• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Killzone 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Re: KILLZONE 2 discussion thread

So what rank do you need to be at to get the other classes? I got the medic so far, but is all. I gave over 3 hours last night to playing online nonstop. I love the online system. It uses the idea of warhawk which was one of the few things I loved about that game.

D

The KR3W

So what rank do you need to be at to get the other classes? I got the medic so far, but is all. I gave over 3 hours last night to playing online nonstop. I love the online system. It uses the idea of warhawk which was one of the few things I loved about that game.

Well so far you are at the rank Master Sergeant which gets you the Medic badge.

All of this can be explained in the My Rankings section:

Sergeant Major- Light Machine Guns

Lieutenant- Engineer Badge

Captain- Missile Launcher

Major- Tactician Badge

Lieutenant Colonel- Assault Badge, Grenade Launcher

Colonel- Saboteur Badge

General- Scout Badge, Sniper Rifle

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

Already got the LMG so that means I am close to being an engineer which i am sort of excited about. Many spots to put up a mounted machine gun. Also played this one dick that people were so surprised his score was so high. The only reason why he got so many points was he decided to whore out the missile launcher. Backed his whole team into the back room and next thing we now we see missile after missile.

D

The KR3W

Already got the LMG so that means I am close to being an engineer which i am sort of excited about. Many spots to put up a mounted machine gun. Also played this one dick that people were so surprised his score was so high. The only reason why he got so many points was he decided to whore out the missile launcher. Backed his whole team into the back room and next thing we now we see missile after missile.

Missile Launcher = noob.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

Missile Launcher used properly =/= noob
Using missile launcher like a bitch = noob.

King Leonidas

SPARTA!!!

I just got killzone a few days ago, its a really good game. Its challenging if you play it on the hardest difficulty. I play it online too, my psn is Blakeman23.

SoRaBhK_dUdE

So, let's all assume I don't know anything about games. What is so good about this game that makes me want to buy it? And let's assume I haven't played the first one, will I need to play the first one?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

It's just a generic shooter, however, it well refines and perfects everything that a shooter should be. It's just an a great FPS experience, at the best it can be for how cliche' FPSes have gotten. And no, you don't need to have played the first one. Since when were shooter games all about teh plotz anyway?

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com

So, let's all assume I don't know anything about games. What is so good about this game that makes me want to buy it? And let's assume I haven't played the first one, will I need to play the first one?

It's just a generic shooter, however, it well refines and perfects everything that a shooter should be. It's just an a great FPS experience, at the best it can be for how cliche' FPSes have gotten. And no, you don't need to have played the first one. Since when were shooter games all about teh plotz anyway?

Pretty much this ^ explains a lot.
It pretty much takes from all the successful FPS' out there and refines them as Dogen pointed out.
As far as the story is concerned, meh it's pretty much generic, but as far as the all around feel is concerned I can say it's the first game I've ever played that as literally made me feel like I was in the middle of a war and that my enemies weren't oblivious to my location. I never played Call of Duty 4 so forgive me for not mentioning it.
I literally had to change up my strategy because the Helgasts would eventually figure it out and counter it.
For instance I started out on Normal difficulty and since you can take more damage, I'd run out and fire at anything that moved. However, as the game progressed they'd take cover behind me so by the time I was already sometime ahead they'd sometimes jump out and attack me from behind before I could figure out where the shots were coming from. This works the same for taking cover too much, I'd sometimes hide in cover and shoot out when the coast was clear and eventually they'd swarm my location and flank me with grenades while half of them got around just enough to shoot me. A good example of this is the last level.

With a week or two, when I get free time, I'm going to go back and beat all the levels without dying (Untouchable-silver-trophy) as well as completely all levels on the Elitist (Heroic Survivor-gold-trophy).
I'm also going to go back and collect all the intel and shoot all Helgast symbols; the intel isn't all that hard to find now that I know where they all are (I only missed a couple in the last levels), but the Helgast symbols I had no idea where they were save 1 or 2 in the a couple levels.

As far as online play goes, the classes really even things up a bit, even though the Assault class is pretty much used by noobs there are ways around it. It takes sometime to level up and if you're good enough it won't take much time to do so. Also they don't just throw you into random matches online with people who rank higher than you; they'll match you up with people who are at or around (give or take 1 or 2 levels) higher than you until you rank up to General to which you won't have to worry about that anymore.
It pays to have a working mic so you can talk to your team and getting a squad together within your team comes in handy as well. Plus online trophies, ribbons, classes, support abilities, and medals just add to the replay value if the online universe alone isn't enough to keep your attention.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

Well if you will want a shooter, no matter how much i love KZ2, the better game to get is maybe CoD4. KZ2 is an amazing shooter but the feeling for the game doesn't quite reach the way it is for CoD4. You get a better flow and an easier curve when playing CoD4. KZ2 is great but main problem is the aim. I remember standing right behind someone and firing with my aim and somehow I missed every shot and he was able to turn around and kill me?????? The game has stupid points to it, and well the grenades can be annoying as hell. To me I feel better with a regular grenade
they'll match you up with people who are at or around (give or take 1 or 2 levels)
Now that is BS. For some reason when I first started there were players about 4 levels higher than me. Hell one game there had to be one guy with a missile launcher and yet I haven't even had the medic class yet which is about 3 levels from the missile launcher. The game itself is rather annoying, but again I will continue playing it because it is fun.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website

Now that is BS. For some reason when I first started there were players about 4 levels higher than me. Hell one game there had to be one guy with a missile launcher and yet I haven't even had the medic class yet which is about 3 levels from the missile launcher. The game itself is rather annoying, but again I will continue playing it because it is fun.

That never happened to me. Then again I got the Engineer before Rocket guys started popping up and I was somewhat leveled up with my Medic class.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

Yeah also another down to this game I have found is mainly with the classes. The fact it has classes makes it seem to much like Team Fortress with enhanced graphics. That is sort of a downer. Team Fortress is a great game, but just seems like a copy cat version.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website

Yeah also another down to this game I have found is mainly with the classes. The fact it has classes makes it seem to much like Team Fortress with enhanced graphics. That is sort of a downer. Team Fortress is a great game, but just seems like a copy cat version.

Meh I'm fine with it, it just adds to the replay ability for me regardless of who did it firsts. I mean as long as it's fun to pick up and play it shouldn't matter.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

This thread about the series as well?
If so, I rented Killzone and it's okay; is Killzone 2 like a HUGE upgrade to it? Cuz from pics and stuff it looks pretty amazing.
And is it nessecary to play Liberation? Cuz it seems like it's kinda in a sense what CoM is to KHII

D

The KR3W

This thread about the series as well?
If so, I rented Killzone and it's okay; is Killzone 2 like a HUGE upgrade to it? Cuz from pics and stuff it looks pretty amazing.
And is it nessecary to play Liberation? Cuz it seems like it's kinda in a sense what CoM is to KHII

Yes KZ2 is a huge upgrade to its precessor.

If you want to follow the Campaign storyline yes, but its not necessary.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'll probably get it for the hell of it.
How much replay value does Killzone 2 have? I'm debating if I should buy it or not

D

The KR3W

I'll probably get it for the hell of it.
How much replay value does Killzone 2 have? I'm debating if I should buy it or not

Well I have yet to play the Campaign, but I don't think that the Campaign has really high replay value.

But the online is insane and you will be playing that for a while. So the online Warzone you will probably keep playing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back