• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Killzone 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Re: KILLZONE 2 discussion thread

Ummmmmmm no.
They're pretty much the same as LBP.
LBP won a crapload of innovation awards, though.
It's also rumored to have sold around 2 million worldwide now, and considering the fact it's a new IP that sold during the Holiday Break with other AAA titles, and that Mirror's Edge, and other multiplatform original IPs just barely hit the 1 million mark now and have been out longer than LBP, I tip my hat to LBP.

But as much as I'd love this thread to be about LBP, it's not. It's about KZ2 (though there's gonna be a kZ2 pack in LBP...okay I'll stop)

So KZ2 has a really cool multiplayer component where it just streams different game types seamlessly after a victory in different matches...so no lobby...no matchmaking, you just join with other people (or your friends) and then it just smoothly transitions from like team deathmatch to capture the flag to whatever. But I heard they work in 15 minute intervals, so it's kind of confusing to me I guess.

Hokage

Banned
Awards

I got the demo code the other day from GameStop for pre-ordering the game. It supposedly starts tomorrow (err today I guess). I'm excited to play the game that will supposedly sell PS3's haha. But no, the game has lots of potential and it's graphically one of the best so I hope I enjoy what it has to offer.

Awards

Killzone 2 makes me want to invest in a PS3 rather than a laptop for school. I love the asethetics in the first Killzone. The Helghast are still my favorite, design wisse.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider

Killzone 2 makes me want to invest in a PS3 rather than a laptop for school. I love the asethetics in the first Killzone. The Helghast are still my favorite, design wisse.
*high five*

Hokage

Banned
Awards

My mini review of the game from my time with the very short but very sweet demo.

After playing this game, I must say that's it probably going to be a buy for me. The graphics are great and the environment is amazing. The way pieces of concrete fly past you while you take cover behind a block of stone and the way the weapons all have different "feels" is awesome and the animation is pretty spot on. The enemy AI is awesome as well since they take notice of what's going on, working in teams to kill you and dodging grenades instead of standing there.

That be said, there are some things that I didn't like which is basically the controls. I found that the default controls were kinda tedious to get just right and coming from COD4 it's hard to get used to, but I'm sure this will be a non issue as I get used to the controls (also I know that I can set the controls closer to COD4 but I don't want to , since this is not COD4.) Also the sensitivity is kinda off and no amount of adjusting could get it just right. COD4 has an amazing aiming system and I guess it spoiled me as trying to get used to Killzone 2's aiming system (which feels different with each gun) is going to take some getting used to as well.

All in all it's a great demo and I'm even more excited for the game, mainly for the multiplayer aspects of it which aren't in the demo sadly :( If you haven't picked up the demo yet, I suggest you do so right now as it's an AAA title regardless of overhyping.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

The AI was incredibly smart for me.
I tried hiding in that shed inside the warehouse, and while I'm picking off troops in front of me, two sneak up behind me and try to kill me inside the shed from behind at the door. o_O

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

So, someone convince me to get this game, for as I see it, it is just another shooter, albeit pretty.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

OMG LMFAO

I love Adam Sessler.

So, someone convince me to get this game, for as I see it, it is just another shooter, albeit pretty.

Yeah, it is.
I'm really sick of shooters, but I'll probably get it anyway because as cliche' and overdone as it is, KZ2 does it really well, especially in multiplayer. :p

New2Ya

I'm lost...

Did you guys hear about EDGE magazine?

They rated the game 7/10.

Okay, maybe they just didnt like the game, it wasnt good enough, but hear this. They rated F.E.A.R. 2 an 8/10 and the game below too!

YouTube - Let's Tap first Footage and controls

This is embarassing really.

I dont know who's reviewing these games, but I'm now convinced EDGE is the last magazine to take into consider when buying games.

Shade737

Silver Member

If its not 360 Bias I don't know what it is.

D

The KR3W

Did you guys hear about EDGE magazine?

They rated the game 7/10.

Okay, maybe they just didnt like the game, it wasnt good enough, but hear this. They rated F.E.A.R. 2 an 8/10 and the game below too!

YouTube - Let's Tap first Footage and controls

This is embarassing really.

I dont know who's reviewing these games, but I'm now convinced EDGE is the last magazine to take into consider when buying games.

I hate some of EDGE ratings, I forget the game's name but they gave a 5 star game a 7/10. (Wasn't KZ2)

Hokage

Banned
Awards

That score was given to generate hits for their site/magazine. That's all. Don't worry the game is great as I'm sure all you PS3 owners have seen from the demo. 7/10 from a low-profile magazine like Edge isn't enough to sway anyone. Also, god damn I wish the demo had multiplayer as I'm really looking forward to playing you guys.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider

I should be lynch...for...

EVER...

doubting this game. The demo is so...damn epic I can't explain it. I thought I was playing the game, I got so mad when the black screen came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back