• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Killzone 2 at GDC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I love the part where Harrisson clearly states that this is just to show of the engine, and definetly not the game. Did you see how good Heavenly Sword now looks? If thats possible, Killzone can look 10x better than the E305 trailer.

Lord n00b

I don't see what the big deal is. According to Gamespot,

"As with the previous Killzone trailer, the game looks like it has the potential to make quite a splash for the PlayStation 3 if it delivers on its promise. The action looks fast and detailed, and it seems to be covering all the right bases. The visuals are looking sharp, and the vast scale of the outdoor areas is impressive, while the indoor spaces we saw were good and claustrophobic. Granted, we didn't see anything quite as jaw dropping as the eerie human animation in the previous trailer, but as Harrison noted, this trailer was more of a technical showcase than a proper trailer. Look for more on Killzone at E3 later this year, where Sony and Amsterdam-based Guerilla will hopefully deliver the goods in playable form."

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Look at Heavenly Sword, idiot. XD

The visuals are better than Gears of War now... (check the topic)
That is, if we may believe the developers who claim it is ingame.

Oh I have. But its not going to look 10X Killzone 2 E3 2005 trailer. It might look about like that, but not 10X better. Thats all I meant.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Oh I have. But its not going to look 10X Killzone 2 E3 2005 trailer. It might look about like that, but not 10X better. Thats all I meant.
Lol, okay. But HS should be released around summer/autumn, while Killzone is scheduled for Winter 07 and will probably be delayed...

If they can get the graphics become better than a game like Gears of War in a few months (HS), they can make it 10x better in more than a year, no? That's what I meant.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Lol, okay. But HS should be released around summer/autumn, while Killzone is scheduled for Winter 07 and will probably be delayed...

I though HS got delayed. Or is that the new expected release?

If they can get the graphics become better than a game like Gears of War in a few months (HS), they can make it 10x better in more than a year, no? That's what I meant.

True. But I still dont see it getting better then what it looked like at E3 2005. I cant imagine anygame surpassing that. But we'll have to wait and see.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Why is Killzone a big deal? The first one sucked, what makes the second one any better? From what I've read on 1up, they're not branding the game as Killzone 2. When they ran the footage, it said "Killzone" not "Killzone 2". So, who knows what Sony is doing with it.
I just don't see the big deal with it. If Sony were to announce a new SOCOM game, that would make me happy. SOCOM was their biggest online game ever. Why have they swept that under the carpet? It was a better series than the Killzone one. (Though there have only been two Killzones') I don't know though. This mixes in with the other thread that's up here. It's just showing their new Playstation EDGE workstation.
I can guarantee that when you see the polished demo at E3 this year it will nothing like the E305 trailer. What you've seen from the E305 trailer was a target trailer. All of it was CG renderings. Nothing special.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Why is Killzone a big deal? The first one sucked, what makes the second one any better? From what I've read on 1up, they're not branding the game as Killzone 2. When they ran the footage, it said "Killzone" not "Killzone 2". So, who knows what Sony is doing with it.
I just don't see the big deal with it. If Sony were to announce a new SOCOM game, that would make me happy. SOCOM was their biggest online game ever. Why have they swept that under the carpet? It was a better series than the Killzone one. (Though there have only been two Killzones') I don't know though. This mixes in with the other thread that's up here. It's just showing their new Playstation EDGE workstation.
I can guarantee that when you see the polished demo at E3 this year it will nothing like the E305 trailer. What you've seen from the E305 trailer was a target trailer. All of it was CG renderings. Nothing special.

You know, thats true. I haven't heard of anything different from the 1st Killzone to this. So I guess all this is is just Killzone 1, except with good graphics.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I love the part where Harrisson clearly states that this is just to show of the engine, and definetly not the game. Did you see how good Heavenly Sword now looks? If thats possible, Killzone can look 10x better than the E305 trailer.

Don't give you're hopes up. Didnt they lie about, Killzone video at E3 was in real time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back