• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Kid in my school committed suicide.

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Ok, today I went to school as normal, and then around 4th period I notice everyone is crying in the halls. I asked my teacher she said a boy killed himself. I didn't know the boy at all. But I need help dealing with some of the people I know who knew him. I need to help them not me. What should I do.

P.S. I was embaressed in the hall, because here I was happy-go-lucky and everyone else was crying, and I had no idea this happened.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
One word:

Comfort.

Try your best to be there for those who knew this boy, to share their grief and help them move on. Don't say you know how you feel, because obviously you don't have any "close" feelings about this boy, so it would be hard to relate; unless, however, you had a death in your family, or something along the lines of that. You could tell them (or him, or her) that you have had a similar experience. That shows that life can move on, and that you're a living example of it.

So yeah, don't say or do anything that would bring them down. Try to uplift their sorrowful spirits to the best of your abilities.

I'm sorry to hear that tragic news... may the boy rest in peace, and may his family/friends be able to move on.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
In my opinion.... don't say anything about it. Let your friends talk about it if they want, don't force the topic.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Uhhhhhhh, don't do anything. Be yourself. If anyone says, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" tell em to **** off.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
it could be a lot of reasons. depression, family issues, ect. but there's the problem with identifying it. one minute they're acting normal as usual, the next thing, BAM!!!! they end up bumping themselves off.

BTB how did he kill himself? just asking.

?ŕ??мļēśş

Oh yeah. People kill themselves all the time. You wouldn't believe how many do. Be grateful that another waste of everything just killed himself. The people that knew him, well you might want to avoid them if you're bad at comforting them. I tried a few times, and well, they never talked to me again...
If you do try to comfort them tell them that they should remember all the good times and maybe have a few of them make a memorial for themselves or the family with photos and whatnot. You could help with that I guess. Good luck dealing with the people who knew him.

Vicodin

relative power
If it's not affiliated to you in anyway, you shouldn't involve yourself with it, unless some way you get brought into it.
It's not your problem. Don't make it such.

wow...im really sorry to hear this happened.

i would comfort your friends who are upset about the whole incident; even though you didnt know him it's very upsetting to hear and think about. situations like these arent easy to talk about, so it's okay if you dont know exactly what to say. just try your best in helping others to cope with the situation.

hope this helps and that everyone will be okay soon. prayers are with the boy and his family tonight.

D

Deleted member 36435

Alright, I get it comfort or just keep out of it... I'm leaning towards the latter option.
Anyways, I'll tell the details that I heard for those who wish to know:
He killed himself supposebly because he was going to have to go into 8th grade for the third time.
He killed himself supposebly by shooting a pistol up threw his chin into his head, while his parents and brother were at his brothers senior night at our school.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
Ok, today I went to school as normal, and then around 4th period I notice everyone is crying in the halls. I asked my teacher she said a boy killed himself. I didn't know the boy at all. But I need help dealing with some of the people I know who knew him. I need to help them not me. What should I do.

P.S. I was embaressed in the hall, because here I was happy-go-lucky and everyone else was crying, and I had no idea this happened.

Wow.
An extremely similar thing happened the last week of school.
A Senior drowned in a river and everyone was crying and I was all cheerful and had no clue how I was supposed to make anyone feel better.

I just told my friends that if they needed someone to talk to I was there for them.
But, This is so strange =/

Sora18

look the best thing for you to do, is to comfort those who knew the kid. It's the best thing. It's going to take time, so don't feel bad about not knowing what happened. I'm sure there are other kids who don't know what was going on.

Black-Harmonia

Website
www.black-harmonia.deviantart.com
Wow. Thats horrible. You shouldnt feel bad about your own bliss though. Sure it's good to at feel sort of shocked on the matter. Just confort his friends I suppose.

Somthing similar happened at my school. A boy killed himself in September, but our school decided to keep it under wraps. That week, alot of the juniors were upset, bue being a sophmore, me and my friends knew noting. I found out on the last day of school. (May 25th).
No announcement, nothing.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
All you need to do is move on don't concern yourself with something that's NOYB. People kill themselves everyday don't know why, but they do I don't concern myself with cause it doesn't do anything, but bring trouble.

FYI Just casue your in a state of depression, or anything else doesn't mean kill yourself it's stupid, and you'll regret it when you're dead regardless.

D

Deleted member 36435

Great... some disrespectful jackasses at our school were making fun of him... and his best friends made a gun threat... and we had cops and everything, also hall was empty, usually some kids in it but today, no one except for teachers and police.

I

Inuyashigan

Be grateful that another waste of everything just killed himself.

that is the most inconsiderate statement I've heard in this kind of situation, maybe even my whole life >_>

Royale

manic
Suicide is no longer a big surprise since it happens every so often. People need to learn how to deal with their problems and not take the easy way out. Just the other day, my cousin told me that this one boy at her school committed suicide because he wasn't graduating from High School. He left a note saying sorry to his parents and how him committing suicide was for the best since he'd just be a burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back