• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kid shooting himself rumor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

adude9000

People keep saying "I heard a kid shot himself because he didn't like how they pronounced Eraqus." Was this true and if so where's the article to support it?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Heard about it. Don't believe it. I'd like to think that no one's that stupid, but hey, who knows?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know why this is questioned. It's obviously not true. Nobody is that stupid to honestly commit suicide due to them pronouncing Eraqus's name a different way. That'd be like if someone committed suicide because someone misspelled their name.

Kid: What?! They pronounced Eraqus's name differently?! Everyone betrayed me, I'm fed up with this world! *goes on Tommy Wisaeu rampage and then shoots himself*

Trimms

If he did then so be it, if he was that obsessed with Japanese pronunciations (and probably Japan) then I'm glad we got rid of one more white person who thinks they can one day be Japanese, and cuddle with their lame anime toys while they stay up late learning 5-10 Japanese words to add to their daily English vocabulary despite knowing nothing about the language itself.

You all know exactly who I'm talking about, too. KAWAI DESU!

If a boy is really dead, then I'm sorry for his family as it's a terrible tragedy. But not for him.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I've never heard of this.

Sounds like BS.

HURRR HE SAID ERACKUS I DUNT LIKE *shot*

Absolute

It speaks about my desensitization view of people's stupidity when I CAN'T 100% say 'Yea, this is fake.' In other words, would it surprise me if it was true? Not one bit.

After all, someone did kill themselves when their Everquest save was lost.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm pretty sure it's only been mentioned once, as a joke, in the thread where people complained about χblade not being Ecksblade:

Ovafaze said:
no, because its just a game and I will go on living my life regardless. I heard a kid shot himself because he didn't like how they pronounced Eraqus.

If you're so worried, go ask ovafaze where they think they heard it lolol

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
My name is Todd.
You have no idea how many times I have to repeat it because they thought they heard Tom.
And let me tell you...Those were some dark days.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
They pronounced x-blade wrong too...OMG IT'S KI, NOT KEY! :jumps off cliff:

I'd honestly like to think no one is that stupid, but...

Hmm? They pronounce X-Blade the exact same way they do in the Japanese version :/

OMG! They mispronounced Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep! They should know that it's supposed to be "Kingadooma hatsu bath bie sweepu!" not "Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep!" AHHH!!! (stabs himself and suddenly finds that his stand is melting into darkness and thus the body goes into darkness)

Dman2.0

Anyone who would do that deserves to die anyways. I highly doubt its true but it is something that not only deserves death but immediate resurection and death again.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
YOU MEAN KINGUDAMU HAATSU BAASU BAI SURIIPU??! OMG... THE MISPRONUNCIATION... *puts pistol in mouth*

And thus so many KH fans were enraged that they attempted to perform a terrorist suicide bombing all over the Earth and then at December 21, 2012 they would've successfully killed every person on earth including themselves... all because they were grammer nazis.

The Greek letter x is supposed to be pronounced KAI (with a long i sound), not key, otherwise it's just confusing. For the sake of simplicity I pronounce it as the X-blade (as in, the ex-blade).

MX: X... a most ancient letter. Some say "Kai" but the meaning is the same.

You can pronounce the X-Blade either "Key" or "Kai", it really doesn't matter. Plus it was like that in the Japanese version. Personally I call it "Kai-Blade" just because "Ex-Blade" sounds lame and "Key-Blade" just makes it too confusing. But either way, there's no true way of pronouncing certain things.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
MX: X... a most ancient letter. Some say "Kai" but the meaning is the same.

You can pronounce the X-Blade either "Key" or "Kai", it really doesn't matter. Plus it was like that in the Japanese version. Personally I call it "Kai-Blade" just because "Ex-Blade" sounds lame and "Key-Blade" just makes it too confusing. But either way, there's no true way of pronouncing certain things.

I know it means the same, but with them pronouncing it as "key," it tends to make things a little confusing so I either use kai-blade or ex-blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back