazing.
It's been awhile since I've watched anything anime so this I may see! :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
Watch it in japanese with subs though. The English dub is h o r r i b l e

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've heard so much good about it but I'm feeling a bit hesitant to watch it. 5 centimeters per second just destroyed my heart, not sure if I'm ready for that again right now... xD But I do want to watch it. I will. Someday.

But yeah if you like this film, consider watching if you haven't already:

5 centimeters per second
The place promised in our early days
Girl that leapt through time
Garden of words

Your list of recommendations is a blessing! I really wanted something equally as good as (Your Name) to watch. I've only seen 'Girl that leapt through time' a few years ago and that destroyed me a tiny bit inside. xD (I didn't cry but gosh, wasn't expecting it any with that turn out at the end.)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I just watched this movie with my sister today and oh my gosh it was so good. I cried at least 3 times during the movie. The characters were really good, the music and overall visual style was amazing. Go watch this if you can. If you are an emotional sap like me bring tissues!

Gosh, I am so glad my sister dragged me too see this movie.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sigh I've been really wanting to see it, but it isn't playing anywhere in my hometown. Guess I have to wait for it to come out on google play

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I saw this a week or so ago subbed and loved it. I do want to support the dub, and go see it again.

Even though I thought the movie was strong, it's interesting that the director noted it's "incomplete" and doesn't want as much attention drawn to it as it's been getting. I guess, I understand as an artist you don't want to be compared to someone like Miyazaki, because you're work will consistently be compared to the other artist, or your own past work. You want to be free to create without those pressures.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I saw this film in February and again last week, and I definitely enjoyed it more the second time around. The first watch was engaging and all but the movie drags in some parts and had a lot of trouble staying tonally consistent, which frustrated my attempts to lose myself in the film's narrative. The pure ambition and the visual spectacle that comes with it is pretty infectious, though.

I'd love to see a shorter draft of the movie: one that cuts out all of the ridiculous j-rock music video segueing and that endless ending. On the whole, I prefer the focus and restrained sense of purpose on display in 5 cm per second: a lot of the second-half drama in your name., down to the little details, felt inauthentic and staged to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back